Max Brosmer is visiting the Twin Cities, spending Saturday with the Minnesota coaching staff

play this like an NFL free agent visit - don't let him leave town until he commits.

there is a famous Sid story about Sid deliberately getting "lost" on the way to the airport. the Lakers were trying to sign George Mikan to a contract (Mikan had been on a team that folded). Mikan was asking for a lot of money for those days - a $12,000 salary. the ownership balked at the cost, and Mikan was going to leave town without signing. Sid volunteered to drive him to the airport, but drove around until Mikan missed his flight. Mikan spent the night in a Twin Cities Hotel, and signed with the Lakers the next day.

play this like an NFL free agent visit - don't let him leave town until he commits.

there is a famous Sid story about Sid deliberately getting "lost" on the way to the airport. the Lakers were trying to sign George Mikan to a contract (Mikan had been on a team that folded). Mikan was asking for a lot of money for those days - a $12,000 salary. the ownership balked at the cost, and Mikan was going to leave town without signing. Sid volunteered to drive him to the airport, but drove around until Mikan missed his flight. Mikan spent the night in a Twin Cities Hotel, and signed with the Lakers the next day.
Possible, but also possible Sid was full of shite.

I’m willing to watch a door at the stadium!

Sid was supposedly a really terrible driver so the delay in getting Mikan to the airport might not have been done on purpose.
Oh, I don't think there's anything supposed about Sid's driving. It's been widely discussed by many, including his own son. He was known for reading the paper while behind the wheel.

Isn’t there a Gopherholer who was walking and got hit by Sid? I feel like I remember reading about that once upon a time.

He a
Oh, I don't think there's anything supposed about Sid's driving. It's been widely discussed by many, including his own son. He was known for reading the paper while behind the wheel.
He almost ran our family down with his Cadillac going to a Vikings game. All you could see in the car was a tuft of gray hair but a cop was in the intersection stopping traffic when we saw it was Sid, lol.

Sid was a terrible driver. He almost ran me over
He a

He almost ran our family down with his Cadillac going to a Vikings game. All you could see in the car was a tuft of gray hair but a cop was in the intersection stopping traffic when we saw it was Sid, lol.
This is so funny that so many Gopherholers have stories of Sid almost running them over 😆
Around 2009, I was jogging downtown and he was pulling out of the Star Tribune parking lot and almost hit me

Back to the thread though, I hope Brosmer’s visit goes well!

He has two years. And he is enrolling in medical school wherever he goes, so I'm REALLY liking the odds here. Would be a really good get, and they desperately need someone asap.
Source? It appears that he played full seasons in 2019, 2022 and 2023. 2020 doesn't count and he didn't play in 2021. So, by my calculations, his five-year clock (extended to six years by COVID), expires after 2024 absent some type of a waiver.

@2nd Degree Gopher his clock must have at least one year on it, or he wouldn't even be in the portal.

Then as you said, he has participated in three seasons. You only ever get to participate in four.

(Redshirt doesn't count as a participated season, nor do all the other various kinds of waivers)

One season left, no doubt.

@Texan Gopher I think there is still the chance that AK can be really good, but it won't be here.

He needs a different coach and a change of scenery.

Top Bottom