Gophers/Northwestern Post-Game Rant Thread

His title infers transfer(Not JUCO) he gave a list of graduate transfers. Pretty sure he meant any transfer with immediate eligibility to help the team. More than likely was just a mistype.

Kill is ultimately responsible for employing Matt Limegrover and Limegrower is the weakest link. Limegrover has no place designing game plans and calling plays at this level.

How can you design a game plan when the defense doesn't even have to worry about 90% of the field? The entire threat of our offense (under Leidner) was contained within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. So while yes, Kill and Limegrover are to blame for putting us in this position, it'd TBD on what Limegrover can do when he actually has something to work with.

His title infers transfer(Not JUCO) he gave a list of graduate transfers. Pretty sure he meant any transfer with immediate eligibility to help the team. More than likely was just a mistype.

Yeah I give up.

Either a Juco or a graduate transfer...

Everyone knew our QB situation. We would have offered a chance to compete for a starting job in the Big Ten with a very good defense (can't put the 27 points on them when the O isn't doing a thing).

How on earth did we not get someone in here?

The coaches thought it would have hurt Leidner's feelings?

please stop while you are WAY behind. this thread is ridiculous.

I agree...yes I'm very disappointed too. Really what does all this do for recruiting,building the program etc. yes we fallen behind this year compared to what we normally do, but throw everyone under the bus? Really sad In a sense that the true characters of the fan base comes out big time. Pretty ugly fans in my opinion. Oh yeah bring it on if it makes You feel better.

I agree...yes I'm very disappointed too. Really what does all this do for recruiting,building the program etc. yes we fallen behind this year compared to what we normally do, but throw everyone under the bus? Really sad In a sense that the true characters of the fan base comes out big time. Pretty ugly fans in my opinion. Oh yeah bring it on if it makes You feel better.

It was an utter disaster. You can be dispassionate but quit the high and mighty act.

Only thing I can think of as well.

Can we have an all things Gopher football thread? Let's just combine everything into one thread.

This. Sorry mods but really bad idea. Mish mosh. If you don't like to see negativity just shut 'er down for about a week.

The offensive line is not playing well. However, with a QB that is no threat to beat you it is easy to sell out on the run. This gives the O-line no shot. They also sell out with blitzes in passing situations because the QB has been no threat, to beat them with the pas or take off and run. You at least need an average QB or almost any o-line will not look good.

This. Sorry mods but really bad idea. Mish mosh. If you don't like to see negativity just shut 'er down for about a week.

Didn't think I was just blindly ranting and raving for catches heads as much as saying I can't believe we made the decision to roll with what we had. Not like QB decimated by injuries this year, or we just missed out on a transfer (graduate or juco) or a big time HS QB recruit.

I'm shocked we saw last years QB performance and didn't search hell and high water for a transfer to fill the hole and/or provide Mitch some comp.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what thread or topic you're referring to.

Thanks mods.

Clw11SX.jpg

A rant omnibus thread is just not a good idea, nor one that could ever be enforced or implemented well. This is a sports board - you trim the worst of the ****posts and just let the rest of it happen as it may.

Rank the following 1-4, with one being the person/unit you blame the most: Jerry Kill, Mitch Leidner, Matt Limegrover, our O-line

My rankings:

1) Limegrover
2) Kill
3) Offensive Line
4) Leidner

Mine:

1. Offensive line
2. Offensive line
3. Leidner
4. Offensive line and injuries

Coaches period! They are doing nothing to build confidence in offense. They don't even look like they're having fun when they make plays.

However, can we blame northwestern's legit defense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this was week 1 of struggles that would be understandable but we were awful against Kent St and CSU as well

Kill- it starts at the top, and it's his fault for sticking with both Leidner and Limey
Limegrover- OC/line coach and play caller
Zibrowski (sp?)- it's his job to develop a quarterback, which he hasn't done yet
Leidner- needed to be more accurate and a better decision maker

+100 -- year 5 their can be no excuses for depth

Starting to understand, folks?

#OneMoreYear

Understand what? You've never given any specifics to why you believe Kill sucks. You have always just said he is a bad coach and that everyone else is an idiot because they don't believe the same thing.

Also, I thought this was going to be the last year of Kill in MN?

Most embarrassing performance since...

I'm gonna go with Iowa, 2013. Even less total offense in that game. Man, I was pretty low after that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not really a rant (although I did plenty of that to the ppl around me during the game!) Just a few questions I was pondering on my drive back from that embarrassment:

1) Where was Brooks in the 2nd half? He looked very effective early in the game...and they were riding him hard.

2) Did Gentry or Still catch a pass? I admittedly left early, but they certainly made zero impact when it mattered. Would've liked to see a deep shot or two when we were struggling. None of the 3 top WRs has the speed to separate from coverage.

3) Why does the staff waste at least 1 timeout / game? High school teams are more prepared in certain situations than our offense. Not knowing whether you were going to go for it on 4th after a 4 yard gain, for example. You'd think it would've been discussed prior to the play. If we gain 4 or less, X...if we gain 5-7, Y.

4) I know defense isn't an issue in general, but the lack of pass rush concerns me. Their QB was largely untouched in the pocket all day. Most D1 QBs will look like a million bucks in those circumstances, and he certainly did. Hit about every big throw he needed to make, most on easy timing routes.

I have other questions, but I need to get back to self-medicating with beer and other games.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

How can you design a game plan when the defense doesn't even have to worry about 90% of the field? The entire threat of our offense (under Leidner) was contained within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. So while yes, Kill and Limegrover are to blame for putting us in this position, it'd TBD on what Limegrover can do when he actually has something to work with.

Some posters have suggested that Limegrover is on a short leash. He's called some imaginative games in the past (Nebraska, '13, e.g.); is Kill the problem?

Some posters have suggested that Limegrover is on a short leash. He's called some imaginative games in the past (Nebraska, '13, e.g.); is Kill the problem?

Neither is true. Kill is NOT on a short leash, and therefore his loyalty to his coordinators means they aren't either.

Top Bottom