Jimmie Terry Decommits

1. I feel for kids being told this late to find a new school. PJF has to do what he is gonna do, but he should do it in the classiest way possible.

2. HS OL recruits aren't the ones to replace a JuCo. JuCOs are taken to play next year and HS kids down the road. If PJF cut him loose it isn't because he likes his recruits better, it is because he doesn't think we need him next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I feel for kids being told this late to find a new school. PJF has to do what he is gonna do, but he should do it in the classiest way possible.

2. HS OL recruits aren't the ones to replace a JuCo. JuCOs are taken to play next year and HS kids down the road. If PJF cut him loose it isn't because he likes his recruits better, it is because he doesn't think we need him next year.

Spoof - Does that signal to you there may be another Juco in the mix, or Fleck thinks we have enough depth?

I'm not great at breaking down film or anything, but this kid jumps out at you in his film.
I'm with you, I thought his film looked good and I have no doubt that he would have contributed next season. Best of luck to Jimmie.

You review tape and ee if they are better than the guys you recruited hard forthe past yearto 18 months.

Spoof - Does that signal to you there may be another Juco in the mix, or Fleck thinks we have enough depth?

No clue. Someone more knowledgeable than me might know PJF's history with recruiting JUCOs?

Maybe PJ just forgot to eat a difficult conversation for breakfast this morning.

Maybe he was leaving that difficult conversation for breakfast tomorrow. Or maybe it slipped through his crack...

He was arguably worse than MAC level talent. In fact I've been wondering how long he keeps his offer....

so he was offered and accepted at Louisville two years ago, is ranked 93 in JUCO players by scout, and appears to be a consensus 3 star player (3 dots), and the reason Fleck doesn't want him isn't, that Fleck doesn't feel a need for him, it's because he's below MAC level talent.

Did you attend the Mark Coyle school of rationale and reasoning. You know nothing about his talent level or the reasons he is no longer a commit. Any commit that committed to the previous regime is at risk, period, because that's what happens in situations like this. Don't be a Coyle. Don't make stuff up when you don't have to.

so he was offered and accepted at Louisville two years ago, is ranked 93 in JUCO players by scout, and appears to be a consensus 3 star player (3 dots), and the reason Fleck doesn't want him isn't, that Fleck doesn't feel a need for him, it's because he's below MAC level talent.

Did you attend the Mark Coyle school of rationale and reasoning. You know nothing about his talent level or the reasons he is no longer a commit. Any commit that committed to the previous regime is at risk, period, because that's what happens in situations like this. Don't be a Coyle. Don't make stuff up when you don't have to.

Agreed. We have no idea why the current staff felt he wasn't a good fit, but evidently they did. Why they didn't bother calling him is a little concerning.

The kid isn't angry Fleck didn't call him - he's angry that he's gonna have to goto ECU or So. Miss.

You want to be elite? This is what you do. You guys need to decide. Do you want to be in the boat. or do you want to be left on shore?

I would have liked to see Terry on the roster considering the fact that Tyler Moore is likely transferring and that means Mayes gets inserted into the starting lineup. I think the starters should be solid, all 5 have good experience but we now have zero backups with any experience. Before Moore decided to transfer I felt really good about our top 7 O-lineman and then before tonight I still felt good about our top 6 but now I fear if one of the starters goes down, especially in the interior, we may experience a big drop off. Leidner is also gone unless he decides he comes back. Lets hope Dovich, Stieber and/or Olson are ready if they are called upon.

Fleck said on the huddle this morning that he won't put bandaids on problems. Some think JC's are bandaids or cover poor recruiting.

Regarding people surprised that he hadn't called the JuCO commit, I have to ask if its fully possible he just hadnt gotten around to it?

He's less than 3 days on the job, and as we all know, he's been outrageously busy and active. I'm guessing he hasnt had time to fully evaluate the current commits yet, and wasnt decided on them yet. Kids can be impatient, especially ones who know they are on the bubble. This kid probably would have preferred a call within the first 24 hours, but that just may not have been possible for PJ. Maybe he could have sent out a statement to all the commits through the media by saying he will contact them all by 'insert date here,' but to think he had the time to fully evaluate every one of them in under 3 days, and to make his decision on all of them in that time frame...

