Jamal Mashburn Jr. has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN.

I figured he would be gone, but it still sucks. Didn’t have the most efficient year, but was looking forward to seeing him take a big step forward next year.

Shoot. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but was really hoping he would stay.

that transfer portal is going to be a damn zoo

Disappointed but not surprised at all. Thought he would've taken a big leap next year. But relationships really do matter at this level of hoops. Best of luck to him and hope he finds a great fit.

I'm torn on how good he was going to be. He was aggressive which is great, but I didnt see any point guard skills from him, which is needed given his height. I'm all for undersized 2s at the college level if they are dynamic enough

Nothing really to do with this but I also created this thread about the same time. I want to delete my thread. How do you do that? I don't create threads often so.....

With some of the offensive flashes he showed I could see him landing somewhere way better than MN. Best of luck to him.
He would be a backup at a better school. ...He will want to start like he could have here.

Just because he is in the portal doesn’t guarantee he will leave. New coach can still talk him down. Crazy to leave when you could be the starting point guard for a B1G team but the new offense may not suit his style of play. If he leaves I hope he kills it wherever he ends up.

Nothing really to do with this but I also created this thread about the same time. I want to delete my thread. How do you do that. I don't create threads often so.....
I'm sure the powers that be will take care of it without any requests. I wouldn't stress about it.

not least bit surprising, he only came for Pitino

Would be cool if he ends up in New Mexico.

Shoot. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but was really hoping he would stay.

that transfer portal is going to be a damn zoo
Just starting...new coach will have a lot of holes to fill.

Would be cool if he ends up in New Mexico.

Out of curiosity, but why would that be cool? Really not a fan of losing one of our better returning players, and certainly not to Pitino. I don't wish Pitino any ill-will but definitely don't wish him success at our expense.

Go Gophers!!

All of the people acting like this isn't much of a loss are kind of crazy; not sure what you are looking at.

He was clearly our best young player. Showed a lot of promise when he started to get minutes. Showed he wasn't scared. He was a freshman in the best conference in the country. Nobody ever said was a one-and-done, so not sure what people expected.

Anyway, disappointed, but not shocked.

With the free transfer, players are going to be moving around a lot. Is what it is.

Robbins has used his free transfer to go from Drake to here. He can't do that again, unless he wants to sit out.

Just because he is in the portal doesn’t guarantee he will leave. New coach can still talk him down. Crazy to leave when you could be the starting point guard for a B1G team but the new offense may not suit his style of play. If he leaves I hope he kills it wherever he ends up.
True.
Price you pay with a coaching change. See what happens.

not least bit surprising, he only came for Pitino

This is what baffles the hell out of me. He committed last spring when "Pitino on the hot seat" rumors were rampant. He, his parents and coach had to know his preferred guy was dangling by a thread, but prioritized coach over school anyway. Now the thread has predictably been cut. Oh well.

Top Bottom