Gophers ticket allotment sold out

discochris said:
How is that even possible? Are there that many people who just want to go see a random football game on a Tuesday night?

You know that I was asking how the game could be a sellout even before the teams were announced and the school tickets were allotted. Of course you do, but you're being a jackhole. I was legit wondering who all those tickets go to, especially since the team allotments seem to be pretty bad seats.

And I still wonder that, considering how many empty seats I'm seeing on other bowl games.

That said, super happy to see the Gophers sold all their tickets. Hopefully we're shedding that reputation for not traveling.

I know of some locals that have purchase there or gotten there tickets from Veterans groups for the bowl game. There will a fairly large Gopher crowd at this game with all of the Ex Pats in Arizona and Alums.

discochris said:
How is that even possible? Are there that many people who just want to go see a random football game on a Tuesday night?

You know that I was asking how the game could be a sellout even before the teams were announced and the school tickets were allotted. Of course you do, but you're being a jackhole. I was legit wondering who all those tickets go to, especially since the team allotments seem to be pretty bad seats.

And I still wonder that, considering how many empty seats I'm seeing on other bowl games.

That said, super happy to see the Gophers sold all their tickets. Hopefully we're shedding that reputation for not traveling.
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Meanwhile, tOSU returns about 7,000 of their 20,000 allotment to the Rose Bowl.

Spoiled brats.
Do think you're correct. They have had many good bowl games in the past. At the same time, sign of the times.

When I was leaving the Outback Bowl game I was totally surrounded by maroon and gold clad fans. It was leaving a Gopher game in MSP. Way more than 10,000 fans.
At the time the numbers being thrown around were in the 22,000-23,000. It was quite the sight. Definitely outnumbered the Auburn faithful for that one. Smattering of other B1G team fans represented too...was fun to see.

Just looked at the official website and not a lot of tickets left. Should be a good crowd.

At the time the numbers being thrown around were in the 22,000-23,000. It was quite the sight. Definitely outnumbered the Auburn faithful for that one. Smattering of other B1G team fans represented too...was fun to see.
I was amused at the rando Nebraska fans here and there.

They were cheering for the Gophers, very cool.

It's definitely the on point look when wearing a suit in warm weather locales. PJ knows.
I mean, to each their own. Seems kinda sweaty and gross to me.

For sure.
No doubt in my mind we wanted Outback and when it became apparent we weren’t getting it we asked for Phoenix over Nashville and Vegas

The Pinstripe in NY was technically higher in the pecking order too. Thank goodness they avoided that mess.

Top Bottom