James Louis will be a Gopher

Del Yates

I wonder if Del Yates knows that as an Ohio State alumni and apparent booster, he is probably committing an NCAA violation by harrassing James Louis on his facebook page. Just sayin.

[CENSORED] ... Agree with you ... we had a debate tonight in the Ch. 5 sports office on whether to use or not, and have decided to ... actually on a slow night, leading with it ... trying to give my alma mater some love/attention.

Even if he changes his mind yet again, you will be guilty of nothing but reporting the facts of the situation. It's not a rumor that those statements appeared on his facebook page, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Good deal on showing the alma mater some love and attention. It seems like many of the Gopher faithful could use some positive news. And hopefully that positive news is validated Wednesday.

VT Recruiting Board isn't too amped

VT has received a number of kids from Atlantic, but the bulletin board posters (including some very, very reliable ones) don't seem too excited about Louis joining VT. Apparently VT is close on ships and might have a log-jam. However, you don't let a talent like Louis go if he's interested in your school.

My gut tells me that VT isn't really on the radar. My gut also tells me that I shouldn't have eaten a chili dog for lunch. Thus, it is probably right about at least one thing.

Yes ... not the actual news, but sports at 10:25 ... also have the cooper game ... was hoping to get godfrey, who the gophers have an interest in, but he was suspended.

Wrong board, but what was Godfrey suspended for? Last thing the hoops team is another troubled kid.

This is pretty exciting stuff. However, being a long suffering fan of Minnesota sports I feel like I did when the Vikes had just gotten the ball back with 2 minutes to play... Lets hope it turns out better.

Go Brew!

+2

By the way, did James Louis visit Minnesota in the last year (official or unofficial)? If yes, any links to his visit?

He took an official visit in late October I believe.

I believe he came on the same weekend as his teammate and pal Donnell Kirkwood. Would be great to see this pair in the maroon and gold next season at TCF! Wednesday cannot come soon enough if Louis is serious about switching his commit to the U!

If he has an interest in switching to Minnesota then welcome him with open arms of course.

But, let's remember A. Don't get your hopes up, the crash will suck if you get to excited and then pift the balloon pop's. B: Not be like creepy Buckeye fans contacting him on facebook, wow they are a different breed down in Ohio. C. Hope he is indeed right about the big fella SH comming to Minnesota. D. Stay off the dude's facebook page, we don't know him so we should not be randomly posting on his page. I would be surprised this late in the game if he would switch but stranger things have happened. Nobody expected Michael Carter to switch to us last year and we got lucky. Best advice for Gopher fans is to leave the guy alone unlike Buckeye fans we do not need to be bugging him.

You should try living in Ohio, I'm surrounded by crazy ppl!!!!!!

I believe he came on the same weekend as his teammate and pal Donnell Kirkwood. Would be great to see this pair in the maroon and gold next season at TCF! Wednesday cannot come soon enough if Louis is serious about switching his commit to the U!

What if it's Donnell that's switching, and not Louis?

Does Donnell have something posted on his facebook page about going to Ohio State with his boy? I'm not going to check, but if you do... let us know.

You should try living in Ohio, I'm surrounded by crazy ppl!!!!!!

Someone would have to pay me an extremely large sum of money to even think about living in Ohio, and even then it'd only be temporary. Ohio is teh suck.

Who else have we taken from OSU this year? An earlier post mentioned that this would be the second steal from OSU.

Louis said that he's going to Minnesota to be with Donnell on his FB page. If it were like you are suggesting, I think he would just say something like "We're going to play for the same school," You know, all ominous and the like.

But he does say "Minnesota" in a few places.

on his facebook his 2nd facebook status if u hit comments it says "im thinking bout minnesota"

I would've switched from OSU already after all their dumbass fans flooded my facebook page with idiocy.

WOW! I hope its true, hopefully he can bring in SH! I havent heard of this guy bc I dont follow recruiting to much, but this guy looks stellar!

on his facebook his 2nd facebook status if u hit comments it says "im thinking bout minnesota"

Yes, but this was in response to his initial post of "Everybody its offical I have just changed my mind I will be playing my college football at???????"

Someone asks him what school he is talking about. JL - "im thinking bout minnesota"

Then it looks like an hour later he posted, "I wanna head out to minnesota with my brother DONNELL KIRKWOOD!!!"

Not trying to stalk or anything, just clearing it up. I didn't even know he existed before yesterday, thanks for the link Goldy.

It certainly sounds like a switch, and like I said earlier, it excites me, but looking at it what you all have said he's written, I think the kid is building some suspense and it between us and OSU. He could very well come to Minnesota, and that would be awesome, but I think OSU is still a scenario and wouldn't be surprised if he stuck with that one.

The OSU fans cursing at him doesn't seem like it would help persuade him to stay with OSU.

I know the new social media is all the rage, but I cannot believe that goofball fans of any program would rag on a kid for changing his mind on his Facebook page. Totally classless. Beyond ludicrous.

Mr. Louis, I certainly hope to see you in Minnesota.

Anyone know what the FHU reference is in his status today? Random.

The plot thickens! Freed-Hardeman is in ... HENDERSON, TN! IT'S A SIGN.

A bold move, Freed-Hardeman doesn't even have football, just baseball, basketball, soccer and cross-country. Maybe he'll start the team all by himself. :D

Come to Minnesota, we already have a team, and a cool new stadium!

That doorknob Minnesota fan that is posting on his wall is making us look just as bad as those OSU guys are. Just some dumb farmhouse frat boy who makes himself look like a tool, and makes the U look bad.

Top Bottom