Gopher Sign Three Local Players

per ryan james: carrington is signed. Expects Payne to sign this afternoon and JOJ likely tomorrow

any possible surprises? perhaps reeves or wilson?

per ryan james: carrington is signed. Expects Payne to sign this afternoon and JOJ likely tomorrow

any possible surprises? perhaps reeves or wilson?
Willie Wilson?

That would definitely be a surprise considering there has been zero chatter in regard to him.

If they sign Willie Wilson I’d be pretty disappointed

Payne is officially signed. JOJ officially signed. no others apparently

richard isaacs, pg, decommitted from ttech. gophers offered April 2 2021. #68 on 247
along with ttech his final four included Arizona State, Oklahoma State and UNLV. a Vegas guy, so maybe unlv?

richard isaacs, pg, decommitted from ttech. gophers offered April 2 2021. #68 on 247
along with ttech his final four included Arizona State, Oklahoma State and UNLV. a Vegas guy, so maybe unlv?
doesnt sound like he will be signing in the early cycle.

With all three (3) of the recruits being local, I’ll be spending more time than usual following MN HS Hoops this season. I’m excited to watch these guys develop.

I'm watching the interview of the 3 signees on youtube right now. One thing that frustrates me is the audio/visual quality. Some reporter asks a question but we can't hear that question on the video. Same with football press conferences. Then the coach looks off camera for 15-20 seconds of silence and then comes back with an answer about "him" or "he". I have exactly no idea who or what he is talking about. They need to improve their audio system during these press conferences.

KARE 11 features Holloman tonight instead of the three local Gopher signees, after pointing out in last years they are t signing local players. They could have gone with The U and St Thomas, but they feature a kid signing elsewhere. So ridiculous.

Looking at these three in view of the returning roster next year:

Payne 5
Thompson 4/5
Fox 4/5
Ihnen 4
Battle 3/4
Ola Joseph 3/4
Carrington 2
Thiam 2

5 open roster spots for the Spring - I have to think they sign 4 and perhaps give a year by year to Ramsberg who they obviously like. Has to be three guards and a big and the guards have to be plug and play, ready to go. I am actually gaining a little optimism that we could be decent next year if we can get the right transfer guards.

7th, 10th, and 11th best players in the state according to 247 Sports.
second, fourth and eighth according to Prep hoops, Well JOJ isn't ranked in MN in Prep Hoops, but his national ranking would put at seventh. National rankings are Payne at 83, Carrington at 140 and JOJ at 160

Prep Hoop rankings
Tre 56
Payne 83
Heide 128
Carrington 140
Lee 144
Watson149
King 150
JOJ 160
Prince 167

second, fourth and eighth according to Prep hoops, Well JOJ isn't ranked in MN in Prep Hoops, but his national ranking would put at seventh. National rankings are Payne at 83, Carrington at 140 and JOJ at 160

Prep Hoop rankings
Tre 56
Payne 83
Heide 128
Carrington 140
Lee 144
Watson149
King 150
JOJ 160
Prince 167
Those rankings are from a guy who’s seen them the most times and most recent and I think are the most trustworthy

Those rankings are from a guy who’s seen them the most times and most recent and I think are the most trustworthy
Yeah I agree for 2022 Prep hoops is the most accurate, each state has their own version of Ryan James and all of these kids missed out on a full season of AAU and had shorten 11th grade high school seasons, making tougher for the bigger sites like 247 to see them as much. Of course now that Rivals is irrelevant and ESPN laid everyone off the composite doesn't really matter anymore either, it was cool when 247 started because you had scout, rivals and espn all at full force still, but now they would be better off just promoting their own rankings

Composite is almost worthless now that Rivals and ESPN are awful and don’t put a ton of resources into them currently.
If that's the case, and I do want to believe the Gophers are getting the best players, I'll go along either the most favorable site.

Anybody know what happened with JOJ at Prolific and why he isn't there anymore?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Osseo star Joshua Ola-Joseph told me he sent in his signed letter of intent today to play for <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherMBB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherMBB</a>. &quot;It feels good. Couldn&#39;t see myself there if not for Ben Johnson.&quot; Things didn&#39;t work out for him at Prolific Prep but he&#39;s hoping to land at another prep school soon</p>&mdash; Marcus R. Fuller (@Marcus_R_Fuller) <a href="">November 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom