Gophers 2023 rushing yard leader will be...

Who will be the Gophers 2023 rushing yard leader?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure why it wouldn't be the guy who's rushed for over 2,200 the last last 2 seasons

I'm going to post this and duck to avoid the flames:

the Pac-12 just released its Preseason all-Conference team:

on the 1st team offense at RB - Bucky Irving, Oregon

(if only the Gophers had been able to afford him............)

I'm going to post this and duck to avoid the flames:

the Pac-12 just released its Preseason all-Conference team:

on the 1st team offense at RB - Bucky Irving, Oregon

(if only the Gophers had been able to afford him............)
I think he could have helped last year, but really don't miss him.

1000000350.png
Yardage after 2 games. Nubin, M. Williams and Evans with 0 carries.

Last edited:

I thought it would be Sean Tyler with a 4-star RB Taylor the future at some point.

It's clearly Darius Taylor now. Taylor has a shot at being special.

I still like Tyler.

After tonight’s game this looks like it could end up being spot on

Taylor is the best back. Glad he got a chance tonight. Hopefully it continues. Love the idea of splitting carries but he’s a stud. Needs to be the lead back. Proved it tonight. Will prove it again next week.

Taylor looks great, especially for a true freshman. I think Tyler looks good too but he better fix the fumbling or he will not see the field.

In the transfer portal if we can't find an offensive line that can create a crease to punch it in from the 3 regularly against a mid level MAC program.

#102 in the Sagarin's ratings for those of you continuing to claim this was a quality program that stymied our ground game inside the 5 last night.

This was the weakest team we'll play this season and they stoned our running game too often when it mattered, particularly in the red zone. The only people who think this was a quality team is the SID at Minnesota and the pathetic announcing crew last night (sorry Tommy).

In the transfer portal if we can't find an offensive line that can create a crease to punch it in from the 3 regularly against a mid level MAC program.

#102 in the Sagarin's ratings for those of you continuing to claim this was a quality program that stymied our ground game inside the 5 last night.

This was the weakest team we'll play this season and they stoned our running game too often when it mattered, particularly in the red zone. The only people who think this was a quality team is the SID at Minnesota and the pathetic announcing crew last night (sorry Tommy).

Thank you, Mr. Crabbypants. Great post.

I often wonder if Barreiro and/or Reusse post here under pseudonyms.

Last edited:

The Gopher running backs averaged 5.7 YPC and that includes many failed attempts inside the 5. We can agree the red zone offense needs some work while acknowledging the gophers ran all over them.

The Gopher running backs averaged 5.7 YPC and that includes many failed attempts inside the 5. We can agree the red zone offense needs some work while acknowledging the gophers ran all over them.
Agree. Can we also agree Sagarin ratings are especially worthless this early in the season?

Taylor looks great, especially for a true freshman. I think Tyler looks good too but he better fix the fumbling or he will not see the field.
He hasn't broken a tackle in 2 games. I don't think he's looked good at all.

I actually don't blame the inability to push it in from inside the 5.

Get into situations where everyone in the stadium knows what you are going to do (RUTM) and even much weaker teams can create a huge logjam of bodies in the middle of the field.

I blame un-creative playcalling inside the 10 and also a lack of long plays. The Gophers have often seemed like the kings of 1 yard touchdowns and that can be a symptom of not scoring very often from 10, 20, 30+ yards out.

The difference between the 2019 team's peak and the last couple years have been the receivers that scare teams and can make big explosive plays.

Glad to see Taylor get his shot and take advantage of it. He’s RB1.

Fleck basically said post-game that fumbling would cut play time and he is one if the issues in not being able to punch it in. I think Tyler really hurt his stock with Fleck these 2 games.

Agreed. He had some longer runs against EMU with massive holes. But that’s not special or difficult. That’s the minimum he should have been doing.

I didn't say we didn't run better in this game than against Nebraska.

I did say we need the o-line to improve from inside the 5.

Against the 102 ranked team in the country (Sagarin).

That gave up 200 rushing yards to Howard.

The Gophers won. If we want to be a team that is competing for a B1G championship, not be satisfied with an unimpressive win vs. an average MAC team, we have a long way to go.

You sure use that term "we" quite a bit when you clearly are not a fan of this team. Guess this place wouldn't be the same if all the clowns stopped posting. Speaking of that.....anyone seen Plato? He seems kind of quiet lately.....almost like the team he actually likes lost and the team he pretends to like won. :)

You sure use that term "we" quite a bit when you clearly are not a fan of this team. Guess this place wouldn't be the same if all the clowns stopped posting. Speaking of that.....anyone seen Plato? He seems kind of quiet lately.....almost like the team he actually likes lost and the team he pretends to like won. :)
I guess I didn't realize i needed your approval to be a fan of the school I went to, forgive me for using the "wrong" pronouns - in your opinion.

I also guess I need to stop listening to what Fleck says he's doing as a coach and what he expects of his team.

Instead I should be grateful when we win, and confused as to how it happened when we lose.

And yeah, we.

The Gophers won. If we want to be a team that is competing for a B1G championship, not be satisfied with an unimpressive win vs. an average MAC team, we have a long way to go.

I don’t know what Sagarin is or why it’s so important to you. I’m sure you’ll explain it though.

The gophers dominated a team from a lower conference that they should have dominated. If they executed better it could have easily been 40-6 or something silly. They didn’t. They’ll learn. I would be way more concerned had the gophers struggled to win while playing perfectly.

You like to reference what Fleck says. Pretty sure “failure is growth” or something is on his family crest. So with the failure (to execute inside the 10) the team will gROW (another one he likes).

EMU won nine games last year. Gophs held their offense to 6 points and under 160 yards. Won by 19.

Figured I would update this now that Evans has entered the mix and DT is injured for an unknown amount of time.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 142850.png

If we had Taylor and Evans evenly splitting carries I feel like our run game would be unstoppable.

I know many hate this, but with the portal it almost feels like you have to play someone like Taylor because he'll have suitors if he's unhappy.

I think he's too talented with the ball in his hands to keep off the field. I think he sees the field regardless, but his ability to do things like pass protect will determine what situations he plays.

Maybe he's a wonderful, unselfish, completely team first human being and has no issue taking a RS season, but I'm not banking on that 😂
The portal is anarchy. Should go back to the discipline of the previous transfer rules.

Figured I'd update this thread since the running back situation this year has more twists and turns than your mother's soap opera.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 193405.jpg

I’ll admit I was totally wrong on this one. I said Tyler. He’s gonna be lucky to be in the top 4

Top Bottom