Gophers lose TE coach.

correct me if I'm wrong - but I think that Fleck made a change midway through the season - took Sowder off the TE position and swapped him out with some guy who had been in an 'analyst' role.

I remember Ryan Burns talking about it on the Gridiron podcast.

So Sowder might have been on his way out anyway. guess he though being an agent was better than whatever prospects he had for continuing in coaching.

Chili-Con-Carne-f2.jpg

So is this the original that was replaced mid-season (and now officially moving on), or the replacement?

Brewster is not coming back here. from what I hear, he has blocked most of the Twin Cities people on his Twitter account. I don't think he looks back on his time at MN very fondly.

Brewster is not coming back here. from what I hear, he has blocked most of the Twin Cities people on his Twitter account. I don't think he looks back on his time at MN very fondly.
I have trouble believing he has been spending any time worrying about MN based twitter accounts recently.

And anyone giving Brewster shit 13 YEARS LATER ... probably should be blocked.

I'd avoid reading too much into twitter ...

The brew talk is mostly fun.

Is it his fault for our TEs having brick hands?

Apparently coaching Gopher tight ends wasn’t enough of sitting on the outside waiting for his time to get 3% of the action, like getting targeted, so he decided to become a coaches’ agent.

correct me if I'm wrong - but I think that Fleck made a change midway through the season - took Sowder off the TE position and swapped him out with some guy who had been in an 'analyst' role.

I remember Ryan Burns talking about it on the Gridiron podcast.

So Sowder might have been on his way out anyway. guess he thought being an agent was better than whatever prospects he had for continuing in coaching.
I remember Burns saying that about halfway through the season. Seems like Sowder hadn’t been coaching for awhile, and they were just waiting to make an official announcement at the end of the season.

Top Bottom