GOLD OUT

The beauty of doing a Gold-Out against a team with similar colors is that the whole place will look like all Gopher fans. I doubt Western Michigan has a huge traveling contingent, but all gold will look good. Don't be a turd and just wear gold!

I looked all over for a gold "women's" shirt for my wife tonight and couldn't find one anywhere. Any suggestions that aren't crazy expensive?

For those crying that they want a free Gold t-shirt from the U for the Gold Out game - Go see Jerry.

Coach Kill to distribute tickets, Gold "No more MInnesota nice!" t-shirts tomorrow morning on UMN East Bank campus.

Parski1 said:
For those crying that they want a free Gold t-shirt from the U for the Gold Out game - Go see Jerry.

Coach Kill to distribute tickets, Gold "No more MInnesota nice!" t-shirts tomorrow morning on UMN East Bank campus.

To students or everyone?

fyi for those that missed it on the uniform thread. team will wear gold tops w/maroon pants for the gold out. gopher equipment staff tweeted earlier.

I looked all over for a gold "women's" shirt for my wife tonight and couldn't find one anywhere. Any suggestions that aren't crazy expensive?

We found some at Target. Looked at Kohls and they only had maroon & white in the women's section. The Bookstore & Goldy's lockerroom have a ton.

You can also check out Fleet Farm if you have one nearby.

Saw some older folks walking around campus in the "No More Minnesota Nice" t-shirts. Looks like Coach Kill handed a few out to everyone.

Saw some older folks walking around campus in the "No More Minnesota Nice" t-shirts. .Looks like Coach Kill handed a few out to everyone

I think it is awesome that he gave everyone a few instead of limiting it to one per customer. :)

I'm bringing the family to game (My 4-year-old daughter's second game, my 2-year-old daughter's first), and we don't own gold outfits for them. We did buy maroon shirts for them this year for our family portraits. I'm still trying to convince my frugal wife to buy gold outfits for them. And the only gold I own is a beat-up t-shirt with ripped out armpits, and my wife has an old Brew Crew shirt. So if you see us wearing maroon, don't freak out. At least we'll be there. We already spend $100 for the tickets, and plan to spend more for parking and, of course, a beer for myself. And trust me, we'll walk by the U bookstore kiosk and say, "Hey honey, there's a sale on gold stuff."

But we have to chill a little when someone doesn't wear gold Saturday. It's a bigger deal when you don't have a lot of money to spend. And it's an even bigger deal that we will be there.

Go Gophers!!!

This is entirely understandable, and completely different from not wearing gold "on principle".

At least he (or she) put out an idea. It's far better than what Gopher Marketing has come up with. Plus he hasn't been critical. Do you have any ideas? Seriously.

We don't need ideas we need participation.

For many of the Scrooges on this topic, you may not like this but I think it's original. Furthermore, it's an idea that's offered which is more than most of the Scrooges have offered up. I'm sure it'll be slammed by some, but I've never seen any school that's done either of the following:

Lower deck= gold (or whatever)
Upper deck= maroon (or whatever)
OR
Home side of the horseshoe= gold (or whatever)
Away side of the horseshoe= maroon (or whatever)

Do this every game. It'd be OUR thing. (I think Boise St. does the stripe thing every game as their thing.) The student section might cause a logistics problem, so they could wear whatever (gold, maroon, black, white).

I like this.

Theres a GOLDY'S LOCKER ROOM IN THE STADIUM. Gold stuff was/is 25% off. Not a valid excuse. The people wearing maroon despite knowing its a gold out are cheap and arrogant. If I, a college student (not at the U) can afford to buy some Gold stuff so can you.

This is entirely understandable, and completely different from not wearing gold "on principle".

Nicely done.

Oh, and at what point in this program's history did we start barking after singing the Rouser? I don't feel like we were doing this even 5 years ago. Possibly another stolen tradition from a team whose mascot was some kind of dog, which would be completely appropriate.

Barking?? Are you referring to the final "Rah!" at the end of the Rouser? If so, look up the song - it is actually part of the song.

