Gopher Hockey Recruiting

They always do and they will probably snag Hagens from BU.

Right now there is BC, BU, and UM recruiting and then there is the rest.

5 Star 2007s remaining:
LJ Mooney - #4 2007, #2 American 2007, #2 college bound
William Moore - #6 2007, #4 Canadian 2007, #3 college bound if he plays college
Lukas Sawchyn - #18 2007, # 6 "American" 2007 (sort of Minnesotan), #8 college bound if he plays college
Cooper Simpson - #10 American 2007, #2 Minnesotan 2007

Minimum need one of those. Success would be 2. Insanity would be 3+.

Eiserman decommits. Yup.

Last season was the year.

Probably. Imagine he ends up at a Boston school and my guess would be BC with Hagens.

The last six months have been absolutely devastating for Gopher hockey.

I think part of me that lived and died by Gopher hockey died in Tampa. The empty feeling walking out of the arena in silence, and getting back to the hotel staring out the window for almost an hour, numb.

The recruiting in the last 12 months: nothing special
Hobey Baker winner leaves and you bring in a D3 kid
Your best recruit leaves

Gophers are going to need some help from above to win a title the next two or three years now that Eiserman is out of the picture.

I know it's fatalist but we really need a spark or something...

Games ain’t won on paper nor commonly by the team with the “most talent”. This team can absolutely win it all. Next year I agree they’re going to need some reloading help up front, but also is the joy the portal in that we should absolutely be an easily active player to pick up high end guys. Enjoy the year. I was there with you after the Tampa game In person, but this team can absolutely do it as well.

I think part of me that lived and died by Gopher hockey died in Tampa. The empty feeling walking out of the arena in silence, and getting back to the hotel staring out the window for almost an hour, numb.

Your best recruit leaves

Gophers are going to need some help from above to win a title the next two or three years now that Eiserman is out of the picture.

but also is the joy the portal in that we should absolutely be an easily active player to pick up high end guys.
Bob has been very anti-portal and with five forwards already lined up that could potentially come in to replace Nelson/Brodzinski/Snuggerud I doubt he'll be super active next spring, either.

Bob has been very anti-portal and with five forwards already lined up that could potentially come in to replace Nelson/Brodzinski/Snuggerud I doubt he'll be super active next spring, either.
which, if so, he thinks the guys he has coming in can compete for the BIG and National title. Bob knows you don't get extended runs here. He's not going to throw a whole season in the bin to "build".

Looks like BU, not BC. A little surprising.
Not really. His buddy and #1 overall Celebrini will probably stay another year and be favorites for a championship (maybe a back to back) with him and maybe Hutson stays an extra year.

Not really. His buddy and #1 overall Celebrini will probably stay another year and be favorites for a championship (maybe a back to back) with him and maybe Hutson stays an extra year.
Got it. Not that up on BU (nor BC for that matter) roster.

Both are LOADED and going to remain loaded.
Probably. Things seem to run in cycles, though. For a while the best teams were in the old WCHA, then the East Coast won a bunch, then UMD, Denver, NDak and the NCHA. I'd argue that that last 3 years the BIG had the best teams, at least the most talent. BC and BU might have a run, but it won't last forever.

Probably. Things seem to run in cycles, though. For a while the best teams were in the old WCHA, then the East Coast won a bunch, then UMD, Denver, NDak and the NCHA. I'd argue that that last 3 years the BIG had the best teams, at least the most talent. BC and BU might have a run, but it won't last forever.
Going forward whoever has the most NIL money will rule, and it seems the Gophers are not competing in that department. Will need to rely on getting the top Minnesota kids out of loyalty to the state.

Your best recruit leaves

I wish the part of you that posts on message boards stayed in Tampa as well.

Not sure how the Minnesotas, Quinnipiacs, Union Colleges, Mankatos, and Holy Crosses can compete with NIL. I mean the team with the most top-end talent always wins in college hockey

Both are LOADED and going to remain loaded.
Yep. BU and BC are going to be tough the next few years. But let’s not forget when everyone handed Michigan the NC when they had 5 first rounders on their team. Oops

But then how would we know how badly we are going to suck?
And not just now, we are going to suck forever. We can't afford any good players, and we will never have another shot at a championship.

And not just now, we are going to suck forever. We can't afford any good players, and we will never have another shot at a championship.
Yep. Pretty much sums up the situation. This is probably the last year we have a shot at splitting a series with St. Thomas.

BU and BC are loaded but have they won anything lately? UMD went to 4 straight Frozen Fours and they didn't have out of this world recruiting any of those years. Recruits aren't everything.

BU and BC are loaded but have they won anything lately? UMD went to 4 straight Frozen Fours and they didn't have out of this world recruiting any of those years. Recruits aren't everything.
Exactly. Like Mr Brooks once said. I don’t want the best players, I want players that are best for the team

Top Bottom