lost respect for Henderson

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I lost a lot of respect for Henderson. I keep hearing folks say what a quality person he was. He should have been upfront with the Gophers. I think he was just going to keep taking all the perks the Gophers would throw at him as long as the process lasted. I feel he knew long ago that the Gophers were not in the running.

If he was a true quality person he would have quit taking advantage of the situation and told the truth. Some will say something like, "Wouldn't you take all the perks if you had a chance." Maybe at first but I wouldn't have continued the lie like Henderson.

Maybe, just maybe

Kirk Ferentz is not only a very good coach, but also a good judge of character and didn't want to get caught up in the charade. Thus, he cancelled his scheduled in-home visit in last days of the recruiting period. Smart move, Kirk!!

Go Gophers!!

Had he been upfront with everybody he would have been ripped too, only a lot sooner.

Henderson Didn't Choose USC for the Education....

he chose them for the money! That's what this was all about. Everyone knows that nobody goes to USC for the classroom education. For the Henderson Family this was all about getting Seantrel NFL ready to he could rake in the bucks for them in the next (X) number of years in the professional ranks.

On the Notre Dame fan sight, quite a number of fans are posting that they're glad he spurned them also rather than have him in the locker room as a disruption due to all of the hype that was the sideshow surrounding his recruitment.

I hope the Gophers can contend for a Big Ten title during his time at USC.

I lost a lot of respect for Henderson. I keep hearing folks say what a quality person he was. He should have been upfront with the Gophers. I think he was just going to keep taking all the perks the Gophers would throw at him as long as the process lasted. I feel he knew long ago that the Gophers were not in the running.

If he was a true quality person he would have quit taking advantage of the situation and told the truth. Some will say something like, "Wouldn't you take all the perks if you had a chance." Maybe at first but I wouldn't have continued the lie like Henderson.

You are a sick, sick person for this post. I cannot believe you would attack an 18-year-old kid for not signing with your beloved Gophers. Seantrel is a GREAT kid and you are a low-life.

Heck ya!

I'm sure he'll cry his eyes out, when he starts caring what you think.

He doesn't need to cry his eyes out. He needs to study his eyes out so he can meet the paltry requirements to even get into college. Grown men infatuated with boys who play football. What a joke.

who really cares about SH now, he dint wanna ge a gopher can you really blame him? Maybe if we would have had a better season we could of landed him. I dont know why people are so upset now that he went to USC. People need to get over it and move on. Look at the future players we DO have

Are we gonna boo him when he comes to TCF? I'm there- MBA guy- you in??

Are we gonna boo him when he comes to TCF? I'm there- MBA guy- you in??

Ha! As usual, I'll be booing and relentlessly mocking anything and everything representing the other team. So, yeah, I guess I'll end up booing him as well.

Seemed pretty clear to me and anyone with half a brain the Gophers weren't in the running for weeks. To the point where any site you could find that was halfway legit didn't even list them as an option. Don't blame him because you're delusional.

What if....

Decker doesn't get hurt, or weber doesn't collapse or the offense became so pathetic, or if we had anything resembling a offense against iowa and we don't drop passes or slip on passes in the bowl game we might be talking about a team with 2-4 more wins, and everything might be different, this starts and ends with Mr. Brewster. I wish him luck, but the time is NOW to make this work.

"Seemed pretty clear to me and anyone with half a brain"

If a guy with half a brain like Demi thinks we should drop it, it seems like a pretty good idea.

Ha! As usual, I'll be booing and relentlessly mocking anything and everything representing the other team. So, yeah, I guess I'll end up booing him as well.

Another Section 105'er is in. As long as MBA Guy is supplying some Scotch or Bourbon.

Actually, USC is a pretty solid academic institution so a lot of people do go there to get a quality education.

I wish Seantrel all the luck in the world. I wish he had gone to the U of MN, but this isn't like the old days when every top in-state kid dreamed of playing for the Maroon and Gold.

Had he been upfront with everybody he would have been ripped too, only a lot sooner.

Exactly! There is no winning when you decide to chose a school outside of your hometown school. He would have been ripped for months had he decided earlier. People are tearing his Dad apart, and him - when the truth is, he picked another school. He picked another school with more football success, better gameday atmosphere, better climate, and yes - better academics. They are ranked #26 , only accept 21% of their students, the U accepts 52% of their applicants, and is ranked #61. Not that that may of played into his decision greatly - but call this what it is...an in-state recruit that Gopher fans are bitter about losing...you can try to find more and more flaws - but there's really no need tear him apart. He never led the U on, nor any school. A month ago you were all commending him for being so mature, and not stating preferences. I remember last year a lot of you said same things about Bryce McNeal, and how the U was never even an option. As someone who spoke to him very frequently, it most certainly was...up until the end.

I wish we would have gotten him - and the coaches did everything in their power to get him, and it didn't work. But don't act like he's throwing his life away (seen in many threads) for attending USC. It's a good school.

I don't get the anger at Seantrel. He seems like a great kid. I do understand the DISGUST with Sean Henderson. He's a big time POS. I'm just glad that this is (almost) over and his 15 minutes are almost up.

"better gameday atmosphere"

could possibly rival the Dome. Been there, its a joke.

Decker doesn't get hurt, or weber doesn't collapse or the offense became so pathetic, or if we had anything resembling a offense against iowa and we don't drop passes or slip on passes in the bowl game we might be talking about a team with 2-4 more wins, and everything might be different, this starts and ends with Mr. Brewster. I wish him luck, but the time is NOW to make this work.

Blatant ignorance.

