Maturi email on Brewster/KFAN kerfuffle

Wasn't let go from GI...I had an agreement with them that benefited me a tad financially to cover spring practice, and nothing else...when spring prac. was over, so was my time with them, and GH was kind enough to call.

Wasn't let go from GI...I had an agreement with them that benefited me a tad financially to cover spring practice, and nothing else...when spring prac. was over, so was my time with them, and GH was kind enough to call.

I wouldn't worry too much about defending yourself against the beliefs of people about what happened. You did a good job covering spring ball and I for one was very happy to have someone there providing insight/interviews about what was happening. I missed having the same level of coverage for training camp this fall.

Bareirro cleared it all up

Bareirro just cleared it all up. KFAN did nothing wrong. The fault is completely at the U of M.
Also, he added commentators aren't supposed to always be positive. That explains everything.

funny...

For once KFAN is on the receiving end of some unfair criticism, and they throw a two-day hissy fit.

Just a taste of their own medicine if you ask me. This of course, is if we can believe KFAN's side of the story.

Bareirro just cleared it all up. KFAN did nothing wrong. The fault is completely at the U of M.
Also, he added commentators aren't supposed to always be positive. That explains everything.

612_1248461905.jpg
colonel_klink.jpg

Dan likes to dish it out but sure doesn't like being on the other end. If you have heard David Kahn on with him, you'll understand that instantly. Kahn set Barreiro on a 30 minute pout session after Kahn wouldn't play nice with him (he did act like an a**, no doubt about it).

has kahn ever been back on

kahn took him to the woodshed

I wish I'd heard that. Kahn owns and I'm sure he took him apart.

For once KFAN is on the receiving end of some unfair criticism, and they throw a two-day hissy fit.

Just a taste of their own medicine if you ask me. This of course, is if we can believe KFAN's side of the story.

Amazing how it works, isn't it.

Right, because he's a completely disinterested observer.

Just tune them out

That's how you beat some of the hosts at KFAN.

I get my daily Gophers news from this Web site, the Daily Gopher, GophersIllustrated and the two newspapers. I even read Reusse, because I can deal with him more than some shock jocks who either take things out of context or overreact. In fact, I can even deal with Sid just because he amuses me.

When it comes to Doogie, he is very fair in his coverage. And before he arrived at KFAN, there was hardly any coverage of the Gophers on that station at all. They are lost without him, and that's why crap like this happens.

Just tune them out.

Funny that Burrito used to have a blog on KFAN that would allow comments. After all the comments would be anti-Burrito he disabled the comments and his "blog" turned into a 5-point bulletin on his opinions with no rebuttal allowed. He's more thin-skinned than Brewster could ever be.

That's how you beat some of the hosts at KFAN.

I get my daily Gophers news from this Web site, the Daily Gopher, GophersIllustrated and the two newspapers. I even read Reusse, because I can deal with him more than some shock jocks who either take things out of context or overreact. In fact, I can even deal with Sid just because he amuses me.

When it comes to Doogie, he is very fair in his coverage. And before he arrived at KFAN, there was hardly any coverage of the Gophers on that station at all. They are lost without him, and that's why crap like this happens.

Just tune them out.

KFAN is struggling to get a 2.5 share.....most do. :pig:

Well, it's sounds like a little "he said she said".

If the Athletic Dept. didn't have glaring communication problems in the past, I would see their side, but remember, this is the same athletic dept. that sent out commemorative tickets a few years ago honoring "Sandy Stevens" not "Stephens" and it's also the same athletic dept. that sent out letters to basketball season ticket holders by mistake that said something about paying an additonal "fee" for 2009-2010 season tickets.

I heard about 3 minutes of this. He read some vague emails from the U and started screaming in this pitchy, girly voice about how stupid we all are if we can't see how "clear" they are that the U banned KFAN.

KFAN should be highly embarrassed about this.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am sure glad you are here.

I wish I'd heard that. Kahn owns and I'm sure he took him apart.

wait, what? Because he talks to everyone like they're kindergartners? Or the brilliant decision to take a guy who'll never play a single dribble for the TWolves? And has little trade value at this point.

I'll give him credit, at least he admits this team is a mess and won't do squat for a few years.

Why are Gopher fans so overly defensive anyway?

wait, what? Because he talks to everyone like they're kindergartners? Or the brilliant decision to take a guy who'll never play a single dribble for the TWolves? And has little trade value at this point.

I'll give him credit, at least he admits this team is a mess and won't do squat for a few years.

He talks down to people who deserve it generally and I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.

I see what he's trying to do with the team long term and I'm a big fan of it. If he can just figure out a way to unload Love I'll consider season tickets.

the sessions guy from milwaukee they just signed is better than the two stiffs they gave to washington to get that pick that wont be coming for two years

and rubio will be a great trade asset since flynn is better anyway

oh and i'm not overly sensitive either.......but i dont need KFAN and barreiro telling me the gophers have sucked for years......i'm smart enough to figure that out on my own

He talks down to people who deserve it generally and I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.

I see what he's trying to do with the team long term and I'm a big fan of it. If he can just figure out a way to unload Love I'll consider season tickets.

i'd rather he unload jefferson myself

Top Bottom