Max Brosmer is visiting the Twin Cities, spending Saturday with the Minnesota coaching staff

At least there were no tractor pulls being held at Huntington this weekend.

Would be curious who the backup plan is if he doesn’t commit

I love this move. Fill in QB for 2024 with a highly ranked kid taking over in 2025.

Not to mention, there is NO WAY Brosmer is not better than AK would have been next year. No Way.
That’s a lot of negatives but I think I follow you, and agree.

I don't know how accurate this is. On3 shows other schools as more likely.

I imagine his workout would influence an offer or not.

1701660500110.png

I don't know how accurate this is. On3 shows other schools as more likely.

I imagine his workout would influence an offer or not.

View attachment 28749

The On3 accuracy machine thing is super duper bad and mostly just takes into account date of offer and distance from home, that's pretty much it.

I was almost hit...like very close. I do remember someone else with a similar story.
Are you sure he just missed you? Have you noticed your Avatar lately? I hope this isn't a Sixth Sense situation...

Highly unlikely?
Maybe. Hopefully. I’ll just say that success at FCS doesn’t assure success in the B1G - especially with a team that has very limited talent at WR and at developing/coaching offensive strategies. Let’s be honest, we have had a lot of disappointing transfers.

Watching some of his highlight video, he looks more like what we just saw in the Sconni QB who we couldn't find a way to stop last week size wise over what AK brought to the field.

Maybe. Hopefully. I’ll just say that success at FCS doesn’t assure success in the B1G - especially with a team that has very limited talent at WR and at developing/coaching offensive strategies. Let’s be honest, we have had a lot of disappointing transfers.
Just going by the eye test, he has to be better than AK. AK was awful. Worst Gopher QB I can remember not named Rhoda or Croft.

Just going by the eye test, he has to be better than AK. AK was awful. Worst Gopher QB I can remember not named Rhoda or Croft.
Well, hard to argue with that, but he is far from a sure thing….. especially in MN.

For all the huddling up and walking up to the line and picking grass when they get there, for all the indecision in clock management - the Gophers do work very quickly and decisively when it comes to personnel and recruiting decisions under Fleck.

For all the huddling up and walking up to the line and picking grass when they get there, for all the indecision in clock management - the Gophers do work very quickly and decisively when it comes to personnel and recruiting decisions under Fleck.
I think there's some truth that where the gophers are now .... they're going to get what they're going to get to some extent (within a range). So it makes sense to get your commits early (and a lot of other programs do that too) and then get to work.

Even at big name schools there have been examples of coaches when it came to high school commits who shot for the stars for every recruit and when signing day came ... got nothing.

Max seems like a very good get, if you can get him, get him.

Well, hard to argue with that, but he is far from a sure thing….. especially in MN.
True. If we can get decent play from our receivers and O-line though, I think he will do well.
I'm not as down on the OC as others are here though (I'm more of the opinion that I can't tell how good our OC is because our QB play was so bad).

True. If we can get decent play from our receivers and O-line though, I think he will do well.
I'm not as down on the OC as others are here though (I'm more of the opinion that I can't tell how good our OC is because our QB play was so bad).
I’m more of the opinion that I can’t tell how good our OC is because our coach’s involvement seems to make all OCs look bad. 🤷‍♂️

I’m more of the opinion that I can’t tell how good our OC is because our coach’s involvement seems to make all OCs look bad. 🤷‍♂️
Hard to say. Offense looked great in 2019 and ok at times in 2022. That was with Ciarocca. Sanford was a horrible hire and a horrible OC and that is on PJ for hiring him.

I just don't know how to judge Harbaugh's season. Hopefully we throw 40% of the time again like last year and will get better results if we have a competent QB. Defenses may actually have to respect the pass too.

Last edited:

What my eyes tell me is that AK regressed from last year. He had a new side arm throw, threw behind crossing routes and was reluctant to run. Good coaching should have been able to correct all that. So I am down on the OC and Fleck for not fixing any of it.

Top Bottom