Just know you get babysat by the officials to no end

The announcers were against us as well. It did feel like 11 against 20… or I guess 21 if you include the sideline announcer.

I'll be curious to learn more about these this week.
I was honestly 100% ok with them picking up the penalty flag on the 4th down run when Morgan slid. But if the rule is going to be interpreted like it was on 3rd down, then that defender hit Morgan a full second and 2 yards after the slide started. You can't have it both ways.

A gopher player was running on the field in the first half and didn’t see the side judge running up the sideline and knocked him down, total accident yet we got a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty .

A gopher player was running on the field in the first half and didn’t see the side judge running up the sideline and knocked him down, total accident yet we got a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty .
The spirit of the rule is to prevent players from getting up in a ref's grill over something and initiating contact. Not for punishing players that accidentally run into an official in what amounts to a totally benign, unintentional collision. Technically, they were both at fault, each focused on where they needed to be next. Neither one was watching where they were going. What a thin-skinned Karen for throwing that flag.

The spirit of the rule is to prevent players from getting up in a ref's grill over something and initiating contact. Not for punishing players that accidentally run into an official in what amounts to a totally benign, unintentional collision. Technically, they were both at fault, each focused on where they needed to be next. Neither one was watching where they were going. What a thin-skinned Karen for throwing that flag.
DId you notice - was it the ref that got hit or a different ref that threw the flag?

DId you notice - was it the ref that got hit or a different ref that threw the flag?
I think it was that ref but I'm not 100% sure. I tried watching it back to notice and I didn't see a flag come out until really late, so my deduction was that the guy stood up and threw the flag. I could certainly be wrong though.

That said, even if someone else threw it, they huddled up before and the ref who did get hit was in the huddle.

The second thing you listed is multiple blatant holding calls. Congrats.. you’re the first fan to ever think the other team holds.

just wait.. Minnesota is going to tackle a Purdue receiver way worse than that PI and the officials are gonna stare at it and stand there.

You guys need 1987 Notre dame home refereeing on the road to beat US lmao
You are a one-man wrecking crew!

Boiler DOWN

The second thing you listed is multiple blatant holding calls. Congrats.. you’re the first fan to ever think the other team holds.

just wait.. Minnesota is going to tackle a Purdue receiver way worse than that PI and the officials are gonna stare at it and stand there.

You guys need 1987 Notre dame home refereeing on the road to beat US lmao
Purdue fan self declares his team is not very good...

Your receiver didn’t get the TD.. blatant PI on bell last drive and now we gotta make sure more tanner and fleckster don’t get the same treatment we get..

don’t you feel like a b? I’d feel like one lol
Hi Brohm. You suck. We won. End of story.

Your receiver didn’t get the TD.. blatant PI on bell last drive and now we gotta make sure more tanner and fleckster don’t get the same treatment we get..

don’t you feel like a b? I’d feel like one lol
thumb_all-these-flavors-and-you-choose-to-be-salty-memegenerator-net-64778688.png

cartman-south-park.gif

Is this going to be the Purdue thing with the Minnesota - Purdue game.

Every year after we win, they'll find ref calls to make them feel better?

Yes it will. It happens your team is better. It’s no different than how we felt with OSU

Is this going to be the Purdue thing with the Minnesota - Purdue game.

Every year after we win, they'll find ref calls to make them feel better?
In fairness to Purdue, has any team ever lost a close game where some portion of the fan base didn’t blame the refs?

I think it's hilarious how the OP came here like a fan's fan all nice starting that other thread...and then basically throws up in this one.

I only saw the title to this topic and that it was written by a Purdue fan who never had an English writing class and that there were to date thee pages of comments and presumed it was only a way to pass the time until the Vikings game starts.

That first TD, probably not a TD. DB made a nice play to break the ball loose, IIRC. We’d be upset if the tables were turned. Great for us, sucks for Boiler fans. S*it posting on opposing teams boards is probably not the way to go, though.

A wierd focus on defensive holding, letting offensive holding mostly go unchecked is part and parcel of the ongoing arbitrary and unpredictable focus of officiating crews and it’s not hard to see why (losing) fans get upset over the calls or non calls. Hard to figure what points of emphasis will be game to game. Calling a game by the book would be a mess, of course, as everyone is conditioned to a wide strike zone right now. Best we can ask for is consistency.

Messy game. Glad the good guys pulled it out.

Top Bottom