Kris K in the portal

In the era of the “portal at will” and NIL, you have to give all your recruits a few mins here and there. You pretty much have to recruit all season long now. Hard to say what Keinys potential is when he never got on the court, even in blowouts. I think he got in 2-3 non conference games.

Ben has yet to adapt, whether in game strategy or player usage.

In the era of the “portal at will” and NIL, you have to give all your recruits a few mins here and there. You pretty much have to recruit all season long now. Hard to say what Keinys potential is when he never got on the court, even in blowouts. I think he got in 2-3 non conference games.

there is no US nil for international students on f-1 visas

This is correct. You have the worst non-conference schedule in the country and you can only find 21 minutes for the kid and 57 minutes for Betts all year? Those kids should have been playing 10 minutes a game in the non-conference and also some minutes in Big Ten games that were blow outs.

This is correct. You have the worst non-conference schedule in the country and you can only find 21 minutes for the kid and 57 minutes for Betts all year? Those kids should have been playing 10 minutes a game in the non-conference and also some minutes in Big Ten games that were blow outs.
Don't disagree but the end result is probably the same in terms of the guys transferring out who have to this point.

And Ben actually commented in a Fuller article on how his guys looked worn down towards the end. If they weren’t burned out physically, they were mentally. He lost this team.

If we don’t have the NIL to offer, then provide some PT.

It is time for a change to someone that can adapt.

Gotta disagree. Once you let the players run the team, you’ve lost it. You’ll limit your team’s potential. Call it a cheap way to chase out someone that did have the proper makeup.

Agree there has to be accountability. En was missed the reward system entirely.

Damnit. Should have figured after seeing his latest endorsement.....

Cl1uo3Z.jpeg

The Gophers program should maybe give up overseas recruiting. Who's been our best foreign player? Oseniks?

i seem to remember a roster spot filled by dennis evans. perhaps we should wait to see who actually enrolls

My point was and is, as of now, they have signed letters of intent and there is zero evidence to my knowledge they are looking at leaving, ergo they are counted as being on the roster.

I’ve never understood what is gained by assuming the worst from a situation, as all thst can be gained prematurely is stress.
If that’s how you want to roll, then don’t let me stop you.

Last edited:

"Can't keep more than 8 guys happy."

"Can't keep more than 8 guys happy."
If that is the philosophy you had better gain the confidence and faith of those 8. The players have to believe that the coach they are playing for is capable of bringing them to the highest level they can achieve.

IF the rumors are true that all the locals (other than Dawson) were malcontents, could it also be that some of their hometown mentors were whispering in their ears that Ben doesn't know what he is doing? Once that seed is in there and there is no track record to prove otherwise.... The fact that the 3 are home town boys, well that is something to consider.

Seriously.....where does he think he's going to go????? I don't remember any other offers.....this season certainly isn't going to attract any offers. Does he have to portal to go home?

My point was and is, as of now, they have signed letters of intent and there is zero evidence to my knowledge they are looking at leaving, ergo they are counted as being on the roster.

I’ve never understood what is gained by assuming the worst from a situation, as all thst can be gained prematurely is stress.
If that’s how you want to roll, then don’t let me stop you.
no stress. i assume the gopher mens bball team will suck. if they don't that's all upside. stuff going on now is entertainment

7 seems like a lot to try and bring in and create a team. with CBJ the gophers might end up with a few jack wilson types

the flip side, if you're thinking about bringing in a new coach now might be a good time since there's already a lot of roster turnover - and the buyout goes down April 1

Seriously.....where does he think he's going to go????? I don't remember any other offers.....this season certainly isn't going to attract any offers. Does he have to portal to go home?
So you are saying that he was a recruit we got that is so bad that he can't pick up a scholarship at one of 360 + programs?

Top Bottom