Louisiana vs. Minnesota

That’s funny…these are the two restaurants we have reservations for. I was planning on get the burger at the Butcher’s Tale!
Yes, I noticed that you mentioned those two in an earlier post in this thread. Manny's is often referred to as the best steakhouse in Minnesota. Old school, but good. Murray's is another old school steakhouse that ages their own meat. Neither is cheap. Both are excellent.

That’s funny…these are the two restaurants we have reservations for. I was planning on get the burger at the Butcher’s Tale!
Don’t waste a night at Manny’s on a burger. It’s a steak house.

Yes, I noticed that you mentioned those two in an earlier post in this thread. Manny's is often referred to as the best steakhouse in Minnesota. Old school, but good. Murray's is another old school steakhouse that ages their own meat. Neither is cheap. Both are excellent.
I'm a fan of Murray's, myself. Besides the great food, there's a mystique to the place that's hard to beat.

You’re going to love mannys, been since before Covid for me but actually going this Friday night. As others have said pretty cool small brewery scene in mpls.
Ruh's Chris Steakhouse (10th St & 2nd Ave) is my personal favorite.

I like Big Buds, and I cannot lie...

Sorry, I could not help myself. :)
🤔
marijuana-454601963-resized-569fd2345f9b58eba4ad583d.jpg

I hope you all have a good time and win or loss, we only ask 1 thing of our guests. Please join in on the We Hate Iowa chant. It's really important for us, and the world in general, if we can come together and hate Iowa.

A couple of tips:
(1) I have been away from Mpls for awhile but was back this summer and really enjoyed the local brewery scene;
(2) Don't worry about the crime, it's just new for Minnesotans. Just use the same rules as you would in NoLa, don't want into alleys by yourself, etc.;
(3) Kind of a hot take here, but don't go out of your way to get a Juicy Lucy. I mean, they're good but it's really just the cheese inside of the burger, so it's about as revolutionary as if you put the cheese on the bottom of the burger. It's just a cheese burger.
(4) I wouldn't spend a second at the Mall of America. It's the same sh!t you all have, but instead of 1 Old Navy, there are 6 of them;
(5) Even though we hate Iowa, it's also recommended to hate Wisconsin. We don't have a cheer about that one because it kind of goes without saying, of course we we hate Wisconsin and you should too;
(6) For out of towners, I think the North Loop is probably the best place for night life. Lots of things within walking distance, safe, and I assume you're not 23, so it's also age diverse.

Have fun!
#3 and #4 are spot on lol.

If you like art and museums, check out the free, open-air museum in Darwin, MN.

If you're a party animal, get a rental car and drive up to Red Lake MN, where they're always having a good time.

If you're interested in the development of French culture in the northern US, visit the beautiful city of Lac Qui Parle, MN. Its museums and restaurants will enthrall you.

Or if you enjoy a fair, get an Uber and tell the driver to take you to the Kandyohi County fairgrounds. You'll find lots to entertain you there.

MOA is good if you want to entertain your wife or kids or if it's -10F outside. But otherwise, yeah, it's just a big mall.

Also agree that juicy lucys are way overrated. Also a good way to melt your tongue.
Molten Cheese burns.

Game Preview:

I forgot the link to another old school steakhouse.

https://murraysrestaurant.com/

It's been around much longer than the other two mentioned in this thread. Like Manny's, they age their own beef inhouse.

Game Preview:

giphy.gif

I was hoping for an easy victory, but after last week, I'll take any win.

If you're a party animal, get a rental car and drive up to Red Lake MN, where they're always having a good time.

If you're interested in the development of French culture in the northern US, visit the beautiful city of Lac Qui Parle, MN. Its museums and restaurants will enthrall you.

Or if you enjoy a fair, get an Uber and tell the driver to take you to the Kandyohi County fairgrounds. You'll find lots to entertain you there.
Now, now …

Greetings, Gopher Nation! I come in peace but have a few questions for the Minnesota faithful. My wife and I recently purchased tickets to the Louisiana vs. Minnesota football game and we couldn’t be more excited!

I have dinner reservations at both Manny’s and the Butcher’s Tale, as both look fire. We are only in town for a couple days and outside of the football game, what are some spots we should hit up? Secondly, being kickoff is at 11:00, will there be a good tailgate scene?

Anyway, looking forward to passing a good time in Minneapolis!

Geaux Cajuns!
Buds, I hope you had a good time on your trip to Minnesota. Despite some earlier teasing, I'd love to hear about it.

Why be such a dick?

Buds, I hope you had a good time on your trip to Minnesota. Despite some earlier teasing, I'd love to hear about it.
The wife and I had a fantastic experience this weekend! We absolutely fell in love with Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota! Manny’s and Butcher’s Tale were top notch and breakfast Saturday at Stub & Urbs was awesome! The Gopher faithful couldn’t be more respectful and we look to make a trip back soon enough.

As for the game, things didn’t go as expected but this was Zeon’s second start ever and he made some poor decisions in the second half the really hurt us. I thought the officiating was a bit one sided on some of those PI calls but that’s expected vs. a P5. With that said, we still played sloppy. The Minnesota OL just dominated when it mattered and hats off to that crew. The game was there for the taking but we just couldn’t close it out. The better team won yesterday.

Best of luck next week against Michigan and go win the West! M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A….MINNESOTA…MINNESOTA…Geauxxxxxxxxxx Gophers! Rah!

Top Bottom