From Wikipedia - I remember reading about this in a story somewhere else: how Fleck handled prior commitments when he took over the WMU job:

One of Fleck's first actions as head coach was to rescind scholarship offers to incoming players who had verbally committed to Western Michigan. The withdraws occurred weeks before the national signing day, and left players unable to arrange other Division I scholarships as slots were already filled at other schools.[17] "I know if it was me, I would be ticked," Fleck said of the players who had scholarship offers pulled. "I also know if it was me, I would have showed up in the office of the head football coach, telling him I was dying to still be here."[17] Fleck started his position during a dead period when recruits are not allowed to have face-to-face contact with coaches.

I'd say Mr. Terry should be attempting to call Mr. Fleck and see if he can't convince him to retain his position.

Regardless, it was a classy post by Mr. Terry.

The thing I especially like about the non-fascist code is the ability to put things in quotations and act like somebody actually said it

Shut the F up troll. It has been obvious from the beginning of this you have been been a little Troll that has been here to tell us what a great job Coyle and the Administration has done. The fact that you argue with folks that are twice as intelligent as you is laughable. Go back to your wife laughing when you drop your pants, the rest of us are tired of it.

Regarding people surprised that he hadn't called the JuCO commit, I have to ask if its fully possible he just hadnt gotten around to it?

He's less than 3 days on the job, and as we all know, he's been outrageously busy and active. I'm guessing he hasnt had time to fully evaluate the current commits yet, and wasnt decided on them yet. Kids can be impatient, especially ones who know they are on the bubble. This kid probably would have preferred a call within the first 24 hours, but that just may not have been possible for PJ. Maybe he could have sent out a statement to all the commits through the media by saying he will contact them all by 'insert date here,' but to think he had the time to fully evaluate every one of them in under 3 days, and to make his decision on all of them in that time frame...

I am with you in that some benefit of the doubt should be given here. I don't blame Jimmie Terry for how he's handled the situation, but I think it's entirely possible that Coach Fleck was intending to call him this week. That said, in the long run I'd be just as upset if I heard from the head coach or heard from someone else in the football department...rejection sucks. The message is still the same: "We don't want you". I am sure I am not alone when I say I remember all the times I was rejected and forget many of the times I was accepted or praised. I honestly feel bad for the kids who get this news especially late in the process (it seems like this often even happens on signing day when schools get a late commit and bump someone) as I am sure most of us have been there before. Maybe you weren't an athlete, but you remember what is was like to not get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd chair in music or missed out on the chance to be in accelerated classes or got the the rejection from a girl you liked. It's certainly the right thing for Coach Fleck to make these calls himself, but it won't hurt the recipient any less as the message remains the same.

Shut the F up troll. It has been obvious from the beginning of this you have been been a little Troll that has been here to tell us what a great job Coyle and the Administration has done. The fact that you argue with folks that are twice as intelligent as you is laughable. Go back to your wife laughing when you drop your pants, the rest of us are tired of it.

College isn't for everybody.

Poor bastard doesn't even know.....

This isn't about breaking up with someone "the right way". (1) There was no relationship. (2) If a particular task can be done by literally anyone on staff, why would any elite organization send their most important specialized employee to do it? Plus, a recruiting assistant, and possible future coach, gets to learn from tough experiences.

The tactic might ruffle a few feathers, but it doesn't really bother me.

I don't have a problem if Fleck doesn't keep all of Claeys recruits, but man up, be elite and call them yourself.

Too many Radio and TV interviews he had to make sure he made. Has to make sure and row his own boat! :eek:

That's not cool at all to not even reach out or communicate with committed recruits. Here we go MAC 2.0!

Too many Radio and TV interviews he had to make sure he made. Has to make sure and row his own boat! :eek:

That's not cool at all to not even reach out or communicate with committed recruits. Here we go MAC 2.0!

Ok, we get it, you hate Fleck. Now stop trolling.

Top Bottom