Illinois' Shannon charged with Rape

I do find it odd that Illinois didn't push the situation through whatever their process is (those are usually quick and a really low bar), but I was certainly wrong on Shannon's chances of getting the judge to intervene.
I would think that such processes are only available to U of ILL students and staff to initiate an investigation against other students or staff.

I was talking about the post by combes1...I guess I thought that was pretty obvious.

It was very obvious, which is why it's a dumb take. Does innocent until proven guilty scare you? Does evidence not supporting the claims scare you? If this is a Gophers player, is it scary to hope they give him the same rights they give every other college student? Yikes.

It was very obvious, which is why it's a dumb take. Does innocent until proven guilty scare you? Does evidence not supporting the claims scare you? If this is a Gophers player, is it scary to hope they give him the same rights they give every other college student? Yikes.
Good lord...maybe go back and read the rest of the thread before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool. I said he had rights, said that while I agree with the basketball team not playing him if they choose (sports are a privilege not a right) they should not suspend him from school or expel him based on charges. He gets to have his day in court. But yeah...I totally am scared of the criminal justice system. The one a bunch of my family work in and I was originally going to be a part of. You totally got me dude!!

And because apparently you need me to hold your hand to understand...the part of his post I had a problem with was his paragraph on what "Rape" is and so on. As someone who knows multiple people who have been assaulted and raped I can say his opinion is more than a bit misguided.

You know what is even scarier...that you will read what I said and somehow turn it into something that has nothing to do with my point and somehow proves your point because you dont seem like you want to have a good faith discussion you just want to score your worthless internet tough guy points and pretend you know more about what everyone thinks and feels than we do.

while I agree with the basketball team not playing him if they choose (sports are a privilege not a right) they should not suspend him from school or expel him based on charges.
Talking generally: if a player is found guilty of something, in some context (say even the internal kangaroo court), then I could see the school justly saying something like “as punishment, you are no longer allowed to participate in varsity athletics, but you may remain a student”.

That I could see.

I don’t possibly see how there is a leg to stand on to preemptively suspend from athletics, but not from school, just based on the existence of charges.

Good lord...maybe go back and read the rest of the thread before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool. I said he had rights, said that while I agree with the basketball team not playing him if they choose (sports are a privilege not a right) they should not suspend him from school or expel him based on charges. He gets to have his day in court. But yeah...I totally am scared of the criminal justice system. The one a bunch of my family work in and I was originally going to be a part of. You totally got me dude!!

And because apparently you need me to hold your hand to understand...the part of his post I had a problem with was his paragraph on what "Rape" is and so on. As someone who knows multiple people who have been assaulted and raped I can say his opinion is more than a bit misguided.

You know what is even scarier...that you will read what I said and somehow turn it into something that has nothing to do with my point and somehow proves your point because you dont seem like you want to have a good faith discussion you just want to score your worthless internet tough guy points and pretend you know more about what everyone thinks and feels than we do.
Actually, your entire post confirmed literally everything I thought of you. No need to spin anything. Worthless causes are not something I'm worried about changing.

Top Bottom