Gophers planning on switching home field sides next season

this may have been mentioned already, I didnt' read the whole thread, but to me this is coming from Claeys 100%. Despite his ample insulation, he seems to really struggle with staying warm. Even on hot days where I'm baking, he seems like he's wearing long sleeves or sweatshirt/pullover jacket. If I'm right, that seems like a mistake. And it seems like for late in the year games, both sidelines are basically shaded for much of the game or at least parts, it's really the Sept/Aug games where the sun is blazing on the visitor side, why would you want players sitting in that? I'm opposed.

Yeah I think it's a little strange as well. Like I mentioned above, I think they should choose a side before each game depending on the weather. However, I think they would end up choosing the current, shady side more often than the sunny side.

When the stadium design was first unveiled i always questioned why they wanted to put the press box on the south side. Casts so much shade!

Maybe on purpose? I agree it would be way better the other way around. Maybe it was for parking and logistics convenience.

Maybe on purpose? I agree it would be way better the other way around. Maybe it was for parking and logistics convenience.

If the press boxes were on the other side with the sun shining on it, it could create a nasty glare/reflection off of the glass. Plus it's likely they didn't want them to look towards or bake in the sun.

If the press boxes were on the other side with the sun shining on it, it could create a nasty glare/reflection off of the glass. Plus it's likely they didn't want them to look towards or bake in the sun.

And it's probably easier to put those "lizard light" heaters as my buddy calls them in the high roller suites and boxes to deal with the cold than some sort of outdoor air conditioning to deal with the heat.

I'm convinced there isn't a coach or player we wouldn't change out or anything the folks on this forum wouldn't redesign... including their own ideas.

I guess I never understood the "home-side" seating mentality. It's not like you're huddling with the players. It's not like on the other side you're surrounded by visiting fans. I guess during the game I'm looking at the field or the cheerleaders (which spend a fair amount of time on our side) anyway for the most part. I really don't look at the bench, whether it's the Gophers' or visitors'.

If you want shade, then it makes all the sense in the world.

But I can honestly say, I've never regretted being on the sun side. Granted I did miss the NMSU game in 2011 as we extended our stay out in California after the USC game.

I'm in Sec 140 and I would love to be in the sun but I chose the home side. If they switch sides I want to switch also. They could do another seat picking like they originally did by points.

Can't see that happening at all. Plenty of seats for you to pick from next year.

Illinois 2009

One of the warmer days I remember was actually a November game vs Illinois. A bunch of Illini students were sitting next to us. One of them was especially rowdy and fueled by fireballs. By the 2nd quarter he fell asleep. When his buddies were carrying him out of the game, half of his face/neck had severe sunburn.

Good times.

When the stadium design was first unveiled i always questioned why they wanted to put the press box on the south side. Casts so much shade!

So that the people in the press box, and oh, the TV cameras can "see".

This thread is going completely bonkers.

Boy, if it stops TC from having to bundle up so much then I am all for it. That just sends the wrong message to the players. Bud Grant wouldn't have done that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about TC but the Billds will be bundled today.

Should be great FB weather but will certainly be looking for sunshine...both on the scoreboard and our faces with a "W" today.

Top Bottom