Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

Wow, you figured all that out?

Basketball is a team game. Successful teams play together and support each other. Good athletes welcome competition that will ultimately help the team.
But if you are transferring to a team where you dont know anybody, you want enough playing time to help yourself.
And so Lu'cye Patterson doesn't want to lose playing time to Christie on a team to which he has no loyalty yet. He may prefer to commit to a team which he knows he will get more playing time to achieve personal goals.

But if you are transferring to a team where you dont know anybody, you want enough playing time to help yourself.
And so Lu'cye Patterson doesn't want to lose playing time to Christie on a team to which he has no loyalty yet. He may prefer to commit to a team which he knows he will get more playing time to achieve personal goals.
Yes, we know all that. But you (or someone) has been talking about the coach promising players playing time (none do), not about transfers.

Yes, we know all that. But you (or someone) has been talking about the coach promising players playing time (none do), not about transfers.
Ok, just speaking for myself, I was discussing why I thought Lu'cye Patterson may be delaying his decision to transfer until he knows that Christie is not returning to the Gophers.
If that isn't what this discussion is about, then I have been out of touch since it began. In which case, I apologize.

I believe he'd be a transfer from Adams College.
revenge-of-the-nerds-1.0-1024x576.jpg
We should trot out a basketball team of all incredible nerds. And just give up...like these nerds did in the athletic portion of their contest.

It would be more entertaining than normal boring losing...am I wrong?

Analytics on that team would be crazy
Yeah and analysts.

I'd rather have the national commentators say that the Gophers put out a team from the Institute of Technology....than say we did the best we could but we're simply inferior to Texas Tech & TCU, etc., etc. and got our butts kicked.

The analysts can say that the Timberwolves are our paid team.

From howeda’s perspective he doesn’t like losing basket. From your guys perspective he doesn’t like Ben. Unfortunately they are currently one and the same so there is no way to know which it is.
So, is there a different board for fans who like losing? Some of us must be in the wrong place.

So, is there a different board for fans who like losing? Some of us must be in the wrong place.
Everyone seems happy that we replaced our valuable players with scrubs.

Everyone was happy when we booted-out Reggie Lynch.

Everyone was happy that we booted-out White & Mbakwe.

I even remember everyone happy when we destroyed Haskins' Final Four team.

[/QUOTE
"Our valuable players" include Ihnen, Keinys, JoJ, Wilson, Ramberg, Carrington?
If they are replaced by six players who were good enough to get on the floor for their previous teams, it is ALL GOOD!!!!

If Ben was a spectacular enough recruiter to assemble this great and valuable team that was going to make the Sweet 16, how is his newly recruited team a bunch of scrubs destined for the cellar? Is he a good recruiter/coach or isn't he? $$ alone can't explain the massive gap.

Really thought Patterson would have had the Denzel Washington “boom” by now.
As a negotiator, I can tell you that negotiations are much harder now than the recent past. I’m sure both sides have their heels dug in on this one. I’m sure Patterson has some people he needs to feed. Holding out for maximum success.

As a negotiator, I can tell you that negotiations are much harder now than the recent past. I’m sure both sides have their heels dug in on this one. I’m sure Patterson has some people he needs to feed. Holding out for maximum success.
Never mind. He just signed.

If you had any kind of map, you would be all over it.

I think it's likely the Gophers Portal season is over.

I'll give it a 7 out of 10, decent enough

Jesus .. 7 out of 10... That's some serious low expectations... I'm hovering around a 5... Lots of kids need to step up their game for this roster to be anywhere successful
With our current staff and rumored NIL, 7 out of 10.

The team will be better this coming year than last year. And that's with losing Payne, Christie, and Hawkins.

Ben deserves come credit. Still have to play the games, but I'm alright with it.

With our current staff and rumored NIL, 7 out of 10.

The team will be better this coming year than last year. And that's with losing Payne, Christie, and Hawkins.

Ben deserves come credit. Still have to play the games, but I'm alright with it.
I like your optimism but while this group moves up defensively and depth wise, it declines in offensive skill. Capable shooting covers a lot of ills and we lost two good shooters and didn’t replace them.

I like your optimism but while this group moves up defensively and depth wise, it declines in offensive skill. Capable shooting covers a lot of ills and we lost two good shooters and didn’t replace them.
You can hope that the sum is greater than its parts and they win more games in the best case scenario. But I don't see how you can say they're better talent - wise. Hawkins, Christie and Payne are all better on paper than the folks replacing them. The added depth doesn't make up for that completely.

Absolutely, we need one more Gaurd that is a scorer. A shooter is preffered to a slasher. I think that then moves the needle.

Absolutely, we need one more Gaurd that is a scorer. A shooter is preffered to a slasher. I think that then moves the needle.
I am hoping that on May29, one of the two things will occur:
1) Cam Christie will postpone his NBA career and return to the Gophers;
Or
2) if Christie decides not to return to the Gophers, the Gophers will sign Jackson State wing Ken Evans Jr. out of the transfer portal.

If Ben was a spectacular enough recruiter to assemble this great and valuable team that was going to make the Sweet 16, how is his newly recruited team a bunch of scrubs destined for the cellar? Is he a good recruiter/coach or isn't he? $$ alone can't explain the massive gap.
This season will answer that! I actually think they as a whole are well put together and might surprise us.
Guess we will see come this novembef and forward. Until then evertone on here is guessing and really does not know!

Top Bottom