I Got a Feeling - That Today's Gonna Be a Gabe Day

Gabe is the player version of Richard as a coach: a nice guy who is capable of some pretty good things from time to time and you wanna give the benefit of the doubt, but at this point what you see is probably what you get. I wish for Gabe that i did, but i just don't believe in year+ long slumps. Not the kind that ever end, anyway.

No data, just a gut feeling (He needs some Gopher love), that Gabe shows something nice tonight, by achieving the following -

20+ PTs
50%+ form the field
3 or more made 3's

Yes, he didn't hit all of the numbers listed above, but his numbers today and the stop at the end of the game he gets some love.

Single Game Stats
FG
3pt
FT
Off
Def
Reb
Ast
TO
Stl
Blk
PF
Pts
Gabe Kalscheur
5-10​
4-7​
2-2​
1​
7​
8​
0​
1​
0​
0​
2​
16​

HIs best overall game of the year and he looked more confident and decisive shooting it today.

Congrats for sticking with it Gabe (this tenacity will serve you well later in life) - now let's keep in rolling!

I thought this post was from today...forgot to mention Gabe in the game thread and it was a major oversight by me. Great defense on the last play and he was the only player on either team able to knock down any 3's . Really happy for him as it's been a rough year.

I thought this post was from today...forgot to mention Gabe in the game thread and it was a major oversight by me. Great defense on the last play and he was the only player on either team able to knock down any 3's . Really happy for him as it's been a rough year.

No not from today. Dec 8 was my original post -just my juvenile way to prove I was semi-right and celebrate Gabe.

The stats he had today are literally all we need from him. Shoot 40-50%, make a few 3s, rebound and D up. Was great to see how Carr went up up to him after the game and celebrated with him.

I was glad it was Gabe at the line with 0:07 on the clock.

I am a Gabe fan and really pleased that he came through big time today. He is far from perfect but he plays the game the right way.

It was good to see him excited during the game and a big smile on his face post game. He deserves some success.

I was still convinced we could not contain Purdue down the stretch, or just not screw up a lead if we ever got one late, but when Gabe hit his last three he seemed to have look of relief on has face and that that was nice to see.

For any of us that drove down to Des Moines for that NCAA win vs. Louisville in 2019, it was hard to watch Gabe the last two years. The main reason for that much needed win, on a glorious sunny afternoon in Iowa was the 3 point shooting of Gabe, and I doubt anyone saw this massive, extended downturn coming.

It looked like a weight came off him today, so maybe this will be the start of something big. This team really just needs a second guard to get o fire for the rest of the year to take some pressure off Carr. I thought Mashburn was on the cusp of something today, then Pitino put him on the bench forever, but then Gabe did save the day, or stopped the bleeding.

I was glad it was Gabe at the line with 0:07 on the clock.

I wanted to see Carr at the line, but Gabe showed up at the end on the FT line as well. For all the bad decisions, Carr has no fear out there in the spotlight, and that is rare.

The other night I watched a couple of 1997 games on Youtube (UCLA, wanted to see Clemson, could not find it), and seeing tough, end of game play makers like Bobby Jackson, and Quincy Lewis reminded me of why they won 30 games. Courtney James was a monster in that UCLA game as well.

I think the guard play is close, but this team sure could use a Courtney James type and and even a Miles Tarver.

I am a Gabe fan and really pleased that he came through big time today. He is far from perfect but he plays the game the right way.

It was good to see him excited during the game and a big smile on his face post game. He deserves some success.

Great post - he stuck with it and played a very good game - I won't go great, but I'll give him a B+.

Hopefully this is the game he uses as a springboard to having that level of play the rest of the season.

I wanted to see Carr at the line, but Gabe showed up at the end on the FT line as well. For all the bad decisions, Carr has no fear out there in the spotlight, and that is rare.

The other night I watched a couple of 1997 games on Youtube (UCLA, wanted to see Clemson, could not find it), and seeing tough, end of game play makers like Bobby Jackson, and Quincy Lewis reminded me of why they won 30 games. Courtney James was a monster in that UCLA game as well.

I think the guard play is close, but this team sure could use a Courtney James type and and even a Miles Tarver.

Can you imagine if we had Treyvon Williams as our 4; Purdue always seems to have a 6'8 250 lb bruiser in the post - yes I realize they play him at the 5 a lot.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game yesterday, just the little highlights package. It was nice to see Gabe get some shots down. A couple of those 3's looked like he had a defender pretty close by, but he was locked in. What I'm really interested in though, is which of the Purdue wings was Gabe's primary defensive assignment. I saw the lock-down job he did in the final seconds, but I don't know if that was his assignment for the entire game or just that last possession. In looking at the box score, I'm guessing he shut somebody down pretty effectively--Again.

Overdue-the shout out for the great job Brandon Johnson has been doing over the past several games. He's been playing very solid all-around basketball the for past few weeks. Getting better as the season goes on. I'm a fan!

Top Bottom