Gopher Football Wants a New Scoreboard

bigger, better, newer. that's the way it works with all technology.

have to have the newest phone, TV, computer, etc.

If the Twins are spending 30 million on their new enlarged scoreboard, and the Gophers are asking 6-7 million, I’d say there is zero chance the board will be bigger and we are not talking about addressing the little board on the east side at all.

Seems like they would be better off spending the money to put the heating coils back under the field. I still can’t believe they took those out.
Yeah, it sucks but they pretty much had to after Favre tripped on one and knocked himself out.

I thought one of the reasons the stadium has an East-West orientation rather than a conventional North-South was to have the open end with a view of campus/downtown. If that was true, I don't envision a giant board being put up that blocks that view.

I do hope at some point they address the East side. Maybe add one of those thinner ones that run the width of the stadium.
I selfishly agree. My view is towards DT Mpls and don't want it blocked more than it is currently. I do like that they upgraded the concourse TVs with larger ones, and upsizing the east scoreboard sounds reasonable.

Top Bottom