Iowa SDSU depth chart: top WR out? starting cb suspended,

You think the museums, theaters, and lakes in Iowa are of equal quality and quantity?

Don't take it personal. People like living in places for different reasons. Not faulting anyone for living in Iowa or a small town. If you like it there that's all that matters. But to say that Minnesota doesn't have more attractions that are dividing people's attention and disposable dollars (fan attendance) is downright silly.
I didn't say that. I was just saying we have them. I was replying to Word who acted like we didn't have any lol. We even have in door plumbing here.

I mean there's a reason there is an abundance of Hawkeye fans in the Twin Cities and relatively few Gopher fans in Iowa. Typically the migration tends to favor one direction over the other...

It seems like this debate comes up every year or so on this board.

Personal note - I grew up in Rochester, got two degrees from the UMN, and have lived/worked in the Des Moines area for 38 years. I teach part time at ISU. My first loyallty remains very much with the Gophers.

There will always be more Iowa kids moving up north to start their adult lives. The size, proximity, and sheer economic might of the Twin Cities assures this. And for a major metro area, it is a (relatively) nice place to live. A number of us, for professional and personal reasons, will also choose to live in Iowa. It is also a nice place to live, with a lot to do.

2nd personal note. Living in Iowa, it makes Gopher victories over Iowa all the more sweeter. I only wish it happened more often.

3rd personal note. With employment at ISU, it *also* makes it very nice when ISU beats Iowa. I only wish that happened more often also.

Their starting RB from last season is now in the NFL and their starting QB is not good. Arland Bruce only had 209 yards receiving total last season and 1 TD.

Iowa's offense was terrible last season and there's a lot of reason to believe they will be worse this season.
SDSU's starting QB is Mark Gronowski. He led the Jacks to the FCS title game his freshman year and then blew out his knee on about the fourth play of the title game. The Jacks lost 23-21. The result would have been entirely different if Gronowski had played.

SDSU's starter at QB last year was a grad transfer, Chris Oladokun. Oladokun was drafted by the Steelers and is now on the Chief's roster. SDSU's starting running back last year, Pierre Strong, was drafted by New England and is doing well.

Gronowski is back and improved. While Strong was a great back, there are some who claim Isiah Davis, a sophomore, will be at least as productive and probably more. Davis had a great season last year in spite of missing several games due to injury (broken collar bone).

The players that may make a huge difference for the Jackrabbits are the two pro-prospect tight ends. Tucker Kraft, a junior, is compared to Dallas Goedert who was an All-America tight end for the Jacks just a few years ago (Philly Eagles). Another tight end who would be getting all the comparisons to Goedert but for Tucker Kraft, is Zach Heins.

The Jacks graduated some outstanding OL guys but they did a lot of substituting last year and we think the OL will be just fine.

The only recent common opponent was Colorado State last season. SDSU embarassed CSU 42 - 23 in Ft Collins; Iowa had a struggle with CSU before finally winning in Kinnick, 24-14.

Sure, its just a Missouri Valley Footbal Conf team taking on a team expected to be one of the better teams in the B1G. It seems Iowa shouldn't have much to worry about. But...North Dakota State gave Iowa a 23-21 bloody nose in 2016. The only FCS team that beats NDSU on a fairly regular basis (regular season games; not so lucky in playoff games) in recent years is SDSU. Media reports coming out of Iowa suggest they're taking Saturday's game pretty seriously with many Iowa fans remebering the NDSU game in 2016.

Jacks fans think we have the best QB, WRs, TEs and RB in all of FCS. I'm going to Iowa City.

So Dakota State is legit. They could play with a lot of FBS teams.

this should be a very competitive game.

So Dakota State is legit. They could play with a lot of FBS teams.

this should be a very competitive game.
When we played them a while back their DL hit our OL hard for nearly the first half and their defensive secondary showed a lot of speed and discipline.

We didn't play well but they also looked way more dynamic / capable than I expected.

It would have been a more competitive game to watch, then New Mexico.

Saturday's game in Iowa City will be my first trip to Kinnick. Need guidance on two questions addressing visiting fans' proper behavior:

1 Will it be okay for Jackrabbit fans to borrow the Minnesota fans' cheer specific to Iowa (Who hates Iowa? WE HATE IOWA!)

2. Is it still timely to tease about the fan from Carroll IA and her visit to the Metrodome for the Iowa v Minnesota game a few years ago? Or, is that no longer funny?

Saturday's game in Iowa City will be my first trip to Kinnick. Need guidance on two questions addressing visiting fans' proper behavior:

1 Will it be okay for Jackrabbit fans to borrow the Minnesota fans' cheer specific to Iowa (Who hates Iowa? WE HATE IOWA!)

2. Is it still timely to tease about the fan from Carroll IA and her visit to the Metrodome for the Iowa v Minnesota game a few years ago? Or, is that no longer funny?
1. Do what you want
2. I think it's run it's course

That is just a dumb reply.. You can do pretty much everything in Minnesota you can do here except the huntings a little better here.
Can't swim in a lake. Your dumb@ss state polluted everything with pig schidt. Every lake and river is full of schidt, nitrates, and phosphorus. All so you can sell food as schidty fuel with the combustible engine on its last legs.

Smart!

That is just a dumb reply.. You can do pretty much everything in Minnesota you can do here except the huntings a little better here.
I must have missed
Saturday's game in Iowa City will be my first trip to Kinnick. Need guidance on two questions addressing visiting fans' proper behavio

It's always OK to make fun of Idiots Out Walking Around.

Top Bottom