Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

It's admittedly hard to project. But what's better, avg 11 ppg on a pretty bad Pepperdine team or avg 6 ppg on a top 50ish team? I'm not sure. Could he avg 10 ppg like Mitchell did this past season? I think so. Or at least around that. But I think he'd for sure see a spike in his ppg production from Oregon to here.
I will go with Mitchell. If someone isn’t scoring or even starting most games at a JC, gives me doubts. If he was 6’5” or 6’6” and a shut down defender, than yes, but he’s about as tall as Mitchell.
Honestly, I bet we see him sign with the Gophers because they desperately need someone. Then we will see next season.

I will go with Mitchell. If someone isn’t scoring or even starting most games at a JC, gives me doubts. If he was 6’5” or 6’6” and a shut down defender, than yes, but he’s about as tall as Mitchell.
Honestly, I bet we see him sign with the Gophers because they desperately need someone. Then we will see next season.

You may be right. But that JC team had some other good guards who all transferred up to D1. Avg 11 given that competition isn't that bad, especially as a FR. If he does come, it'll be interesting.

Just take him, we need the bodies.
If he doesn't hurt the NIL budget, by all means. Right now we need a big wing, we need Christie back, we need a point guard and another big who can play defense- those are all going to cost substantial dollars.

Ken Evans Jr. - Jackson State University
KyKy Tandy - Jacksonville State University

Not the same university, but I'm sensing a common theme of posters targets...

And maybe someone of interest will enter the portal from Jacksonville University (the Dolphins) to add a little more confusion. Jacksonville is private and hasn't been heard from in a long time but it was the alma mater of a famous basketball player (Artis Gilmore).

And maybe someone of interest will enter the portal from Jacksonville University (the Dolphins) to add a little more confusion. Jacksonville is private and hasn't been heard from in a long time but it was the alma mater of a famous basketball player (Artis Gilmore).
And Pembrook Burrows III, another seven footer.

If you play for a team that is losing at halftime, can you transfer immediately to the team that is beating your team?
Just think if men’s CBB still had quarters. The bagmen would be busy.

I bet he goes to Riverside. He’s from Cali
Seems like us and Illinois are the only bigger programs in contact, guess it depends on if he wants to be a reserve or a play a bigger role. He only averaged 13 minutes per game at Hawaii. He also tore his ACL in January. Hard to see him being ready to play many minutes in the B10 next year. He actually said he was considering a redshirt next year to strengthen his leg.

Interestingly at the end of his freshman year he started 3 games, including against UC-Irvine (23-12 and UC-Santa Barbara, both tied for 1st place in the Big West. He had a monster game against UC-Irvine, with 14 points (7-11 shooting), 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks in 29 minutes. But then never really took a step forward his sophomore season, which is why he is transferring.

Over those two years, yeah, I felt like I didn’t get better that much and I was in the same position I was my freshman year," Seck said in a phone interview. "That’s why I decided to challenge myself to go to a different school.Seck, whose 2023-24 season was cut short due to a knee injury, said he is not sure where he will go but "I'm pretty sure I will have a lot of options." The 7-foot-1 native of Senegal said he will likely look to redshirt the coming season to strengthen his leg for two more college seasons, then turn professional.

Last edited:

KyKy Tandy in the portal.

Was with Ben at Xavier, Grad transfer from Jax State, averaged 17.8, 2.6 reb and 1.4 assists. 39% from 3.

He is seeking a 6th year of eligibility.
I never understood why Ben didn't target him when they both left Xavier the first time.

I
Seems like us and Illinois are the only bigger programs in contact, guess it depends on if he wants to be a reserve or a play a bigger role. He only averaged 13 minutes per game at Hawaii. He also tore his ACL in January. Hard to see him being ready to play many minutes in the B10 next year. He actually said he was considering a redshirt next year to strengthen his leg.

Interestingly at the end of his freshman year he started 3 games, including against UC-Irvine (23-12 and UC-Santa Barbara, both tied for 1st place in the Big West. He had a monster game against UC-Irvine, with 14 points (7-11 shooting), 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks in 29 minutes. But then never really took a step forward his sophomore season, which is why he is transferring.
This one is bizarre.....so he's planning on redshirting this year to rehab a knee injury? Who is gonna take him? Think about it.....he comes to your school....collects NIL.....rehabs his knee with your facility/medical staff and then re-enters the portal for more NIL $$$ when he's actually ready to play. What a potential nightmare.

I

This one is bizarre.....so he's planning on redshirting this year to rehab a knee injury? Who is gonna take him? Think about it.....he comes to your school....collects NIL.....rehabs his knee with your facility/medical staff and then re-enters the portal for more NIL $$$ when he's actually ready to play. What a potential nightmare.
Yeah I don’t think that’s gonna happen with the caliber of player he is. I don’t even think he’d get any NIL deals until he’s healthy enough to play

I

He isn't likely to get much if anything in pay for play money if he isn't going to be able to play for a year.

Yeah I don’t think that’s gonna happen with the caliber of player he is. I don’t even think he’d get any NIL deals until he’s healthy enough to play
The situation smells of getting chased out of a scholarship because the team didn’t want to invest in rehabilitation. They might with a better player. Good example of the dark side of zero commitment environment. Some guy from the Twin Cities suburbs gets life changing cash while a kid from Riverside gets sent packing because of an injury.

Of course speculation on the specifics, but not at all out of the realm of possibility in a completely unregulated and functionally morally bankrupt system.

I

I honestly can't think of 1 reason you would take a kid who is going to redshirt. You get nothing that year, and the way FA works, if that player is worth anything they are getting 100000 offers to leave, and if they are terrible then you keep wasting a spot. Literally a total lose lose.

Top Bottom