Herschel Thornton commits

Looks like he has some good offers--Pitt, Rutgers, and South Florida, so I will welcome any help in the secondary--and Brewster has had good success with JC secondary prospects. So all in all, I think a good pick-up.

Looks like he has some good offers--Pitt, Rutgers, and South Florida, so I will welcome any help in the secondary--and Brewster has had good success with JC secondary prospects. So all in all, I think a good pick-up.

But both fell off in their second year. Giveupbigplay Tray and Brock both were huge disappointments.

Brock never had a second year so how could he be a big disappointment? You can't be disappointed in something you never had.

so you can't be disappointed he didn't do his school work and couldn't play? We could of gave his scholarship last year to someone who would develop this year to make our future teams better.

But both fell off in their second year. Giveupbigplay Tray and Brock both were huge disappointments.

I've asked this before but how do I block trolls this this? Bad enough he's got an axe to grind against the program but the fact that he's so constantly inaccurate on top of it is really annoying. So, someone throw me a rope....how do I block these trolls?

He looks pretty similar in terms of measureables and offers as Malcom Murray, and Murray was just upgraded to a 4*, 20th-ranked Juco prospect.

He is not listed as a December grad. Does anyone know if he is?

Also, will we still recruit Malcolm Murray after this commitment?

Regardless, a good pick up at a position of need. I guess the theme for this weekend's recruiting was picking up plus-sized guys who could contribute immediately (J. Green, Eure, Thornton).

I've asked this before but how do I block trolls this this? Bad enough he's got an axe to grind against the program but the fact that he's so constantly inaccurate on top of it is really annoying. So, someone throw me a rope....how do I block these trolls?

Go to his profile, click on lists and put on ignore list.

It has been a pretty good recruiting weekend - Brew must have been in top form!!

When is the last time we had this kind of size (6'2, 200) playing safety? Royston is okay, and Dandridge may prove to be okay, but I like having a safety that can knock somebody out and HT looks like that guy. Royston made some big hits this year, but he's just not that big.

I also like that this guy is 22 (according to the STRIB he worked for two years after high school before going to school). He certainly is physically mature then, and seemingly emotionally mature as well. I'd have been happy with Murray as well - glad we got one of them.

If we were to now get Big Beau or Richard Ash, and pull off the ultimate get of you know who (and keep Hawkins!), I'd be happy with this class (I guess I still would like one more running back too, but I'm getting beyond greedy at this point).

Thanks for the tip boys. Looks like I will be doing some search and destroy this afternoon.

Also curious if I can tag certain posters so I am always alerted to their posts. i.e. There are some posters who I like to follow but don;t feel like sifting thru hundreds of posts everyday to see what they did. Can I just add them to "friends" or something (Don't know them personally and don't want to seem like a stalker you know, lol) wihtout having to make a big deal of it?

You can search by users, thus pulling up their posts/threads. Obviously just look at the recent ones, since you'll have quite the list.

Does this mean that Royston is going to CB??

We're also adding a JC corner, so I don't think it necessarily means anything, other than we are weak in the secondary going into next year.

When is the last time we had this kind of size (6'2, 200) playing safety? Royston is okay, and Dandridge may prove to be okay, but I like having a safety that can knock somebody out and HT looks like that guy. Royston made some big hits this year, but he's just not that big.

Rallis.

I anxiously await further developments re: the contents of Costa Rican Gopher's ignore and "friends" lists.

I'm glad we got this kid, but i'm a little concerned that of his entire highlight reel, there was 1 play of him breaking up a pass (about 20 of him makinf downfield tackles). This makes me a bit skeptical that he will be able to defend the pass...

I'm glad we got this kid, but i'm a little concerned that of his entire highlight reel, there was 1 play of him breaking up a pass (about 20 of him makinf downfield tackles). This makes me a bit skeptical that he will be able to defend the pass...

Big hitter, in the box safety = Simoni Lawrence of 2010.
He's being recruited by Coach Butler, probably points to a S/LB hybrid. He's still a nice pickup and should be a valuable defender against power running teams. Our safeties really struggled against Wisky this year, Theret was launching himself into the Olinemen and getting crushed. This kid looks like he's got the size and attitude to be a nice run defending safety.

Herschel Thornton?

Didn't he star in an Adam Sandler movie or was he mentioned in an old Rodney Dangerfield routine?

Big hitter, in the box safety = Simoni Lawrence of 2010.
He's being recruited by Coach Butler, probably points to a S/LB hybrid. He's still a nice pickup and should be a valuable defender against power running teams. Our safeties really struggled against Wisky this year, Theret was launching himself into the Olinemen and getting crushed. This kid looks like he's got the size and attitude to be a nice run defending safety.

Yeah, that is what I was kind of thinking as well. I just think we are pretty set at the kind of player with Cooper, Rallis (who will likely move up to a LB), and even Singleton. Worst case scenario this kid comes in and gives us depth, best case scenario...he competes for playing time. I guess it never hurts to have add a kid who can run and hit/

Does anyone have an explanation of why Hayo Carpenter was such a failure this year? He hardly played. Was it an attitude issue, or simply a lack of real talent?

Doctor J ~

From what i've heard (from people who know more than I do), read, and seen, it seems to be a combination of two things. First, he didn't get here until August and he really never got a full grasp of the offense. Additionally, he wasn't nearly as fast as we thought he was going to be. He was chased down from behind by a defensive lineman once this season.

Doctor J ~

From what i've heard (from people who know more than I do), read, and seen, it seems to be a combination of two things. First, he didn't get here until August and he really never got a full grasp of the offense. Additionally, he wasn't nearly as fast as we thought he was going to be. He was chased down from behind by a defensive lineman once this season.

I think it had more to do with him not getting here until August. Getting caught from behind by the lineman is being overblown. Remember, he was following blockers and may have not been going full speed while trying to read the blocks. What I haven't heard is any reports from practices that said he was slower than what they thought they had.

With that said, I like to see Brewster having a policy of not signing any Jucos if they can't report early. I could see giving a defensive player a little extra time like the beginning of summer, but any offensive player should be here for spring practice. Otherwise, they will only contribute for one year at best, after a year of not playing while learning the system.

Top Bottom