Good or Not Good for Tyler Johnson?

I think TJ would find a way to get on the field even if Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, and Larry Fitzgerald were on his team.

Not good in the short term. AB's a clown, it's a sideshow, and it takes reps from him.

I doubt AB is there past the end of this season, and of course it's 50/50 if he ever catches a pass in a Bucs uniform. So TJ's still part of Tampa's future.

Now with both Evans AND Goodwin sidelined due to injuries, we’ll see if Arians & Brady really likes TJ or not. Every time I watch the Bucs play this year, TJ only ends up with 1-2 catches and he just looked bitter all the time (never smiles, and just walks around lazy after each play like he don’t want to be there). AB should be returning on next Monday from his 3 game suspension. No where in the media said anything about this will be TJ’s time to shine or that he’s even a consideration to replace their two best injured WRs! TJ’s name never gets mentioned in any updates or team reports.

With all this “next man up” mantra….not sure TJ is Bucs’ man 😆

He now has extended run to prove himself. If he doesn't, he'll be on a different team or out of the NFL entirely next year

Let's hope he's around long enough to at least qualify for his pension.

Even with Godwin and Evans out don't expect many targets to go TJ's way. Brown, Gronk and Fournette will eat up most of the touches. Still don't believe Evans will be out next week.

He now has extended run to prove himself. If he doesn't, he'll be on a different team or out of the NFL entirely next year

Let's hope he's around long enough to at least qualify for his pension.
It may serve him well if he tries to absorb and learn as much as he can. Moving on to another team may give him a chance to shine. He should keep his head up high. He’s accomplished something many college football players dream of.

Now with both Evans AND Goodwin sidelined due to injuries, we’ll see if Arians & Brady really likes TJ or not. Every time I watch the Bucs play this year, TJ only ends up with 1-2 catches and he just looked bitter all the time (never smiles, and just walks around lazy after each play like he don’t want to be there). AB should be returning on next Monday from his 3 game suspension. No where in the media said anything about this will be TJ’s time to shine or that he’s even a consideration to replace their two best injured WRs! TJ’s name never gets mentioned in any updates or team reports.

With all this “next man up” mantra….not sure TJ is Bucs’ man 😆
He won't see that many targets if he keeps dropping the ball. I was traveling so I was only listening to Sunday's game but it sounds like he had a terrible drop, and then not long after he made a pretty incredible catch. Love TJ, but he just drops the ball way way too damn often to be a reliable NFL receiver.

That last Bucs game was ugly. Brady has had such a great career but he acts like a complete @ss when things aren’t going his way. He doesn’t seem to have any trust right now in Tyler and Tyler doesn’t seem to be in a good place mentally.

Tyler isn’t doing a very good job blocking from my brief watching of Tampa games. Pretty critical if you’re the 3rd-5th wideout on a team

Tyler isn’t doing a very good job blocking from my brief watching of Tampa games. Pretty critical if you’re the 3rd-5th wideout on a team

He's been streaky receiving as well.

On Sunday night, Brady hit him in the stomach with a football that he dropped, but then came back to him in double coverage and Johnson caught a pass over the top of the corner.

He's managing to stay relevant as a sophomore receiver in the NFL's best receiver room. He just needs to keeping working and his time will come. Brown also tends to lineup outside whereas Johnson tends to lineup in the slot, so I don't think that Brown coming back will cut into his targets too much. Might actually open up some space for him.

As an aside, he dropped an absolutely ridiculous insta post last year that made me think that he's a bit of a prima donna himself.

Last edited:

With the NFL theme here, last night was the first WR TD (Smith-Marsette) for an Iowa alumi since Tim Dwight 14 years ago. Crazy. However 113 TD's by Iowa TE's during that span. (8 per season).

Decker had 54 TD's in 8 seasons.

MN hasn't had a OL drafted since 2006 is a crazy run.

