Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

I'm afriad the days of formulating & crafting future rosters is over. No guarantees anyone will return.

Only one that matters is the current one.
Agreed. It's not a U problem. And the sooner people come to grips with that, the easier it will be for them. You don't have to like it. But it's the reality until changes are made.

This offseason has been annoying and frustrating, but there is a very real possibility we are better next year than we were this year. That's the goal.

I'm afriad the days of formulating & crafting future rosters is over. No guarantees anyone will return.

Only one that matters is the current one.
How so? Now one can formulate and craft with a known entity, rather than a freshman who has no collegiate record to go by.

How so? Now one can formulate and craft with a known entity, rather than a freshman who has no collegiate record to go by.
thats where I'm at. Programs with good coaching and money can start planning for the next season while still in a current season. target who you want on the team and let the bagmen start their efforts

heard from my NWARK friends that the tyson family and jerry jones are major contributors to the Hogs NIL. With Cal as coach and plenty of money, Cal can start on his 2025-26 roster late 2024

Seriously...People were posting last week as if he's already on the team.
The Gophers are trying to convince Lu'cye to change his first name to something more masculine..like Gail, or Pharrel...

I hope the aren't waiting for May29 and the Christie/NBA final decision before their roster completion.

I highly doubt that. Why would Patterson wait for Christie? Either Ben wants him or doesn’t. Unless Patterson doesn’t want to compete with him for PT.
Patterson would be pencilled in as starting PG whether or not Christie is back. Rigsby and Odukale would have more to worry about. Fortunately they already committed.

Patterson would be pencilled in as starting PG whether or not Christie is back. Rigsby and Odukale would have more to worry about. Fortunately they already committed.
You are not wrong, but we all know how much commitments are worth right now, especially in college basketball. Hopefully all the guys who have committed actually end up on the final roster.

Unless Christie's return bumps Mike Mitchell to PG. That would squeeze PG's PT sharing with

Unless Christie's return bumps Mike Mitchell to PG. That would squeeze PG's PT sharing with Mitchell and Asuma at 1; Grigsby and Caleb Williams at 2; Christie and Odukale at 3.

"Unless Christie's return bumps Mike Mitchell to PG. That would squeeze PG's PT sharing with Mitchell and Asuma at 1; Grigsby and Caleb Williams at 2; Christie and Odukale at 3."

Why would that happen? If Christie returned he would be starting with Michell and Patterson. Just like how he started this year with Mitchell and Hawkins. Primary reserve guards being Asuma/Grigsby/Odukale. Williams is last guard on the depth chart until he proves otherwise.

You are not wrong, but we all know how much commitments are worth right now, especially in college basketball. Hopefully all the guys who have committed actually end up on the final roster.
This may be a foolish question but when does a Commitment become "set in stone" I suppose it would be once the agreement is signed? If having the players signature is "binding" for that season - when is that official dat? Thanks

Mixed feelings on spending NIL money on Christie if he decides to return. Between Ken Evans and Christie, I'd take Evans and be done. Conf. POY says something, and although Cam is a very nice player and pure shooter, he would likely be defensive neutral taking a larger $$ for a year. Christie and CBJ have obviously had that conversation.

Hypothetically, CBJ--"I want you to develop into the player you can be, get your NBA feedback and you are always welcome to return. I have a team to build on limited budget and cannot hinge that all on whether you decide late to come back or not, but I want this to work out for both of us with you coming back to a starting spot". Cam--"I love my starting role here at MN, but my family told me to go through the NBA process, get all the data I can. I know you gotta do what you gotta do, and we'll see what happens in May after the combine. I want to come back, but I can't for free".

"Unless Christie's return bumps Mike Mitchell to PG. That would squeeze PG's PT sharing with Mitchell and Asuma at 1; Grigsby and Caleb Williams at 2; Christie and Odukale at 3."

Why would that happen? If Christie returned he would be starting with Michell and Patterson. Just like how he started this year with Mitchell and Hawkins. Primary reserve guards being Asuma/Grigsby/Odukale. Williams is last guard on the depth chart until he proves otherwise.
We don't really know what CBJ promised to Odukale, Grigsby, Patterson or Williams.

Mixed feelings on spending NIL money on Christie if he decides to return. Between Ken Evans and Christie, I'd take Evans and be done. Conf. POY says something, and although Cam is a very nice player and pure shooter, he would likely be defensive neutral taking a larger $$ for a year. Christie and CBJ have obviously had that conversation.

Hypothetically, CBJ--"I want you to develop into the player you can be, get your NBA feedback and you are always welcome to return. I have a team to build on limited budget and cannot hinge that all on whether you decide late to come back or not, but I want this to work out for both of us with you coming back to a starting spot". Cam--"I love my starting role here at MN, but my family told me to go through the NBA process, get all the data I can. I know you gotta do what you gotta do, and we'll see what happens in May after the combine. I want to come back, but I can't for free".
I agree 100% wIth saying good bye to Christie NOW! He is here for one more year tops! In that one year, Ken Evans will be better and in two years Christie will be a star in G-league/2-way/NBA.

Top Bottom