Is Athan Kaliakmanis ready? | Gopherhole

The fact is it will be hard to tell. The WR situation is so bad that success will be difficult regardless of who the QB is. Morgan was a really good QB with 2 NFL WR's. With this bunch not so good. Athan will have the same problems.

Weird that I can't find any stats. Also weird that his Gopher Sports bio was not corrected. Was it considered an actual season?
It was sort of pulled together last minute like the Gopher schedule was in 2020, but it was official. The entire state played - it wasn't just a couple programs that scheduled super scrimmages. All of the papers had local rankings, they played their conference teams, etc. They declared conference champions and had all conference teams. Athan was conference player of the year. I don't think they did a post-season, but there was a season.

Here are some stats:

There are a number of threads that followed his senior season on Gopherhole. I believe even a discussion if he should even play considering it was going to be the fall and some of his fellow FR were playing in the spring game for us.

The thing I like from him so far is he’s not afraid to throw it. You don’t want him to get paralyzed by indecision and we haven’t seen that so far. You can live with mistakes given he’s learning and growing. Don’t want him to just go out there and get sacked 7-8 times and not throw the ball. Play call/scheme is the biggest helper for that in that you can develop safety valves/easy throws. It’s something our scheme seems somewhat mediocre in to me which worries me
100% - Get out there and learn from mistakes. Way better than a guy who comes in too nervous to make any mistakes.

Athan was one of the few skill guys on offense who looked ready. Another was BSF. Mo was OK, but had a tough time running into a defense keying on him. Our WR situation is looking very stressed. 3 WR receptions against PSU; 1 against Illinois.

Top Bottom