Here we go holers, Bama or TX?

Eh, it hasn't been widely publicized. And he's been hiding it fairly well, I think. But every once and a while you can tell something is up.

The kid really hasn't been throwing the ball that poorly. The Texas receivers have not shown up tonight. If they could catch, they would have at least had a touchdown and not had that interception before half, and this would still be a game. Not to mention two more drops on the most recent drive.

The kid definitely has skills. He was the number 2 QB in the nation last year according to rivals. I'm not saying he should be blamed for Texas losing, but some I'm sure will.

The kid definitely has skills. He was the number 2 QB in the nation last year according to rivals. I'm not saying he should be blamed for Texas losing, but some I'm sure will.

Haven't you heard? Rival ratings don't mean anything.

Awesome kick. Right into the middle of the Bama guy up front.

The Gophers beat Alabama in the Music City Bowl only five years ago? So how does a state with a smaller population than ours and four FBS teams in state get to the national championship while we, with one FBS team, are in the lower half of our conference every year? I have a thought, but I'd like to hear yours.

They are in the heart of the most talent rich part of the country, are considered a destination football school, have a top 5 coach, and everyone loves girls in houndstooth.

The Gophers beat Alabama in the Music City Bowl only five years ago? So how does a state with a smaller population than ours and four FBS teams in state get to the national championship while we, with one FBS team, are in the lower half of our conference every year? I have a thought, but I'd like to hear yours.
Forrest Gump wasn't a Gopher.

They are in the heart of the most talent rich part of the country, are considered a destination football school, have a top 5 coach, and everyone loves girls in houndstooth.

Good line about the houndstooth. But seriously, they have to share that talent with three other schools including Auburn which is pretty good most years. But clearly, the Southeast has more talent than the Midwest. But I think part of the difference is their fanaticism for college football. Arkansas has it, too. And Mississippi, and Nebraska, and Iowa, Kansas, Utah, Idaho. That draws the talent. Simply put, we have too many things here to cheer for (Vikings, Timberwolves, Gopher Basketball, Gopher Hockey, Wild, Twins -- and our cabins upNorth) to have the college football crazy atmosphere of some other states. Most Gopher fans are too young to remember how much enthusiasm there was for the Gophers before the Vikings, Twins, Timberwolves (Muskies, Pipers) and Wild (NorthStars) came here. Agree?

Wow. We've got a ballgame, folks.

Gilbert has a future ahead of him, that's for sure. If he manages to rally the Longhorns for the title...wow.

This QB has started playing pretty good for a freshman thrust into the starting role in the Nat'l Champ game. I think Texas will be in good hands in the future at QB.

Well, at least Texas made it interesting. As soon as I saw that guy coming around Gilbert's blind side, I knew that ball would end up on the ground.

I know everyone loves the wide-open, throw it everywhere offense, but it just shows that the old-fashioned halfback dive and stout defense can still be pretty darn successful.

I know everyone loves the wide-open, throw it everywhere offense, but it just shows that the old-fashioned halfback dive and stout defense can still be pretty darn successful.
When you have a Heisman winner at tailback, at least :D

The Texas defense was awesome in the second half, partly because Ingram was on the sideline for much of it. Only points they gave up were after the fumble within their on 5 yd line.

edit: And that last one, since Saban is too much of a giant d0uche to take a knee.

Top Bottom