Gophers receive commitment from Michigan Grad Transfer Ben St-Juste

I thought the heating Coyles were reinstalled because of how mad Gopherholers got about them being removed.

Seems to good to be true. I am tempering my optimism until we see how healthy he is.

Benjamin St-Juste
CLASS Sophomore
POSITION DB
HEIGHT 6-3
WEIGHT 196
HOMETOWN Rosemere, Quebec
Honors and Rankings
ESPN three-star prospect, rated the No. 2 player in Canada and the No. 84 cornerback in the country
• 247.com four-star prospect, ranked the No. 38 cornerback and No. 1 player in Quebec
• Scout three-star prospect and rated as the No. 39 cornerback nationally
• PrepStar four-star recruit and ranked No. 338 overall prospect nationally
• PrepStar Top 350 All-American selection
• Quebec Student Sports Federation Division I All-Star as a cornerback
• Ranked the No. 7 player in Canada by CanadaFootballChat.com
• Attended the 2016 The Opening in Beaverton, Oregon
• Recognized as a Division I (highest division) All-Star at cornerback by CanadaFootballChat.com

confused-baby.jpg

I questioned the same thing. Other question, can you be All-American if you're not American? Seems like an oxymoron. What nation was he the No. 39 cornerback by Scout?

No one said it never happens.

Many said it doesn't happen to multiple players on each team every year to make the numbers work.

Case in point, when it did happen to St-Juste, we all heard about it.

Yeah. What he said. But it definitely never ever happens on a PJ Fleck coached team for sure. He only cares about the players. He would never force anyone out. Ever. Never. Ever. He's such a good man. Never thinks about himself. Only tells the truth. Only he in the history of football cares about players beyond football.

Don't believe me? Just ask him. or suggest otherwise on this board.

I questioned the same thing. Other question, can you be All-American if you're not American? Seems like an oxymoron. What nation was he the No. 39 cornerback by Scout?

Canada is a part of America.....just saying. The continent North America consists of Canada, the US and Mexico. All three are a part of the same America. They are not a part of the United States of America, however.

My goodness, had he committed out of high school it would have been the second coming. Okay, he is not a virgin, get over it. He is a very smart guy with excellent physical attributes. Let's see how it plays out. I'm thinking a great addition.

My goodness, had he committed out of high school it would have been the second coming. Okay, he is not a virgin, get over it. He is a very smart guy with excellent physical attributes. Let's see how it plays out. I'm thinking a great addition.

What does his sexual history have to do with anything?

Yeah. What he said. But it definitely never ever happens on a PJ Fleck coached team for sure. He only cares about the players. He would never force anyone out. Ever. Never. Ever. He's such a good man. Never thinks about himself. Only tells the truth. Only he in the history of football cares about players beyond football.

Don't believe me? Just ask him. or suggest otherwise on this board.

I’m sure we’ll hear about it when it happens. Just like we heard about the guys at Michigan that Harbaugh ran off, right?

<b>No one said it never happens.</b>

Many said it doesn't happen to multiple players on each team every year to make the numbers work.

Case in point, when it did happen to St-Juste, we all heard about it.

You literally did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m wrong. Harbaugh pulled it. It happened.

We also heard about it from St Juste and he was pissed. Just like we would from lots of players if it happened to multiple players every year at every school.

per MLive:

St-Juste announced earlier this month plans to leave Michigan, just days after taking to Instagram to dispute Michigan’s claim he actively took a medical retirement. He did not play for the Wolverines in 2018, though the nature of his injury situation is unclear.

St-Juste has not returned a message from MLive seeking comment.

The Montreal, Quebec, native was sidelined for the 2018 Outback Bowl with a hamstring injury, after playing in 12 games as a true freshman in 2017. St-Juste was granted a medical hardship waiver by the NCAA, according to a source, giving him three years of eligibility. And because he graduated, he’ll be eligible to play in the fall.

A Michigan spokesman said earlier this month that St-Juste has not been medically cleared to play football at the school in 2019.

He was once a four-star prospect and ranked No. 38 among cornerbacks in the 2017 recruiting class by 247Sports. Now, St-Juste will get another crack at it under head coach P.J. Fleck.

