Gopher Portal Offers

Willwin40

Reaction score
Would someone compile a list of Gopher portal offers so far? There must be someone here that has the time to do it.

Thanks

Thanks for sending this but I don’t see the db from Bucknell listed.

Good, detailed article on IDL Thor Griffith. Quite an athlete. New Hampshire kid; Harvard post-grad. Love to see him visit for the Tyler Baugh spot. He’d be a great plug-n-play, but might have his sights set higher than us. Fingers crossed.

Per the link I posted above, 3 new offers went out today to DL/DE

Khordae Sydnor out of Purdue, DE who didn't play a ton this year but had a huge 2022. 6'4 265 lb Sophomore

Samuel Okunlola out of Pitt 6'4 245 lb DL, RS Freshman who had18 tackles and 5 sacks in 10 games this year

Quindario Lee out of Central Michigan 6'5 280lb Sophomore, 28 tackles 7 Tackles for Loss and 3 sacks this season

This would seem to me like we're probably out for Thor Griffith and are going to option 2s, all very good seeming players.

Not on that site I posted yet, but another offer out per twitter to Blaine Green from Oklahoma State. One of Seth Green's younger brother's, other is now at Wisconsin. WR/TE.

Good, detailed article on IDL Thor Griffith. Quite an athlete. New Hampshire kid; Harvard post-grad. Love to see him visit for the Tyler Baugh spot. He’d be a great plug-n-play, but might have his sights set higher than us. Fingers crossed.

Article in the Athletic said he’s weighing offer’s from Michigan and The OSU - he’s outta of our league.

Per the link I posted above, 3 new offers went out today to DL/DE

Khordae Sydnor out of Purdue, DE who didn't play a ton this year but had a huge 2022. 6'4 265 lb Sophomore

Samuel Okunlola out of Pitt 6'4 245 lb DL, RS Freshman who had18 tackles and 5 sacks in 10 games this year

Quindario Lee out of Central Michigan 6'5 280lb Sophomore, 28 tackles 7 Tackles for Loss and 3 sacks this season

This would seem to me like we're probably out for Thor Griffith and are going to option 2s, all very good seeming players.
I don’t think these offers indicate we are out for Thor. He is a DT these offers look like DEs. Im guessing they’d like to get multiple dlinemen.

I have to ask . Basketball, it's about the connection with the coaches that developed over many years. Football is different, a program can come in at the last minute and steal a recruit. Why?

Gophers offered Logan Fife R-Fr Qb from Fresno, from the sounds of it he was told this would be in a back up role.
Sounds like he can run a little.

Is this negative recruiting? Positive? Is it all about perspective?
Not sure what you mean. I would say it's ballsy to recruit a player from a team that the coach hates your program.

Not sure what you mean. I would say it's ballsy to recruit a player from a team that the coach hates your program.
PJ was bitching about the Badgers and other teams "negative recruiting" our players. Not sure if that was for recruits or transfers but he just did it to Kill. They have a history of battling for recruits that predates both of their Gopher jobs. I get he's in the portal so he's up for grabs. Hope it works out.

Trent Hudson was already in the portal when Minnesota offered. Ballsy would be poaching him beforehand.

PJ was bitching about the Badgers and other teams "negative recruiting" our players. Not sure if that was for recruits or transfers but he just did it to Kill. They have a history of battling for recruits that predates both of their Gopher jobs. I get he's in the portal so he's up for grabs. Hope it works out.
Maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about but I don’t see how that’s negative recruiting. Do you have any reason to believe PJ was shitting on NMST or Kill to try to sway this kid to come here? That would be negative recruiting.

Maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about but I don’t see how that’s negative recruiting. Do you have any reason to believe PJ was shitting on NMST or Kill to try to sway this kid to come here? That would be negative recruiting.
It appears to me that you know what you're talking about.

Maybe we need to define negative recruiting, as opposed to simply recruiting.

A sign of the changing times when a guy named Thor rejects the Viking state and picks ... Louisville. What are you going to do?
And he was from Harvard. Cant be that smart as Louisville is not a outstanding U. Outstanding in the middle of nowhere maybe so it must be Nil $

Top Bottom