Logan Fife de-commits

Would still like to see another QB. Don't we just have Brosmer, Lindsey, and Shik?
Yes another QB add is important. I’d take a LB and DL as well. Otherwise it looks like more just adding talent across the board rather than plugging glaring holes, assuming the current transfers stick.

Would still like to see another QB. Don't we just have Brosmer, Lindsey, and Shik?
Yeah, we need another QB.

We should be an attractive spot for someone who isn't afraid to compete. The staff isn't going to be (or shouldn't be) blindly loyal to Brosmer and he is still about of a mystery. Lindsey is only a FR.

I am looking forward to some Shikensanity if Brosmer gets injured next season.

I am looking forward to some Shikensanity if Brosmer gets injured next season.
With the number of QBs languishing in the portal I am sure they can pick up a backup option after spring ball if needed.

Absolutely positively can NOT go into next season with only currently rostered QBs.
That'd be criminally negligent.

I'd also like to see a legit LBer or three, but at MIMIMUM a QB capable of B1G play is mandatory.

With the number of QBs languishing in the portal I am sure they can pick up a backup option after spring ball if needed.
Are there a lot? Any names you know of to watch?

Are there a lot? Any names you know of to watch?
I don't follow any of it close enough to know who if anyone we are recruiting at the QB position. But I know there are lots of QBs in the portal so would think that if the coaches are motivated to go find one they will be able to, but maybe not till after spring ball wraps up and guys realize they are not going to get the starting offer they are currently after.

Yeah, we need another QB.

We should be an attractive spot for someone who isn't afraid to compete. The staff isn't going to be (or shouldn't be) blindly loyal to Brosmer and he is still about of a mystery. Lindsey is only a FR.
And my understanding is Brosmer has one year left: so even if you lose to Brosmer should be wide open in fall 2025 between rostered and portal.

On Fife - was listening to the new "Pair and a Spare" podcast. Ryan Burns said that Fife attended some Bowl practices and was at the Bowl game. Burns said that triggered his status as a student-athlete at the U of MN. but because of the recent court case that allows unlimited transfers, Fife was able to back out of his commitment and re-enter the portal.

He said Gophers definitely want to add a QB, but may not be until the next portal window opens.

I never wanted Fife.
I want Aaaaaandeeee!

On Fife - was listening to the new "Pair and a Spare" podcast. Ryan Burns said that Fife attended some Bowl practices and was at the Bowl game. Burns said that triggered his status as a student-athlete at the U of MN. but because of the recent court case that allows unlimited transfers, Fife was able to back out of his commitment and re-enter the portal.

He said Gophers definitely want to add a QB, but may not be until the next portal window opens.
Hopefully, the court will have this worked out by summer. I hope the multiple free transfers get quashed, but I’m not hopeful. NIL and multiple free transfers is not a good thing, IMHO.

We definitely need someone else. How often have we went through a whole season without an injury or even a brief break in a game? Would hate for Lindsey to burn a redshirt in garbage time or forced into action too early.

We definitely need someone else. How often have we went through a whole season without an injury or even a brief break in a game? Would hate for Lindsey to burn a redshirt in garbage time or forced into action too early.
I can see why he backed out, if he's not named QB1 after Spring Ball, he'll never play. It takes just about death for PJ to decide to put a backup in.

I don't disagree that we need someone else but the 4 game rule was put in to keep a guy from having to burn his redshirt when forced into limited duty. Gives them the ability to play some and still maintain the year from an eligibility standpoint.

For sure, he can get limited action, but if there is an injury to Max, then may need Lindsey for extended time.

For sure, he can get limited action, but if there is an injury to Max, then may need Lindsey for extended time.
In this day and age of transfers and NIL I would not worry so much about redshirting Lindsey. Guys like Tanner Morgan staying at the same school for 5 or 6 years are pretty rare, I think.

If he's good enough to play, let him play. That said, most true freshman QBs are not ready to play, so we really should get a transfer.

Last edited:

I’m kinda surprised that they haven’t even brought in a PWO QB.

'Pair and a Spare'....what's that, something out of Mayberry?

Top Bottom