Even with Godwin and Evans out don't expect many targets to go TJ's way. Brown, Gronk and Fournette will eat up most of the touches. Still don't believe Evans will be out next week.
Don't agree with this take. First, Johnson got seven targets last week which is more than enough to make an impact. Second, Johnson tends to lineup in the slot, so as long as Godwin is out, he should get reps. Even if Evans and AB come back, Johnson will still get targets.

I actually think putting AB on the field will open up more space for Johnson to work. Should make things a little easier on him next week.

That last Bucs game was ugly. Brady has had such a great career but he acts like a complete @ss when things aren’t going his way. He doesn’t seem to have any trust right now in Tyler and Tyler doesn’t seem to be in a good place mentally.
I've seen a bunch of people surprised by this with Brady. I don't really recall Brady acting much different than any other player who actually cares. The Bears players/sideline were clearly pissed about lousing. I didn't find anything Brady did to be outside of the normal reaction besides cursing out the NO sidelines. That was completed warranted. They are a dirty team.

I'd trade him.

I think he is good and we could get good value for him. However, I think the Vikings have hung on to players for way too long.

They should have let Barr walk. They should (IMO) trade Thielen if you can get a 2nd round pick or multiple 3s/4s. They should have let Rudolph walk earlier.

So I would trade Thielen. It's not because I don't like him. I just don't think we are close to contending and you shouldn't dump money into 30+ year players when you are looking to reload. I'd probably trade H. Smith, Cooke, Kendricks and potentially Hunter as well (Hunter would depend upon compensation and my trainer's opinion).

I'd trade him.

I think he is good and we could get good value for him. However, I think the Vikings have hung on to players for way too long.

They should have let Barr walk. They should (IMO) trade Thielen if you can get a 2nd round pick or multiple 3s/4s. They should have let Rudolph walk earlier.

So I would trade Thielen. It's not because I don't like him. I just don't think we are close to contending and you shouldn't dump money into 30+ year players when you are looking to reload. I'd probably trade H. Smith, Cooke, Kendricks and potentially Hunter as well (Hunter would depend upon compensation and my trainer's opinion).
I do like your assessment but your going a bit far with Kendrick’s and Hunter… I probably wouldn’t trade Thielen either but if i could a 3 for Cook i’d trade him.

What have you seen from Jefferson that makes you think that?
Mostly body language when things don't go his way. Pouty. I remember last night there was a play where he walked off the field mopey and I don't think he realized it was only 3rd down upcoming to an earlier penalty.

Not calling him a prima donna but just some possible red flags. All WR are divas to a certain point 😉😆 Don't get me wrong, the kid is a freaking stud so far and I'm not saying I would get rid or him or anything.

I do like your assessment but your going a bit far with Kendrick’s and Hunter… I probably wouldn’t trade Thielen either but if i could a 3 for Cook i’d trade him.
I hear you on Hunter and Kendricks (Thielen too).

For Hunter, if he's healthy, you lock him up. He's young and plays the second most position.

For Kendricks, I really like him. He's probably my favorite Vikings, but I just think of LBers in the NFL similarly to how I think of RBs. I am not sure if it's ever worth dumping a ton of money into them .

Is TJ hurt or on COVID list? Don’t even see him in the game stats?! Is he even playing today? If he is suited up and playing, TB must not have looked at him for any passes! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not looking good for TJ

Also, AWJr is also not found on the game stats for today nor last week? Is he hurt or on COVID list?

Is TJ hurt or on COVID list? Don’t even see him in the game stats?! Is he even playing today? If he is suited up and playing, TB must not have looked at him for any passes! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not looking good for TJ

Also, AWJr is also not found on the game stats for today nor last week? Is he hurt or on COVID list?
Tyler is playing, AWJr out with a foot injury.

Not looking good for TJ

This is Winfield's second week in a row he has missed due to a foot injury. Not sure what is going on with TJ, figured he would be playing a ton today.

Top Bottom