Maturi email on Brewster/KFAN kerfuffle

Doogie

Reaction score
copied verbatim from my email:

Doogie, just getting to emails – sorry. It is my understanding that Coach Brewster only said no to a Wednesday morning “show” with coaches or players. Wednesday morning is a very busy prep day and the kids are in class. He is willing to go on or have staff go on KFAN at an agreeable day/time. It is the “old” poor communication thing.

Joel Maturi

WOW, so this is PA running with the "the players and coaches are banned from talking to us". So the question begs who is the individual who blew this out of proportion?
My guess is PA. Probably never know.

wow...so sad that PA blew it way out of proportion...i guess they don't have much else to talk about on wednesday morning

PA is a very intelligent guy...didn't hear one second of his show today, so don't know what he said exactly, but I have a hard time believing he blew whatever he said out of proportion.

Or that sound you hear is the Gophers back-pedelling quickly.

How many voices were in between what Brew said what eventually got to PA? It only takes one word added or missing or even emphasizing different words to change a meaning all together.

your right it must be the gopher athletic dept or marketing dept all woke up this morning and said lets call KFAVRE and tell them all of our players and coaches are banned from talking to you FROM NOW ON, starting now! And they would call PA (who always talks about the gophers) and let him be the one to report this breaking news story!

your right it must be the gopher athletic dept or marketing dept all woke up this morning and said lets call KFAVRE and tell them all of our players and coaches are banned from talking to you FROM NOW ON, starting now! And they would call PA (who always talks about the gophers) and let him be the one to report this breaking news story!

Well the opposite suggestion is that PA woke up this morning and said "hey, I think I'm going to make up a story about the Gopher football program this morning." And if anyone at KFAN would do that, it's got to be PA, the most homerish guy they have on air.

The truth nearly always lies somewhere in the middle...but to suggest that the football program isn't where this somehow originated (simple miscommunication or not) is misguided IMO.

Sounds like PA was peeved that he could not interview Cosgrove

This whole story sound's like it ended up being much to do about nothing. Not doing interviews on Wednesday's is a legitimate position for the head coach of the program to have. Heavy schedule day for players and coaches, this actually makes a lot of sense when it come's down to it.

YHO Doogie

"PA is a very intelligent guy...didn't hear one second of his show today, so don't know what he said exactly, but I have a hard time believing he blew whatever he said out of proportion"

Again he is in radio. He cann't be that smart. And you didn't hear a second of his show? You are at least 18 and not listening? You must not be affluent. And again its radio. And how do you fill the hours on a show without suppositions, conjecture, and pouting about not getting what you want. He did not report the facts as we now no them. That's radio. This is the real world.

Pulling 2.2 if he says something, does anyone hear it?

I think PA got shot down because of an interview today (because its two weeks into the stadium and he or his station programmer) has finally called to get an interview about the football team and since they have never called before they didn't know wednesdays were BAD.

Well the opposite suggestion is that PA woke up this morning and said "hey, I think I'm going to make up a story about the Gopher football program this morning." And if anyone at KFAN would do that, it's got to be PA, the most homerish guy they have on air.

The truth nearly always lies somewhere in the middle...but to suggest that the football program isn't where this somehow originated (simple miscommunication or not) is misguided IMO.

Now it couldn't be possible that a talk show host who was a little ticked-off that he couldn't get someone on the day he wanted went on the air with the "we've been banned"?

The same Talk Show Host who ran with the "we've been banned" well into the second hour before the Program Director came on with the news that "we haven't been banned" they could still go to any news conference, practice, post-game show etc. ?

Now it's not possible that the Talk Show Station that ran with the "we've been wronged !! couldn't have over reacted? Brewster had to have over reacted as opposed to a PR guy who was tired of being the fall guy between an irritated Coach and a low-rated Sports Talk Show just saying "he just doesn't want to deal with you guys".

You're saying there's no chance that could have happened?:eek:

PA is a very intelligent guy...didn't hear one second of his show today, so don't know what he said exactly, but I have a hard time believing he blew whatever he said out of proportion.