Michigan and Minnesota are not scheduled to play during the 2019 season. The next football game between the two programs is set for Oct. 17, 2020, in Minneapolis.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/20...min-st-juste-plans-transfer-to-minnesota.html

Go Gophers!!

Graduated in 2 years at Michigan somehow and was granted an extra year by NCAA. Grad transfer allows immediate eligibility with 3 years to play.

Likely did PSEO classes in high school so he came in as a academic Junior. Two years, with one red shirt, before he graduated means he has three years left of eligibility.

Perhaps not being cleared by team doctors is The Michigan Way to lighten their roster for incoming recruits. I can't envision locking up a scholarship for a player that a) Michigan can't recommend and b) the MN team doctor hasn't consulted about with his Michigan counterpart. Obviously there are nuances to this story neither fanbase seems to know about.

Nailed it.

Likely did PSEO classes in high school so he came in as a academic Junior. Two years, with one red shirt, before he graduated means he has three years left of eligibility.

It's a little screwy, but basically they have an extra year of HS in Canada before they head to college, if I'm not mistaken? I believe St Juste only did an extra half year of HS & then enrolled early at Michigan. He may have had a year's worth of college credits racked up when he early enrolled at Michigan?

I’m wrong. Harbaugh pulled it. It happened.

We also heard about it from St Juste and he was pissed. Just like we would from lots of players if it happened to multiple players every year at every school.

There are allegations that it happens every year. There is also an obvious incentive why the player would agree that "it's mutual".

There are allegations that it happens every year. <b>There is also an obvious incentive why the player would agree that "it's mutual".</b>

I agree. But, not as obvious to everyone as one might think.

I agree. But, not as obvious to everyone as one might think.

So you think this happens all the time despite little evidence, which you think is due to them fearing some sort of retaliation/besmirching from the former coaches? Yet once these kids find a new school they can easily leak what happened with little to fear, yet that rarely happens.

So you think this happens all the time despite little evidence, which you think is due to them fearing some sort of retaliation/besmirching from the former coaches? Yet once these kids find a new school they can easily leak what happened with little to fear, yet that rarely happens.

I have evidence. The numbers work out virtually every year at every single team. This doesn’t take Einstein to figure out.

I have evidence. The numbers work out virtually every year at every single team. This doesn’t take Einstein to figure out.

That is not evidence. It's pretty easy to make the numbers work without having to force anyone out.

That is not evidence. It's pretty easy to make the numbers work without having to force anyone out.

I figure this has been talked to death, and you can have your opinion, but sometimes one has to be willing to look behind the curtain. How would it be “pretty easy”?

Signing day is many months before some of these kids leave, and the commits that take their spots often verbal months before that. Sure, of course, the coaches know well ahead of time too in many cases when a kid plans to leave - but always? No kid decides later on? No kid changes his mind? You don’t find it odd when so many teams sign “too many” kids each February (or December in some cases now), only to have the numbers work out in the end?

I never said it happens to multiple players on every team every year like someone is now promoting, but I do think it happens to multiple players every year and at some point most (likely not every) teams are forced to do it. Seems it happened in MI and I also linked a story recently about it happening in Florida.

Let’s just agree to disagree.

I figure this has been talked to death, and you can have your opinion, but sometimes one has to be willing to look behind the curtain. How would it be “pretty easy”?

Signing day is many months before some of these kids leave, and the commits that take their spots often verbal months before that. Sure, of course, the coaches know well ahead of time too in many cases when a kid plans to leave - but always? No kid decides later on? No kid changes his mind? You don’t find it odd when so many teams sign “too many” kids each February (or December in some cases now), only to have the numbers work out in the end?

I never said it happens to multiple players on every team every year like someone is now promoting, but I do think it happens to multiple players every year and at some point most (likely not every) teams are forced to do it. Seems it happened in MI and I also linked a story recently about it happening in Florida.

Let’s just agree to disagree.

Seriously, start a new thread & keep your little feud there. You derailing all these threads because your ego is bruised, makes this board virtually unreadable.

Seriously, start a new thread & keep your little feud there. You derailing all these threads because your ego is bruised, makes this board virtually unreadable.

+1

He wants to agree to disagree but brings it up 5 times a day on every thread.

Seriously? Getting “pushed out” isn’t on topic for this thread? Gotcha.
Ego bruised? This thread supports my opinion. Gotcha.

Top Bottom