How would you handle Trevor's situation if you were the AD?

Uhhh, what? We're not talking about kicking someone out of school. We're talking about whether or not he plays and represents your school in inter-collegiate athletics. Completely unanalogous.

In the football case - they sure as HELL did not all admit 'what happened'. There were no charges. Man... so you're telling me your measurement of whether or not the U should let a player play or not play when associated with a crime... is 1) not based on whether they are charged and 2) based on what THEY, the 'associated' person says?

You're freaking nuts.

Absolutely - the equities (huh?) point in favor of waiting for the trial - so let him practice but not play. If you say, 'hey he's OK until the trial concludes' then #1 Maturi should have decided that decades ago and #2 Mbakwe and any recruit can easy deal with that by asking to continue the matter until after the season, etc.

1) It is facile to claim this is simply about whether or not Mbakwe represents the U in intercollegiate athletics. We both know the man's personal and professional lives are on the line. Enough said.

2) In the football case, they all admitted they were there. The sole criminal defendant, Dominic Jones, admitted what happened but claimed it was consensual. I can't understand the rest of your comments.

1) It is facile to claim this is simply about whether or not Mbakwe represents the U in intercollegiate athletics. We both know the man's personal and professional lives are on the line. Enough said.

2) In the football case, they all admitted they were there. The sole criminal defendant, Dominic Jones, admitted what happened but claimed it was consensual. I can't understand the rest of your comments.

First off, the French is great.. um, I didn't say this is simply about whether or not Mbakwe represents the U. My point, as I stated, was this wasn't about kicking someone out of school (in response to you asking me if someone accused me of starting a fire, if I should be kicked out of school). Get real. PS - Who did they admit that they were there to?

2) 'Were there'? So what? One of Mbakwe's buddies in the police report admits he was in the area. You're a harebrained stupid stoopy-head (better, Rick Mons?). Three football players were never even charged and had their 'lives demolished'.

Look here, you can make the accusation of sexual and physical assault of a woman be a non-issue in terms of reputation, taxpayer money, etc. That's on you.

First off, the French is great.. um, I didn't say this is simply about whether or not Mbakwe represents the U. My point, as I stated, was this wasn't about kicking someone out of school (in response to you asking me if someone accused me of starting a fire, if I should be kicked out of school). Get real. PS - Who did they admit that they were there to?

2) 'Were there'? So what? One of Mbakwe's buddies in the police report admits he was in the area. You're a harebrained stupid stoopy-head (better, Rick Mons?). Three football players were never even charged and had their 'lives demolished'.

Look here, you can make the accusation of sexual and physical assault of a woman be a non-issue in terms of reputation, taxpayer money, etc. That's on you.

What if he's innocent and has never seen that woman in his life.

What if he's innocent and has never seen that woman in his life.

Then its another incredible injustice and absolutely sucks (and I believe this may very well be the case -- anyone close to Trevor I've spoken to says he's a great guy... just goofy here and there, but nothing like these accusations).

I now think a 'we'll let him practice and after the December trial, play' seems like a respectable stance based on the severity of the situation (including charges and a trial date being set). If there was an arrest and accusations, etc.. but no charges, trial date, out on bond, etc... maybe a different story. But this is very real.

You're not quoting the relevant parts of the code.

Would you mind quoting the relevant parts of the code where he he is subject to an automatic suspension?

Otherwise what part of 'case by case review' calls for an automatic suspension.

Top Bottom