If Eric Musselman was our coach

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
Eric musselman should have been hired as gopher coach (my opinion)….

We would already be in the NCAA tournament…….we are a long way from that with Ben Johnson, if we ever get there…..how much fun would it be for the Gophers to actually be
Here!

Ben is a good guy but in my opinion, will never get the Gophers back to the Tournaments.
Coyle mad a huge mistake not hiring Musselman….

We would already be in the NCAA tournament…….we are a long way from that with Ben Johnson, if we ever get there…..how much fun would it be for the Gophers to actually be
Here!

Ben is a good guy but in my opinion, will never get the Gophers back to the Tournaments.
If I could save time in a bottle....

Here!

Could not have hired him. Had a far better job , his wife would not come here and they pay him. His agent told other agents that he would not want the job.

Here!

The title should read if Eric Musselman WERE our coach
The subjunctive verb is always plural.

Here!

Would Musselman have been able to pull together that much better of a roster? Arkansas just beat NW State 53-48. What makes you believe that he would have led this year's Gopher squad to the tournament?

Here!

I’m presuming with your name, you also would have had millions to spare to pay him too, right? Cause he wasn’t coming for chump change if at all!

A single hire is not fully undoing 30yrs of shtball. Diffident Ben will be coyle’s rise or fall. Diffident wins? Coyle moves to ND. Diffident loses…Coyle is off to the other nd.

Would Musselman have been able to pull together that much better of a roster? Arkansas just beat NW State 53-48. What makes you believe that he would have led this year's Gopher squad to the tournament?
Yeah probably not. He would’ve miss the tourney his first year at arkansas (it was the canceled tourney year)

I would have a lot more confidence in year 2

The reason not to hire him was because we couldn’t. If we could’ve hired him and didn’t, we are idiots

The what if's with Mussekman are 2013 and 2019. What if we'd hired him instead of Pitino in 2013. What if we don't squeak into the NCAA tournament in 2019 and we fire Pitino then.
That would have been the time to hire him. He has a Top 7 recruiting class coming in next year. What might have been. It is going to be a long slow road for Ben. This is not his fault at all but I will be surprised if he survives. I hope he does but to finish last in the big ten is not a good start.

Because he can recruit and coach. He has a track record of it. Minnesota went on the cheap…god love Ben! However, it’s not any fault of Ben’s but he is totally unproven. The only facts we have are that he finished last in the Big Ten.

Not a no-brainer but it would have been the right hire. It's painful to think that 1-2 wins in 2019 might have set us back a decade.
Or more. I was in favor of firing him after that season even with the tourney. Even with his second best team of his tenure in year 6 he was under .500 in conference.

Maybe the 40th best team in the country but not top 5 in the big ten

Or more. I was in favor of firing him after that season even with the tourney. Even with his second best team of his tenure in year 6 he was under .500 in conference.

Maybe the 40th best team in the country but not top 5 in the big ten
We would been firing the 2nd coach in a row AFTER winning an NCAA game. Not sure that's ever happened. Certainly not by a school of Minnesota's calibur.

Could not have hired him. Had a far better job , his wife would not come here and they pay him. His agent told other agents that he would not want the job.
We could've hired him instead of Richie (imo) but agreed, ship has sailed.

The 2019 steam isn’t real true either. Muss’s wife ain’t living up here

Here!

If you mean instead of hiring Pitino, I agree, but Coyle wasn't here then.

Top Bottom