Gophers open +6 at UNC

fmlizard

Reaction score
Draftkings keeps the early line under a TD

Should be a close game

OK, I’ll take us as underdogs.

We should treat this game like it’s our bowl game!

Let’s get it.

Yea, I firmly.have the Gophers to keep it under a TD at least. Developing story here if it's an upset.

The Gophers are a tough out on the road.

I’d lay the 6 on the Tar Heels all day long. Gophers have shown nothing to indicate they can compete in the road against a top 20 team.

I hope they can but it’s doubtful
Well, I wouldn't say the Gophers have done nothing. Offense has been inconsistent, but our D has been solid.

And on the UNC side, they haven't proven they're a legit top 20 team yet.

It's going to be an extremely interesting game.

Can the Gopher defense hold up against a QB who is rated as an early first round NFL pick?

Can the Gopher offense find an identity and perform at a high level against a ranked team on the road?

I’d lay the 6 on the Tar Heels all day long. Gophers have shown nothing to indicate they can compete in the road against a top 20 team.

I hope they can but it’s doubtful
UNC's defense was terrible last year and don't think much has changed. At home, UNC barely beat a G5 team that was 6-6 last year and 3-5 in conference play. Lost their final four games last year. Honestly don't know why they are ranked, but I'll take beating a top 20 team on the road.

UNC's defense was terrible last year and don't think much has changed. At home, UNC barely beat a G5 team that was 6-6 last year and 3-5 in conference play. Lost their final four games last year. Honestly don't know why they are ranked, but I'll take beating a top 20 team on the road.
Ok let’s bet 5 bucks on it. I’ll take the Tar Heels -6.

I am going to be at an out of town wedding. Sigh. I think I'll avoid updates and try to watch later.

OK, I’ll take us as underdogs.

We should treat this game like it’s our bowl game!

Let’s get it.
The opponent the following week is nobody. With that said, why not.

I don't put much stock in comparative scores. for me, it's about matchups.

How does the Gopher offense match up against the UNC defense and vice-versa?

just because Team A did something that worked against Team B, that does not mean that Team C can run the same play - because Team C has different players with different strengths and weaknesses.

I think Rossi can come up with a scheme that will keep the game close. from there, it's up to the offense to capitalize on opportunities - including getting TD's in the red zone instead of FG's.

just because Team A did something that worked against Team B, that does not mean that Team C can run the same play - because Team C has different players with different strengths and weaknesses.

I think Rossi can come up with a scheme that will keep the game close. from there, it's up to the offense to capitalize on opportunities - including getting TD's in the red zone instead of FG's.
Ill agree that it’s a decent bet that Rossi will have the defense cooking.

I worry about the offense.

I think we actually matchup reasonably well with UNC. Good to great DBs on their WRs to keep Maye in check and we're better vs the run than App State. App killed UNC on intermediate passing (where SC is a deep shot team which is why Rattler was getting murdered all day trying to get his guys downfield) and on the ground. Should be some fun strength on strength when UNC has the ball and some places I hope our offense can exploit. Hard to know which way this one goes

saw this in a Strib article.

Gophers are playing a true road non-conference game against a ranked opponent (in AP top 25).

last time that happened was 2011 - Gophers lost at (#25) USC 19-17 in Kill's 1st year. Prior to that - 2006 - Gophers lost at (#22) California 42-17.

last time Gophers defeated a ranked team in a road non-conference game........1960 - beat (#12) Nebraska 26-14.

Since 1960, Gophers are 1-10-1 in road non-conference games vs ranked opponents.

96% of early money on UNC. Line up to -7.5

I'm guessing the betting world sees Minnesota stumble in the red zone, a dropped pass for an interception, and UNC quarterback fighting off two Minnesota sackers for a deep strike that wins the game.

Or Minnesota can fix the scoring issues and win this thing.

North Carolina also has a tough match here too. They surely want to stop the run and force the young Minnesota QB to prove it -- and the UNC secondary is so-so.

And an over under about 50. So Vegas saying about 29-21 UNC. I like the on paper matchup with a Gopher team that’s going to try milk clock all day. I like us +7.5 especially given Mack really slows down and goes conservative with the lead in the 4th so lots of ways to make that cover happen (if not win outright)

Top Bottom