Halftime competition

One of the better attempts. Plus points for the selfie prior to the kick. A lot of contestants don't even get the kick off the ground.

Sorry guys I never responded on here… I was so excited to go out there and compete at halftime, pretty disappointed I didn’t get it but that’s okay. The ball they gave me was super deflated so in my head I was thinking about that and worried it wouldn’t travel as far. The punt was really good, I was happy that it rolled to the 46, thought that would be a good distance. I was also happy with the throw, got myself down to a reasonable kicking distance from the 15. I told my friend in sports marketing that I was gonna take a selfie before the kick and she told me that was fine so I had to pull the trigger. After that, I realized “oh crap, those posts look a lot closer together with all those people” and was still thinking about the deflated ball. I stepped off right, but planted too early and ended up putting a weird spin on the ball since I kicked across instead of straight. I knew immediately that it wasn’t gonna be good, and said the f-bomb but luckily they didn’t have any mics near me.

Still got $50 to Cub and really enjoyed the whole thing. Gonna try to do it again next year when it’s warmer if I can, but I don’t think they let you repeat, not totally sure.

The selfie file is too big to upload, but it’s a clear picture.

Watched it live and thought you did fine.

HOWEVER...we've now got our own case of DeflateGate to deal with...?o_O

1701318915892.png

Top Bottom