Logan Fife, qb, commits to the Gophers

He'll make a nice backup.

Only completed 57% of his passes, but has experience.

I believe he has 2 years.

He's a backup at a G5 school who has seen limited action. As I posted in another thread, underwhelming pick. Stats are OK. More INTs than TDs.

He's a backup at a G5 school who has seen limited action. As I posted in another thread, underwhelming pick. Stats are OK. More INTs than TDs.
Went 11/12 vs USC last year. More of a runner. Good depth pickup as a backup. His underwhelming completion percentage still 4 % better than Kaliakmanis. Maybe a QB we can bring in for special situations that call for runs.

You say this now, but you wouldn't be saying it next year when our starting QB gets hurt and we're forced to pay Max Shikenjanski $300K in extortion NIL funds to suit up against Purdue.

Going to be slim pickings when a starter has already been named/anointed unless, say a mythical $30K sloshing around in someone’s back pocket had been dangled to a more accomplished or pedigreed player.

What’s the going rate for a backup or third stringer these days.

You say this now, but you wouldn't be saying it next year when our starting QB gets hurt and we're forced to pay Max Shikenjanski $300K in extortion NIL funds to suit up against Purdue.
I'd suit up for 250k. Can't throw or run, but I'd have fun.

I’m good with this, it was a hard spot to sell, they needed an experienced QB2 and he fits the bill. He also backed up a couple of pretty good QBs at Fresno St, he’s not without some talent. He also buys some time to develop Lindsay.

I like it. Surely this scenario will arise at some point. Shake the tree, boys.

We need to get who we can get. We are not Nebraska. (Cautious sarcasm)

I hope he gets on campus blows up and ends up starting next year. Hell, I love a running quarterback, maybe split time with our FCS stud.

One of the better G5 schools. Backed up an NFL qb, and Keene is no slouch. Seems very possible he’d be an upgrade from our number 2 option this year, likely treading water at worse.

Going to be slim pickings when a starter has already been named/anointed unless, say a mythical $30K sloshing around in someone’s back pocket had been dangled to a more accomplished or pedigreed player.

What’s the going rate for a backup or third stringer these days.
Truly, what is the possible motivation of a player like this to come here?

You know you aren't playing, unless the starter gets hurt. Don't you want to play?

It's one thing to be a backup in the NFL and get paid to do it. That makes sense. College ... don't you just want to play? Isn't that the point? Why would any college player just want to be on a team to just put a uniform on and say you were on the roster?

That's why, it all worked back when things were sane. You know, like five years ago. Young guys were the depth. They knew their time was coming. Just had to bide their time, learn from the older guys.

That's how it should be. But that's not how it works anymore ...

Truly, what is the possible motivation of a player like this to come here?

You know you aren't playing, unless the starter gets hurt. Don't you want to play?

It's one thing to be a backup in the NFL and get paid to do it. That makes sense. College ... don't you just want to play? Isn't that the point? Why would any college player just want to be on a team to just put a uniform on and say you were on the roster?

That's why, it all worked back when things were sane. You know, like five years ago. Young guys were the depth. They knew their time was coming. Just had to bide their time, learn from the older guys.

That's how it should be. But that's not how it works anymore ...
Maybe I’m just daft, but maybe the kid is coming here to be on a BIG10 football team and get a degree:

IMG_5436.jpeg

Top Bottom