Herschel Thornton commits

I think it had more to do with him not getting here until August. Getting caught from behind by the lineman is being overblown. Remember, he was following blockers and may have not been going full speed while trying to read the blocks. What I haven't heard is any reports from practices that said he was slower than what they thought they had.

With that said, I like to see Brewster having a policy of not signing any Jucos if they can't report early. I could see giving a defensive player a little extra time like the beginning of summer, but any offensive player should be here for spring practice. Otherwise, they will only contribute for one year at best, after a year of not playing while learning the system.

You could very well be right, my theory that he wasn't as fast as they thought wasn't based on anything in particular I heard.

Will Thornton be here for classes this spring and spring practice? It does not indicate that he is a December grad on his Rivals page.

Herschel T.

Make no mistake, the Gophers are well off with the signing of Hersch. All in all he is an outstanding DB. The reason his highlites don't show too many int's or pass break ups is because no team threw his way. He can tackle with the best of them and can catch the rock. He was great at returning in High School, and he covers the field like no other!!! I am excited to now have a reason to travel out to Minnesota. The Gophers defensive backfield just got a great player!!!!

Make no mistake, the Gophers are well off with the signing of Hersch. All in all he is an outstanding DB. The reason his highlites don't show too many int's or pass break ups is because no team threw his way. He can tackle with the best of them and can catch the rock. He was great at returning in High School, and he covers the field like no other!!! I am excited to now have a reason to travel out to Minnesota. The Gophers defensive backfield just got a great player!!!!

The more I analyze this signing, the more the Wisconsin game sticks out. Safety help is usually critical to shutting down the wisky ground game, watch replays of Theret filling the alley and getting crushed by the pulling guards or run down by Clay(he actually did pretty well making the tackle, but was already 5-7 yards downfield) Also the TE's catching balls all over Campbell and Tripplett. Thornton can come up and hit the power run, and also cover TE's. This will be his role allowing Royston and Theret to cover deeper.

Top Bottom