Gophers at Badgers Feb 2nd & 3rd 2024

I'm confused... If Michigan is "stacked", why are they below the Gophers in the standings and pairwise.
Michigan is a contender because their recruiting classes were ranked higher, duh

Could we hang a banner at Mariucci if that happens?
I don't think so. In fact, we should probably take down some of the existing banners. I am sure those championship teams all had flaws that would be unforgiveable in a certain poster's world.

He was less than an inch away from ending in OT. If that wrister was a couple centimeters lower then we would be talking about how great he is.

This season might be disappointing but to me that’s because of what BC has put on the ice. Best college team I have ever seen.
I’ll be curious to see what you say at the end of the year about BC. BU massively outplayed them the last game they played. They’re very good but I’d take even last years gophers over them.

I’ll be curious to see what you say at the end of the year about BC. BU massively outplayed them the last game they played. They’re very good but I’d take even last years gophers over them.
Last year's Gopher team was one of the best college teams I've seen in 15 years, and by far the best Gopher team in that time. Better than any team this year, too.

Since 3 in 3 doesn't matter when it counts, RW-RL record is interesting to check. Here's the top 9 teams ranked by that.
Qpac (18-2) 0.900
UND (17-2) 0.895
BC (17-4) 0.810
uw (18-5) 0.783
Maine (16-5) 0.762
MSU (18-6) 0.750
BU (15-5) 0.750
DU (16-7) 0.696
UMN (13-7) 0.65

Since 3 in 3 doesn't matter when it counts, RW-RL record is interesting to check. Here's the top 9 teams ranked by that.
Qpac (18-2) 0.900 with a loss to Colgate and BU
UND (17-2) 0.895 with losees to mn and bu
BC (17-4) 0.810 with loses to Denver Maine NE and providence
uw (18-5) 0.783 with losses to Denver Michigan Michigan state and AA
Maine (16-5) 0.762 with losses to QU NE BU and UConn
MSU (18-6) 0.750 with losses to Air Force, mn ND BC and Michigan
BU (15-5) 0.750 with losses to BC UNH ND Cornell
DU (16-7) 0.696 with losses to providence Omaha UND and WMU
UMN (13-7) 0.65 with losses to UND WI ND PSU CC and MSU
What a year of being absolutely wide open for the taking.

Whatever happens in 3 on 3, another meh weekend result in this meh season (with a lot of credit to horseshit reffing).

Snuggerud disappears for weeks at a time.
Is there actually nothing better you have to do than complain and whine about this team? I am far from the biggest optimist of all time but the way you talk about the gophers you would think they lose 7-0 every single game. They are kids man, and they outplayed the #4 team in the country at their place, and should've won if it weren't for some crazy calls. I would love to see you try and go out there and put up the production that Snuggy does. The only time he "disappeared" was when he was at Juniors winning a gold medal

My point with 81 is he's the best player on the team and if the Gophers are going to win 4 in a row at the end, they're going to need him to score in at least 2 of those games.

Badgers announcers calling this a split lol
I can see where they are coming from if they are referring only to conference standings points. That was 3-3 on the weekend. It was not a split in the terms of NCAA eyes, PWR.

Is there actually nothing better you have to do than complain and whine about this team? I am far from the biggest optimist of all time but the way you talk about the gophers you would think they lose 7-0 every single game. They are kids man, and they outplayed the #4 team in the country at their place, and should've won if it weren't for some crazy calls. I would love to see you try and go out there and put up the production that Snuggy does. The only time he "disappeared" was when he was at Juniors winning a gold medal
As LegalGopher, I'd assume you know 18 year olds are no longer kids. Stop trying to baby them.

They got stomped at BC on Friday and then played their balls off on Saturday at home and still lost because BC’s goalie was on fire.

Tomorrow night’s Beanpot should be a good game as well, but the thing that I’m seeing is BC playing the rest of the hockey east. They are scoring at will and have a good goaltender. I think there is far more separation between that team and the rest of the pack than people are admitting.

Make it make sense.
Goalie laid on the ice and made no attempt to get back in the net. The goal was scored AFTER he reestablished net presence. He was not examined for injury after the whole ordeal. So one can only conclude he was embellishing for the sake of trying to draw a penalty. If anything, the goal should have counted and a flopping penalty assessed. At bare minimum, the goal should have stood.

They got stomped at BC on Friday and then played their balls off on Saturday at home and still lost because BC’s goalie was on fire.

Tomorrow night’s Beanpot should be a good game as well, but the thing that I’m seeing is BC playing the rest of the hockey east. They are scoring at will and have a good goaltender. I think there is far more separation between that team and the rest of the pack than people are admitting.
Both BU and BC are top 4 title contenders, 100%. And most of us predicted that last summer based on their recruiting domination.

Goalie laid on the ice and made no attempt to get back in the net. The goal was scored AFTER he reestablished net presence. He was not examined for injury after the whole ordeal. So one can only conclude he was embellishing for the sake of trying to draw a penalty. If anything, the goal should have counted and a flopping penalty assessed. At bare minimum, the goal should have stood.

The ref forgot to call a penalty on Nelson. Then the goal is scored and the ref is screwed cause he can’t go back and call a penalty.

The ref forgot to call a penalty on Nelson. Then the goal is scored and the ref is screwed cause he can’t go back and call a penalty.
That's actually a fair point. I could have lived with that call much easier. I could make an argument that Nelson should have been called in that instance. I can see it the other way too. But if the ref decided that it wasn't a penalty, then the goal should have stood, 1000%.

This argument befuddles me. You can get B1G+ on the Minnesota school pass for 1 month for just under $11 for a month ($9.99 + taxes). Sign up, then cancel it 2 minutes later if you don't want to forget. You still get the full month of access.

If you did this last week before the Michigan St. game, you get three Gopher games (Mich.St./Wisco/Wisco) during your month of access. That's under $4 per game ($11/3). If you've ever paid for a ticket to go to a Gopher game at home, I bet you paid more than $4.

The cost, to me, isn't really a factor. If it's something else that makes it lame, that's a different issue to get over.
You obviously sound like a very wealthy individual. Most people that are rich need to tell you things like they have money or "cost is no factor", that is how you truly know if a person is wealthy. Sort of like how really cool people generally are the ones telling people openly they are really cool.

But some people are looking at the bigger picture when it comes to entertainment access. Just because it is 4 bucks a month for BTN Plus, 5 bucks for Peacock, 10 for Amazon, 7 for ESPN Plus, oh an another 3 for Amazon if you want to continue with no commercials and on and on. There are some things on there that is additional content from a few years ago, but much of it is extra costs for what used to be part of a 60 dollar cable package. That is where the frustration comes in.

Top Bottom