Exactly! There is no winning when you decide to chose a school outside of your hometown school. He would have been ripped for months had he decided earlier. People are tearing his Dad apart, and him - when the truth is, he picked another school. He picked another school with more football success, better gameday atmosphere, better climate, and yes - better academics. They are ranked #26 , only accept 21% of their students, the U accepts 52% of their applicants, and is ranked #61. Not that that may of played into his decision greatly - but call this what it is...an in-state recruit that Gopher fans are bitter about losing...you can try to find more and more flaws - but there's really no need tear him apart. He never led the U on, nor any school. A month ago you were all commending him for being so mature, and not stating preferences. I remember last year a lot of you said same things about Bryce McNeal, and how the U was never even an option. As someone who spoke to him very frequently, it most certainly was...up until the end.

I wish we would have gotten him - and the coaches did everything in their power to get him, and it didn't work. But don't act like he's throwing his life away (seen in many threads) for attending USC. It's a good school.

You're going to lose some your well-deserved credibility if you go the wall for SH the Dad. He reeks of gold digger and charlatan. As someone else said on this board, Kirk Ferentz had the good sense to get out of their game.

Zero respect for Sean Henderson, he is an absentee father come lately who is trying to ride his son to big money. Sean Henderson was running things and Seantrel was going where ever Sean said. With that said I don't blame Seantrel too much. My only problem is that at the Basketball game a few weeks ago, Seantrel could have told Brew he was not interested and Brew could have not wasted his time and money on the Sunday Night hoopla, Seantrel definitively knew before Sunday night he was going to USC.

I would not give to much credit to his dad for SH's college choice

The kid's is now an adult, a young adult, but he made the choice that was best for him after evaluating everything. No doubt we Gopher fan's are disappointed that he spurned our program and will not play for the team we care about.That said it's his college and his future so if he thinks USC will best prepare him for the NFL then you have to give it to him, that he likely made the best choice that will benefit him. I have not heard the kid, Seantrel, bad mouth the Gophers, rip the coaches or say anything bad about Tim Brewster. I do not believe that he strung our coaches along because he could have not even bothered with Sunday even if it could have been a little bit for appearance sake. Most would not have even bothered.

The dad on the other hand had an agenda, and made it be known he had an agenda and wanted out of Minnesota, in a bad way enough to ride his kid about how great USC is that he dogged out tOSU head coach to the media which was rather unecessary. He has dogged the Gophers to the media especially the national media, called us fighting an uphill battle, not worthy of being on the list, and a small nothing stage, not worthy of my kid, to the media so anything that is tossed his way is just fine, the dad has earned a little bit of our dislike. Like I said good luck with the music career he will need it in LA, they all go to be famous, few do. Hollywood, easy street, were all just haters now.

y-so-srs.jpg

Exactly! There is no winning when you decide to chose a school outside of your hometown school. He would have been ripped for months had he decided earlier. People are tearing his Dad apart, and him - when the truth is, he picked another school. ...

Oh yeah, there IS a lot of bitterness going on.

USC is a great school and a very good choice and I feel safe in saying that I haven't ripped him for the choice. One point however GopherLady, the problem seems to be that after reading the NYTimes story, where, in Sean's own words, it would be very easy to come to the conclusion that Minnesota fans were being strung on all along people aren't happy about it.

Hey, it was a good con, he got everybody (maybe even you) and if you look at it that way it's kind of amusing. People cheer for the big con all the time in the movies.

On the other hand...

The kids who went to Notre Dame, Iowa, Wisconsin etc, the last few years who said they were doing that upfront weren't constantly attacked for it. Far from it. While there were the here and there snide remarks they didn't amount to an "attack" of any source. Kids like Ashley, Mobley and now Henderson who show-ed up on the sidelines at games, wore the shirts and then went somewhere else they got attacked. Silly maybe, but even a kid should realize that if you con people, even adults, they might not like it.

The other? I haven't looked myself, but a poster on the Rivals site said that many people are going after the behavior as represented by the NY Times story; and a whole lot of them aren't fans of schools that were "in the hunt" for Henderson.

I'M TIRED, aren't we done with this story yet?

You're going to lose some your well-deserved credibility if you go the wall for SH the Dad. He reeks of gold digger and charlatan. As someone else said on this board, Kirk Ferentz had the good sense to get out of their game.

That's fine, I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt. I don't personally know their family situation - nor do probably 99% on the board. Up until a month ago, no one had really said anything. I don't know his involvement in SH's life - do you? Are you a family friend? Until I know that, I would never be calling someone a deadbeat Dad and a lot worse - those are horrible accusations.

On top of that, SH is NOT his Dad. Not should he be judge on that. He's a 17 or 18 year old kid. He's never been disrespectful to me, nor have I ever heard of him getting in trouble. I have heard he's stuggling academically - which I'd say 50% of recruits struggle with at some point. That's not him being a bad kid...that's probably a lack of effort and/or actual problems with school. There was another recruit last year who's Dad's credibility was question, and had issues in his past - yet, I got to know the kid, and he is one of the best kids I've ever met.

I'm not claiming to know them well - I do know Seantrel's Mom - used to call on her for work, and she could not be a nicer lady. Other than that, I'm just saying I'm not going to rip the kid apart for stuff his Dad may or may not be. It sounds bitter and immature.

Hey, it was a good con, he got everybody (maybe even you) and if you look at it that way it's kind of amusing. People cheer for the big con all the time in the movies.

I'M TIRED, aren't we done with this story yet?

Not quite - not for one second did I think he would commit to the U. I voiced that many times on this board, all of my Facebook friends saw it all the time, and the daily texts I got asking about him also were delivered that consistent message. Maybe that's why I wasn't surprised or as upset as most, those were not my expectations.

We do agree on one thing! I've said my peace - I felt the need to defend SH, and now I'm done with it (until someone really ticks me off and I just have to post, lol!)

Top Bottom