Gophers lose TE coach.

from Randy Johnson in the Strib:

Andrew Sowder didn't last long as the Gophers' primary tight ends coach after being hired in January.

On Sept. 30, a few games into the season, head coach P.J. Fleck acknowledged that quality control coach Brian Sheehan was working with the tight ends. And Monday, a source with knowledge of the situation told the Star Tribune that Sowder has left the program.

After the Sept. 30 game against Louisiana, Fleck was asked about Sheehan working with the tight ends.

"I'm just moving some things around and just finding ways to get guys to play to where they need to play,'' Fleck said. "So, everybody's still on our staff.''

Brewster is not coming back here. from what I hear, he has blocked most of the Twin Cities people on his Twitter account. I don't think he looks back on his time at MN very fondly.
I’m no longer on Twitter X but he did block me. I haven’t seen him yet on Mastadon.

My personal hope is a top down house cleaning to spark change and enthusiasm. Losing any recruits in the era of the portal isn’t as debilitiating.
PJ Fleck must have serious conversations with himself. He has managed a balancing act over the last few years and has done a remarkable job in developing kids into men.

The reality is that it is tough rowing the boat with the changes in the Big Ten. He must figure out recruiting at a higher level. Will he sacrifice APR to get top talent in the portal?

IMHO, the Offense needs retooling. To attract talent, we need better coaching and opening the offense. Being run-heavy all the time may steer better WR talent away.

Top Bottom