Hageman & Carter

I'm hoping Carter is redshirting and not just a player who has fallen through the cracks. Who knows though? His career has been nothing but ups and downs (mostly downs since his freshman year).

When I saw that play it looked like Lewis misread the call from Stoudemire. I didn't notice how the coverage shaped up, but after the play Stoudemire went over to (evidently) Lewis and repeated the signal he gave pre-snap and got in his face a little bit about it. I interpreted it as him explaining the signal.

I was watching on television and I missed the Stoudermire/Lewis conversation, but Troy sure plays with an edge and he's not afraid to get in anyone's face (as last year's coaching staff can attest) during the game. He's been up-and-down a bit on the corner, but you can tell the kid has ability. He's just a really good football player who is still trying to find that one place where that ability can be best applied.

Regarding Carter if you watch the highlight video from Miami (Ohio) game you can see Carter suited up wearing a baseball cap in a few frames at least. Whenever he shows up in the video though he is very animated, cheering on his teammates and very into what is happening in the game.

Here's the highlight video (which is sweet by the way):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2x-ecP8k20&feature=player_embedded

Watch the highlight video on the gopher gridiron site. Carter at one point is yelling and cheering for the D and really pumped up. Did not strike me as a guy who is not buying into the system. Hopefully it's a red shirt.

Carter and Watkins both stand right in front of my seats. They both are in pads, but they both have baseball hats on, and never have a helmet anywhere near them. Don't know why, but it isn't a good sign when they have ball caps on. I was hoping both would be starting or first off the bench type of players.

Carter is being red-shirted, not sure about Watkins but my guess would be the same.

Carter is being red-shirted, not sure about Watkins but my guess would be the same.

Watkins already red-shirted according to someone else on this thread (I seem to remember that as well). I fully expect Carter to be a factor at some point in the future.

Watkins already red-shirted according to someone else on this thread (I seem to remember that as well). I fully expect Carter to be a factor at some point in the future.

Kenny Watkins is listed as a Soph. and played in 4 games last year. Carter is a Jr. Neither have used a RS.

I'm truly puzzled on Watkins. He was a 2009 commit who is listed as a sophomore, which would mean that he has red-shirted, but I seem to remember that he played some on special teams during the 2009 season (although that's not listed in his bio) which ticked a number of people off.

Kenny Watkins is listed as a Soph. and played in 4 games last year. Carter is a Jr. Neither have used a RS.

Watkins is a RS Soph. He signed in 2009 and redshirted that season. He is listed as having participated in the Air Force (http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/080311aba.html) and Iowa St. (http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/080311aap.html) games that year, but I am not certain if those were merely a clerical error or what the case is. What is certain, however, is that Watkins was granted a redshirt for the 2009 season.

Top Bottom