Gophers at Badgers Feb 2nd & 3rd 2024

Agreed those goalie interference borderline ones are a joke

Bone headed play by Lamb in a close game. Wtf

Oh, they didn't call it and I don't understand anything about the rules anymore.

So the refs are gonna let the play happen and then call a penalty after the goal is scored. That is absolute horseshit. The goalie ended up down and basically stopped playing. 2 gophers possesses the puck before the goal and the play continued.

Ten years later, Big Ten reffing still a fucking joke.

Joke of an acting job by McClellan there. Badgers sure love flopping around out there.

That was worse than the one they took away against MSU

Whatever happens in 3 on 3, another meh weekend result in this meh season (with a lot of credit to horseshit reffing).

Snuggerud disappears for weeks at a time.

Such a shame that two great battles between great rivals have to be determined by stupid 3 on 3 OT, or an even more stupid shootout.

By stopping to play the goalie basically forced the hand of the ref. The gophers have been on the wrong side of so many of these goalie interference calls it’s not even funny.

Whatever happens in 3 on 3, another meh weekend result in this meh season (with a lot of credit to horseshit reffing).

Going toe to toe on the road against a top 5 team (including being robbed of two goals tonight) is meh? You’re a fraud.

Ridiculous take. We’re on the road against #4 in the country.

Bob needs to move heaven and earth to get rid of the shootout. I have no bleeping clue what close was doing. He was 10 feet outside of the crease.

Two years in a row the stripes rob us of a win in Madison

Ridiculous take. We’re on the road against #4 in the country.
Gophers are firmly a 10th or so best team in the country and that is a disappointment based on realistic expectations pre season.

Motzko never makes adjustments. Seems to just let the team try to figure it out on talent alone.

PP has no structure and puck movement whatsoever.

badgers were missing their best player tonight.

I'm going into these weekends hoping the Gophers turn a corner and play like a contender for the title but it doesn't happen.

If they take six points at home against a stacked Michigan roster I'll call them a contender.

I’ll try to put my referee/OT frustration aside and take comfort in the fact that we went on the road against a top 5 team and were overall the better team. Gophers have just one loss in their last 9 games, we have tightened things up defensively, and coming off of a terrible Friday night performance in East Lansing, Close has now put together 3 very solid starts.

Gophers are firmly a 10th or so best team in the country and that is a disappointment based on realistic expectations pre season.

Motzko never makes adjustments. Seems to just let the team try to figure it out on talent alone.

I'm going into these weekends hoping the Gophers turn a corner and play like a contender for the title but it doesn't happen.

If they take six points at home against a stacked Michigan roster I'll call them a contender.
Badgers had their best player tonight. He just happened to be wearing black and white stripes instead of red.

We absolutely played like a title contender tonight and if you didn’t see that that’s your problem. I’m very encouraged after these two games. Close was locked in this weekend which is a great sign for the home stretch. We out shot the #4 team on the road by 20.

We absolutely played like a title contender tonight and if you didn’t see that that’s your problem. I’m very encouraged after these two games. Close was locked in this weekend which is a great sign for the home stretch. We out shot the #4 team on the road by 20.
I agree. We played well tonight and we are getting better as the season goes on. Anyone who wasn't encouraged by watching this weekend does not know much about hockey. Unless you are judging shootouts. We're terrible there.

I’ve honestly never seen a fan of any team with such a consistent glass half empty attitude like bonin.

I’ve honestly never seen a fan of any team with such a consistent glass half empty attitude like bonin.
It’s a shame because he knows a lot about college hockey on the national level but he is incapable of any objective thought. If he evaluated every team the way he does the gophers, nobody would be a contender.

Pssst, nobody cares who you call a contender because your analysis is garbage.

A stacked Michigan roster? The last two years would skate circles around this team.

That was some brutal officiating. Wisconsin goalie should be up for an Academy Award for his acting abilities.

All told, team is certainly figuring some things out. Well, except shootouts. Cripes those are bad.

Gophers men's hockey ties Wisconsin 1-1, loses shootout

Goals by Owen Finley and William Whitelaw gave the Badgers the extra point in the Big Ten standings.

Wisconsin has been the stingiest Division I men's hockey team this season, allowing an average of 1.89 goals per game behind the stellar goaltending of senior Kyle McClellan. So, it should be no surprise that entering Saturday's series finale against the Gophers, when the Badgers had scored first this season, they had a 16-0-1 record.

Make that 16-0-2.

The Gophers and Badgers tied 1-1 on Saturday night at a sold-out Kohl Center, and Wisconsin garnered the extra point in the Big Ten standings by winning the shootout 2-0 on goals by Owen Finley and William Whitelaw..

The Gophers appeared to tie the score 1-1 at 13:50 when Chesley fired a shot through traffic that beat McClellan. However, Badgers coach Mike Hastings challenged for goaltender interference because Moore made slight contact with McClellan at the top of the crease. After a lengthy video review, officials overturned the call on the ice and wiped out the goal...

The key sequence of the third period came with 2:40 left when Nevers fired a shot past McClellan for what appeared to be a 2-1 Minnesota lead. Instead, referees waved it off because Nelson had made contact with McClellan after being nudged off balance by Badgers defenseman Ben Dexheimer. McClellan lay on the ice for several seconds. He got back in position, and Nevers' shot got by him. Motzko unsuccessfully challenged the play..

We are all just waiting on pins and needles for you to declare this team a contender.

He was less than an inch away from ending in OT. If that wrister was a couple centimeters lower then we would be talking about how great he is.

This season might be disappointing but to me that’s because of what BC has put on the ice. Best college team I have ever seen.

Top Bottom