Halfway through Spring, Ohio State has no leader out of three QBS

swingman

Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State football coach Ryan Day insists, halfway through spring camp, that no separation exists in his three-way quarterback battle.

He said Monday he wished he had 18 months to prepare that trio for opening day. Yet he had only six when spring practice began, and when it ends he’ll be down to five.

“I think they they’ve done a decent job of learning each day, so I think that’s been a positive,” Day said. “I think their lack of reps — it’s hard. They need so many reps of everything. ”

It’s time to rip a page out of the Jerry Kill play book and upset your talented qb to the point that he leaves the program.

Remember vividly when we opened with TCU in 2015.

Both teams came to play and win...and both teams sustained injuries that day that dogged them the rest of the season.

Football is funny that way. You get a marquee match-up the first game of the year and the underdog thinks that's their only shot...go at them with everything you've got and maybe pull it off...

Not saying you should lie down and just not compete but these types of games can impact a whole season...sometimes good but often bad...at least for the lesser program.

Regardless, hoping to have 2 butts in the seats for this one at TCF. A win would automatically rank higher than PSU in 2019.

Last edited:

Both teams came to play and win...and both teams sustained injuries that day that dogged them the rest of the season.

Football is funny that way. You get a marquee match-up the first game of the year and the underdog thinks that's their only shot...go at them with everything you've got and maybe pull it off...

Not saying you should lie down and just not compete but these types of games can impact a whole season...sometimes good but often bad...at least for the lesser program.

Regardless, hoping to have 2 butts in the seats for this one at TCF. A win would automatically rank higher than PSU in 1019.
It was a fun game but I really felt both teams in the TCU game were rusty.

It’s time to rip a page out of the Jerry Kill play book and upset your talented qb to the point that he leaves the program.
We all have some sort of ptsd from gopher athletics, but perhaps it's timeto move on, goosefraba...?

Do you think we've reached out to Ohio St. to assure them that we won't embarrass them so that they still will show up?

I'll volunteer to lead them. "OK boys, back into the tunnel!" "I don't want any of you to get hurt by a physically superior team"

When you have 3 QB’s, you actually have none (at least, it has been said). Huge underdogs regardless of when this game is played but this is probably among the best Windows to spring the upset.

When you have 3 QB’s, you actually have none (at least, it has been said). Huge underdogs regardless of when this game is played but this is probably among the best Windows to spring the upset.
Definitely. We are bringing back a ton of experience and they will be breaking in some new faces (albeit very talented new faces) in key roles like QB. They will be heavy favorites but as I and others have said before, first games are weird. You really don't know what you are going to get out of a team. So if we can hit the ground running we might just be able to catch them in a bit of a transition still.

Anything can happen. A few turnovers or key mistakes and a game can shift drastically one way or the other.

For most teams that's because it is unlikely you have 3 good QBs.... but Ohio St.

They probably have 3 QBs who can start .... just haven't picked one.

Regardless, hoping to have 2 butts in the seats for this one at TCF. A win would automatically rank higher than PSU in 2019.

Not sure OSU is considering this a "marquee match-up".

Need to channel the spirit of Travis Cole for this one...

A win would automatically rank higher than PSU in 2019.
In terms of the significance of the win, sure.

I am hopeful, but I am doubtful that the atmosphere will be able to touch what PSU 2019 was.

People are still going to be reluctant to be full out, and I'm not sure how much you can really let yourself get invested when there hasn't been any games yet and any build up.

I'm sure they'll figure it out considering their third string QB in 2014 crushed Wisconsin and won a national title.

1st quarter of this game is important. If the D can come out and cause some problems for OSUs offense in the 1st quarter, that could set the mood similar to the early interception in the PSU game. Obviously our offense also needs to show up as well, but I feel like the D has more of a chance to impact the mood of the game early on vs the offense.

If our D-Line and Linebackers don't improve the QB's might never have a chance to throw the ball. Not much incentive to pass if you can average 8 yds a carry.

My guess is we will tighten that loose screw up, but we will find out quick with OSU's line just where the weak spots are.

Top Bottom