Jimmie Terry Decommits

I mean if he doesn't think he can play next year why would he keep him on his team? Better to develop younger players.

I have no problem with us moving on from Terry. I simply said that the comment "he wouldn't have been able to play here anyway" is bizarre and hero worship. Claeys and his staff sure thought he could. That doesn't mean their right either.

If O'Brien is still on the staff, wouldn't he be the bridge guy to make the calls, providing of course that Fleck wants him to do that?

More than likely Fleck would prefer that the recruit makes the decision rather than him, even though they know he is the one making the decision for them. It gives the recruit the opportunity to announce their decommitment themselves and their availability to other programs as they wish to portray it.
At some point in time though, someone should call them to tell them the offer has been withdrawn.

It is amazing that in these few days and he has indefatigably garnered commitments without a full staff in place.

Will the Gophers be decommitting other players if an upgrade in a specific talent becomes available or if Fleck wants his own guy in?

Yeah, we signed 3 JuCo players and all of them helped us to drastically improve our OL. We ran the ball well and gave up few sacks. I agree with you, our OL play was average last season, but without those 3 JuCos we would have really struggled. Going into last year, OL was scary thin.

So yes, the recruitment and signing of the 3 JuCos was absolute, 100% success last season. If you can't see that, you have the memory of a goldfish. This time last year, it was panic mode when it came to our OL.

It shouldn't be necessary for another JuCo this year though. They have to be deeper now at that position. Excluding Terry and Moore's transfer, they have 5 OL committed for this year. They had 5 with the JuCos last year, and 4 left from the year before that.

I have no problem with us moving on from Terry. I simply said that the comment "he wouldn't have been able to play here anyway" is bizarre and hero worship. Claeys and his staff sure thought he could. That doesn't mean their right either.

I said he wouldn't be a plug and play guy, I guess I should have specified that I meant a starter....I guess that's hero worship. Maybe he would've started next year, then he's gone.

It shouldn't be necessary for another JuCo this year though. They have to be deeper now at that position. Excluding Terry and Moore's transfer, they have 5 OL committed for this year. They had 5 with the JuCos last year, and 4 left from the year before that.

I've seen Kittrell listed as both an OL and a DL, so it may be 4. Did Terry commit after Gaynor de-committed?

That's fine, I am totally OK with us moving on from Terry. It doesn't change the fact that the signing of the 3 JuCos from last year was an absolute success.

I said he wouldn't be a plug and play guy, I guess I should have specified that I meant a starter....I guess that's hero worship. Maybe he would've started next year, then he's gone.

The hero worship is that your reasoning was because "Fleck thinks so".

Yes he did.

He said that the proof of him KNOWING that Terry wouldn't have been a "plug and play guy" was because Fleck pulled the scholarship.

No he didn't. You just made that up. Or quote it.

Relax a little bit

Uh oh. You're going down the road of hero worship. I know it because PJ thinks it. LOL. Ok! I'm excited about the hiring too, but let's not get carried away.

This is where you started saying it bob. It made no sense here and it still doesn't.

Go back to calling people fascists

He said there probably isn't plug and play spots because we have 3 guys returning. You yourself have said we have much of our two deeps returning. Btown said he didn't see this unheralded guy contributing. Then you started freaking out about hero worship

Who picks the players who play?

What? What does that have to do with anything?

You don't think there are players who coaches don't recruit and make a mistake on? Like, they would have played if they were on the team?

This is where you started saying it bob. It made no sense here and it still doesn't.

Go back to calling people fascists

He said there probably isn't plug and play spots because we have 3 guys returning. You yourself have said we have much of our two deeps returning. Btown said he didn't see this unheralded guy contributing. Then you started freaking out about hero worship

I didn't freak out at all, but you really are a complete moron. Here is your quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
How could you possibly know that? We had 3 plug and play JuCo OL last season.

Btown -->Because those 3 are still on the team.

I know you like to interject yourself into these things, but here is how sentences work. . . If someone asks me "what kind of soda did you drink" and I said "Coke". That means I am saying "I drank Coke".

So yes, he did say that he knew.

Keep following me though, it's cute.

He literally never has not mentioned the coach in the entire thread

My only question is ... do we do things the way others may have done it ... or do we change the culture and treat people in an "Elite" manner. If you are going to talk the talk ......

He literally never has not mentioned the coach in the entire thread

Wow. You're dense. Who made the decision to keep or not keep him on the team? Are you really going to act like that wasn't implicit in "Because those 3 are still on the team". Are you really playing this dumb?

Sorry bob, I don't KNOW that he wouldn't have been a plug and play guy, but that's my guess with both starting guards returning along with several back ups. He was very under the radar if in fact he was a guy that could come in and start in the B1G.

Wow. You're dense. Who made the decision to keep or not keep him on the team? Are you really going to act like that wasn't implicit in "Because those 3 are still on the team". Are you really playing this dumb?

because he thinks a mid to low rated JC guy won't crack a unit that you yourself have said is anunit that should lead us to 8+ wins he worships the coach?

Got it.

I wasn't clear. Now I can read your non-fascist code

The hero worship is that your reasoning was because "Fleck thinks so".
The thing I especially like about the non-fascist code is the ability to put things in quotations and act like somebody actually said it

Sorry bob, I don't KNOW that he wouldn't have been a plug and play guy, but that's my guess with both starting guards returning along with several back ups. He was very under the radar if in fact he was a guy that could come in and start in the B1G.

He did have an offer from Louisville that he accepted a couple of years ago that counted for something, was ranked 96 on the JUCO list, etc, etc. Would he have panned out? Who knows, but there is no way that Fleck could make any real judgement on him, other than he's got kids he knows and wants from his recruiting at WMU. If he wants to take them and that means kids recruited by the former regime are out, that's the way it goes, but he should have reached out to all of the current recruits to let them know he wanted them or was going to revaluate them. There were only 15 of them, but there's a ton of stuff going on and you can't do everything.

Maybe PJ just forgot to eat a difficult conversation for breakfast this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not great at breaking down film or anything, but this kid jumps out at you in his film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom