Looks like we are going bowling

I think when you're 5-7 and you beat your two gimmes on the schedule by a combined six points, you should worry about whomever you're playing.

I don't think you should ever "worry" about who you are playing. But if you want to worry, go ahead. After all, NC State did beat: Troy, Eastern Kentucky, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Wake Forest, Boston College, and Syracuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of us still have nightmares of Phillip Rivers and Koren Robinson.....lol

Just a thought - I wonder if there are players on mediocre to average teams like ours who have had enough football this time of year and would prefer not to have another month of practice. With the season being such a disappointment would they rather have more time for finals and just get on with their lives?

I have no idea if there guys like that on this team. But if there are hopefully they move on with their lives at another college.

A real possibility is the Foster Farms Bowl, played literally 10 minutes from the San Jose State campus, and I still think they would opt for Minnesota.

Announced attendance for SJSU this season:

I'm assuming Nebraska, Minnesota, and possibly Illinois will just fill the Foster Farms, Pinstripe and/or Quick Lane Bowls, but I haven't seen an explanation on whether B1G-affiliated bowls would be allowed to pick an at-large 6-6 rather than a 5-7 team granted an NCAA waiver.

If you look at the procedure for selecting bowl games it specifies "bowl eligible teams", not 6-6 or above. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...c_non_event/Bowl_Determination_Procedures.pdf

Therefore they would not be able to select an at large pick as the Huskers and Gophers (and maybe Illini) would be "bowl eligible".

I don't think you should ever "worry" about who you are playing. But if you want to worry, go ahead. After all, NC State did beat: Troy, Eastern Kentucky, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Wake Forest, Boston College, and Syracuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least NC State won enough games to be deserving of a bowl invite.

Anybody know Texas' APR? Look like they may be getting to 5-7 today...

Texas is well down the list. The Longhorns will not be going bowling.

I thought it wasn't clear whether they really are strictly excluding by APR. Going by the OP's numbers, a bowl committee would not take Rice over Texas if they are trying to make money. Only if the APR is a non-negotiable qualifier.

I believe that APR is non negotiable, the question is, will the NCAA make the eligible pool slightly larger then available slots?, to give some flexability. I could see eight teams for five slots but not reaching down just to get a helment school in the pool. Just enough room to bypass a Group of Five school for a Power Five school.

I believe that APR is non negotiable, the question is, will the NCAA make the eligible pool slightly larger then available slots?, to give some flexability. I could see eight teams for five slots but not reaching down just to get a helment school in the pool. Just enough room to bypass a Group of Five school for a Power Five school.

I could definitely see that. A group of five school could complain , but at 5-7 you really have no grounds to. Margins are going to be slim on these low tier bowls with disappointed fan bases on top of it, so if the NCAA is tied to the bowl money machine, they should give them some leeway to try to break even. Otherwise they should "man up" and tell the bowls to cancel.

Georgia State got the upset over Georgia Southern. That's one less spot.

Ok now I am nervous for App State v South Alabama game tonight.

Ok now I am nervous for App State v South Alabama game tonight.

I don't think it matters a ton, although there are still some unknowns. There are 5 bowl spots left, but only 3 teams could get eligible today. So no matter what, there's 2 spots for 5 win teams. If KSU wins, we're theoretically 2nd in the APR pecking order since Missouri dropped out. If KSU loses we're 3rd, but then there's 3 spots for 5 win teams. So unless a bowl picks San Jose St (tied with us in APR) or the NCAA allows lower APR teams to be picked from a pool (as mentioned a couple posts above this), we're golden ponyboy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gophers are in - no bowl will opt for San Jose State over a Big Ten team. Plus the B1G has bowl slots to spare. Illinois got bounced by Georgia State, and SJSU will stay home if South Alabama wins.

I'm going regardless of destination. New Gopher fan coming into the family in February so need to travel while I can.

Kansas State beats West Virginia for their sixth win, though they were getting a bowl bid regardless. So there will end up being three 5-7 bowl teams, unless South Alabama knocks off App State.

Looking good so far. App State is up 21-7

Ehhh...there's no lock that Minnesota's over SJS. They might want a better match up.

looks like both us and San Jose State are going bowling with App State scoring a go ahead TD with 1:16 to play

Top Bottom