Looks like we are going bowling

Man, after 21 and 6 point dogs pulled off their upsets, Appalachian State, 18 point favorite, teased the crap out of us. Up 14 at the half (should have been up by 28), they had to come from behind in the last two minutes to win....

Sad part, I was glued to the game...

Good Luck in your bowl Gophs!

If you weren't depressed already after that horrific loss to sconnie, we're now cheering on App State to
beat South Alabama so we can go to a detroit bowl at 5-7.

Oy...

per Joe:

The Gophers should know their destination by midafternoon Sunday, after the College Football Playoff bracket gets announced at 11:30 a.m., and the other “New Year’s Six” bowls are announced at 2 p.m.

The Gophers’ destination is uncertain. They’ve been projected to land in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit (Dec. 28) or the Pinstripe Bowl in New York (Dec. 26). Both bowls have Big Ten and ACC tie-ins, so potential opponents include Duke, Pittsburgh, North Carolina State and Miami, though the ACC might not have enough eligible teams to fill the Quick Lane Bowl.

Only eight Big Ten teams qualified for bowls with six victories this year, and the conference has 10 bowl tie-ins, which doesn’t even count the New Year’s Six bowls — Orange, Cotton, Rose, Peach, Fiesta and Sugar.

Other lower-tier Big Ten bowl options for the Gophers include the Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, Calif., (Dec. 26 vs. a Pac-12 team) and the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas (Dec. 29 vs. a Mountain West team).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-will-get-bowl-invitation-today/360698731/

Go Gophers!!

Detroit would probably mean playing a MAC team, so I am hoping for a date with Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl. Pinstripe seems set on Duke vs. Indiana.

Detroit would probably mean playing a MAC team, so I am hoping for a date with Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl. Pinstripe seems set on Duke vs. Indiana.

I think we would get demolished vs Air Force. Although if we lose to a MAC team it would be awful.

My only goal for the team is a bowl win, so I hope we get the weakest possible opponent.

If you weren't depressed already after that horrific loss to sconnie, we're now cheering on App State to
beat South Alabama so we can go to a detroit bowl at 5-7.

Oy...

Well, at least we still had something to hope for unlike Rutgers, Maryland, and Purdue

My only goal for the team is a bowl win, so I hope we get the weakest possible opponent.

That's the spirit! I feel the same way, so I don't like those projections of us facing Pitt.

And if the Gophers lose to Central Mich, that would not be a good for optimism about the future. Better to play P5 opponent and be competitive, win or lose.

Top Bottom