Ivy League Cancels Tournament, Yale Gets Automatic Bid

but the vast majority of people...live your normal life... it's gonna be fine.

Here's hoping the third person with it in Minnesota (in his 30s) wasn't living his normal life from Feb. 28 when symptoms started through March 3 when he was sent home from the doctor (wild guess, no test available) through today when he's in critical condition.

Young(er) people have been essentially told that they are invincible to this virus. That it only effects old people.

That is factually not true. It may still be a very low risk, but it should be taken seriously by 20 and 30 year olds.

So the top 25 rated recruiting class Amaker reeled in four years ago went to exactly zero NCAA Tournaments.

I would bet they lost far more in TV revenue (or will have have to give back or provide make good) than they Ivy League would have got for the ticket sales. Also these schools are sitting on billions of endowment funds. I'd say the expense of putting on the tournament was of little to no concern.
Fair point, but the wealthiest people are the ones who love money the most.

I just wish they'd let the players play. It's purely statistics in my estimation: the larger the gathering, the greater chance of transmission. I'd think they could tolerate the small risk involving a gathering of just dozens.

Fair point, but the wealthiest people are the ones who love money the most.

I just wish they'd let the players play. It's purely statistics in my estimation: the larger the gathering, the greater chance of transmission. I'd think they could tolerate the small risk involving a gathering of just dozens.

I think it is a raw deal for the players too no doubt. I can't say why they did not at least let the games go on in empty gyms. They could have at least kept the TV revenue that way. Harvard though (where the Tourney was supposed to take place) announced on-line classes only for the rest of the semester.

Pear Jam, postponed. SXSW Cancelled. Coachella Postponed.

March Madness? Feels inevitable, or at least will be played to empty arenas as they have already done in Europe/Asia.

I’m gonna trust the smart people on this. If the Ivy League smart people are saying shut er’ down, I’m probably going to follow that advice. We’ve had a few buffoons that tried to play down the seriousness of this and are now self quarantining themselves so we should probably listen to the doctors and scientists instead.

I just don't get why you couldn't play in front of nobody. No fans, play the tournament. Not fair to the seniors.

I’m gonna trust the smart people on this. If the Ivy League smart people are saying shut er’ down, I’m probably going to follow that advice. We’ve had a few buffoons that tried to play down the seriousness of this and are now self quarantining themselves so we should probably listen to the doctors and scientists instead.

I've talked to multiple doctors and scientists over the last two weeks and not all of them agree on protocols for low risk populations.

Expect a domino effect here. Now that the Ivy League has canceled their tournament others will likely follow. My opinion is also that this is way overblown but this is the world we live in today.

??? I wasn't questioning the time it takes to recover, for people who do recover.

I was questioning your claim of "most people".

I could say "most people" recover from the flu. But this isn't the flu. It's worse than the flu, with the potential to be much worse, depending on how seriously we take it here in the country.
97% is most people in my understanding.
This does not diminish the idea that if all 10 billion humans on the planet contracted Covid19, there would be a significant body count of dead human beings. But, this is not a mass extinction catastrophe we are dealing with.

This is just the beginning people! The Skull and Bones Society is going to unleash coronavirus at the site of the Final Four and regional games. The Tournament will be cancelled and Yale declared the national champion.

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine-R is recommending all sports events be held without fans. Dayton has the First 4 games. Cleveland is hosting rounds 1 & 2.

No one said it was, AND that’s no excuse not to take it seriously.
There's a difference between taking something seriously and living in unadulterated fear.
Wash your hands. Stay home if you're sick. Don't eat broccoli. These are all healthy measures. ?

There's a difference between taking something seriously and living in unadulterated fear.
Wash your hands. Stay home if you're sick. Don't eat broccoli. These are all healthy measures. ?
Absolutely there is a difference. Won't know where the optimal line in the sand is, though, until it's hindsight.

This is just the beginning people! The Skull and Bones Society is going to unleash coronavirus at the site of the Final Four and regional games. The Tournament will be cancelled and Yale declared the national champion.
And Josh Jackson wins the Oscar!

NCAA not allowing any fans to the tournament games. What we have here is a society of panty waist dip shits who disgrace every red blooded American who came to this great nation and endured hardship this nation of pussies cannot comprehend.
When will this nation of so-called leaders grows pair? ???

NCAA not allowing any fans to the tournament games. What we have here is a society of panty waist dip shits who disgrace every red blooded American who came to this great nation and endured hardship this nation of pussies cannot comprehend.
When will this nation of so-called leaders grows pair? ???

Do people just not pay attention to world news? This attitude is exactly why Italy’s largely on lockdown right now.

NCAA not allowing any fans to the tournament games. What we have here is a society of panty waist dip shits who disgrace every red blooded American
Shut up. Take your meds. Sheesh

Do people just not pay attention to world news? This attitude is exactly why Italy’s largely on lockdown right now.
Italy has been a wimp since the 900s CE.
97% of people get over this virus. Just wash your hands and if you have a compromised immune system, take precautions. Shutting down society speaks to the complete lack understanding probabilities.
I'm starting to think these decisions are being made because we have such a litigious society that no longer believes in personal responsibility.
You want complete government control...vote for Bernie and eat the scraps he tosses your way. Otherwise, live life and enjoy life.
Tell you what. You go bunker in and I'll tell you about the joys of living outside the wall.

Italy has been a wimp since the 900s CE.
97% of people get over this virus. Just wash your hands and if you have a compromised immune system, take precautions. Shutting down society speaks to the complete lack understanding probabilities.
I'm starting to think these decisions are being made because we have such a litigious society that no longer believes in personal responsibility.
You want complete government control...vote for Bernie and eat the scraps he tosses your way. Otherwise, live life and enjoy life.
Tell you what. You go bunker in and I'll tell you about the joys of living outside the wall.
And there we have it...just another Trump supporting moron screaming "fake news" at every inconvenient truth.

And there we have it...just another Trump supporting moron screaming "fake news" at every inconvenient truth.
Nope. I didn't vote for Trump. People who live in fear and dictate their fear on me piss me off.

And the other 3% die.

Bet you wouldn’t be such a jag off if it were your daughter dying in a hospital bed.
My daughter isn't unhealthy. She uses good hygiene. Do what you personally can do to stay healthy and don't blame others when bad things happen.

Do you think people don't have children die every day. I've been there when a child is dying. I know the family heartache. That just gives me more resolve to live life to the full, not in fear about the damn "what ifs" that paralyze people and create a life of fear. Count me out of that worthless life.

Couldn't have said it better
Great call....
:rolleyes:
Egg on face

The Ancient 8 has also cancelled all spring sports, feel bad for the baseball seniors (along w all the others)

Wise decision despite what others may think.

Some of you or ppl you know may have upcoming medical procedures that have been scheduled for months. You do not want your operating rooms cancelling all your elective surgeries because they are overrun.

Ivy League ahead of the curve.

Top Bottom