You can't be serious. I have no idea what happened in this situation but P.A.'s show is practically based on blowing things out of proportion....just like most everything in talk radio. You can't really have a controversial show that gets ratings if everyone is getting along.

copied verbatim from my email:

Doogie, just getting to emails – sorry. It is my understanding that Coach Brewster only said no to a Wednesday morning “show” with coaches or players. Wednesday morning is a very busy prep day and the kids are in class. He is willing to go on or have staff go on KFAN at an agreeable day/time. It is the “old” poor communication thing.

Joel Maturi

Doogie, have you passed this news along to PA? If so, what was his reaction?

He said/she said. Both sides are probably stretching the truth, what really happened is somewhere in the middle.

You can't be serious. I have no idea what happened in this situation but P.A.'s show is practically based on blowing things out of proportion....just like most everything in talk radio. You can't really have a controversial show that gets ratings if everyone is getting along.

his show is not based on controversy.......his show is based on trying to funny and hip

that ghetto talk language or whatever you want to call it.......what up, eyebrows guy, .....and calling players hercy parvin

i mean what an idiot

Doogie, you aren't on the KFAN payroll anymore...no need to walk the company line.

Doogie, have you passed this news along to PA? If so, what was his reaction?

I have not, but KFAN is aware of it...should see PA tomorrow at Vikings practice...he wasn't there today, so expect to see him tomorrow.

Doogie, you aren't on the KFAN payroll anymore...no need to walk the company line.

Technically, I am for a bit longer, but I noted that in previous posts I have ZERO allegiance to KFAN...I just want the facts presented, so did correct some when false information was passed along.

Technically, I am for a bit longer, but I noted that in previous posts I have ZERO allegiance to KFAN...I just want the facts presented, so did correct some when false information was passed along.

so when exactly does that severance package from KFAN run out/expire?!

hopefully soon so we can all hear what you REALLY think about KFAN and its management! ;)

FWIW, both Brewster and KSJN (99.5 FM in the Twin Cities) have agreed not to have any Gopher interviews. It's a mutual ban.

KFAN Tweet just a minute ago says,

"KFANAM1130: Brewster and the U of M change their mind after hearing from you. Players and assistant coaches at the U can be made available after all."

Maturi says miscommunication, KFAN says "changes their mind". Somebody is a liar in this equation.

Yep. Has that ring to it.

breaking news folks: our fair posters khaliq & anonymous = two pee-on interns over at KFAN. so how do PA & Burrito Barrerio take their coffee guys?! do they also make you give them deep shoulder & back massages as well as foot rubs while they are sitting in their chair doing the show?

idiots.....:rolleyes:

Hey Doogie.....you ever talk to Chad? Whats he doing now days? And who does the voices for Lefkowitz and Gerbschmidt?

KFAN Tweet just a minute ago says,

"KFANAM1130: Brewster and the U of M change their mind after hearing from you. Players and assistant coaches at the U can be made available after all."

Maturi says miscommunication, KFAN says "changes their mind".

Somebody is a liar in this equation.

first part: what a bunch of b.s. on the tweet they sent out. please! way to spin your mis-step and over-reaction even more KFAN........

second part: i am calling KFAN as the "liar" in the equation.

what a joke :rolleyes:

breaking news folks: our fair posters khaliq & anonymous = two pee-on interns over at KFAN. so how do PA & Burrito Barrerio take their coffee guys?! do they also make you give them deep shoulder & back massages as well as foot rubs while they are sitting in their chair doing the show?

idiots.....:rolleyes:
Such an innocuous comment really shouldn't generate a response like this.

Such an innocuous comment really shouldn't generate a response like this.

khaliq my boy - it really would be a lot better if you could just get back to posting your thoughts on gay football players in the big ten, etc......i mean that was far more thought provoking and interesting stuff :rolleyes:

khaliq my boy - it really would be a lot better if you could just get back to posting your thoughts on gay football players in the big ten, etc......i mean that was far more thought provoking and interesting stuff :rolleyes:
The acceptance of gays in society is an important social issue. This clearly isn't the forum for it considering people don't seem to be interested in having actual discussion.

Look how quickly you resort to name calling and personal insults that are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. That says a heck of a lot more about you and your convictions than it does me.

Top Bottom