If that's NOT what you're talking about I have no clue what you mean by barking. I've never heard anything other than the final "Rah!" after the rouser.

Obviously very different. Won't spend money vs can't. Get over yourself

"Not a valid excuse" and saying "a college student can afford to buy some Gold stuff so can you" sure sound to me like belittling anyone who can't afford to buy non-necessity items.

Telling me to "get over [my]self" is pretty funny coming from someone calling people out for being cheap when you have no idea what their situation is like.

"Not a valid excuse" and saying "a college student can afford to buy some Gold stuff so can you" sure sound to me like belittling anyone who can't afford to buy non-necessity items.

Telling me to "get over [my]self" is pretty funny coming from someone calling people out for being cheap when you have no idea what their situation is like.

And when he explained the situation I was understanding. He's trying to get it done. You're just being an @$$h0le by not participating.

I still think gold rally towels need to happen at some point. Perhaps for a night game or homecoming. Or even *gasp* this weekend! Who knows if the U has anything in store, we will all find out when we walk through the gates at TCF.

Get there early. Stay late. Cheer on the Gophers. Ski-U-Mah.

DPU = DBAG

Gold out no go

DPU = DBAG

So I know this will come at risk of being an outcast, but I too will be attending and not wearing gold. I went to two stores today to find something in gold that either I liked that I would wear other than at the game, or that was cheap enough to justify spending the money for one game. Couldn't find either at Kohl's or Sam's Club, and that's all the time I could spare. And my 4-year-old son also doesn't have any gold shirts, so that's just the way it is.

I would have participated, but it was too much of a hassle for me to find something that worked. Granted, I could have started looking a month ago, but I didn't.

As far as the game goes, don't give people grief about not wearing gold. Don't call them out or tell them they aren't good fans. We have a hard enough time selling tickets and getting new people involved to think that if they are hassled at a game about their attire they will want to come back again.

In reality, the only way to get this to truly work is to lay out T-shirts on every seat as a giveaway. There has to be a sponsor that would do it. The Twins have giveaways all season long of much higher quality than the 75 cents per piece it would cost to mass produce a bunch of T-shirts. Once per year if they are going to do this Gold Out, it is the only way to go.

So I know this will come at risk of being an outcast, but I too will be attending and not wearing gold. I went to two stores today to find something in gold that either I liked that I would wear other than at the game, or that was cheap enough to justify spending the money for one game. Couldn't find either at Kohl's or Sam's Club, and that's all the time I could spare. And my 4-year-old son also doesn't have any gold shirts, so that's just the way it is.

I would have participated, but it was too much of a hassle for me to find something that worked. Granted, I could have started looking a month ago, but I didn't.

As far as the game goes, don't give people grief about not wearing gold. Don't call them out or tell them they aren't good fans. We have a hard enough time selling tickets and getting new people involved to think that if they are hassled at a game about their attire they will want to come back again.

In reality, the only way to get this to truly work is to lay out T-shirts on every seat as a giveaway. There has to be a sponsor that would do it. The Twins have giveaways all season long of much higher quality than the 75 cents per piece it would cost to mass produce a bunch of T-shirts. Once per year if they are going to do this Gold Out, it is the only way to go.

+1. I will be wearing gold. But, I have mentioned the bold part a time or two in this thread and I think that is the only way it is going to really work! If they really want it to work, that is what they should do. It only seems to get shot down with people accusing others of being "too cheap" to buy a gold shirt. Which is ridiculous. I will be wearing gold proudly, but certainly won't dog anybody for wearing maroon, that's for sure.

How can you be a Gopher fan and not have at least one shirt that is not gold? That does not make any sense. You can buy a gold t-shirt, it doesn't have to say Minnesota on it.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the bickering on this thread and the failed past attempts, maybe it's time to drop it. As others have said, unless the shirts are provided it ain't gonna work.

How about this; last game of the year have a 'white out'. When someone starts the 'wave' make sure it goes slowly and call it 'the drift'.:cool02:

With all the bickering on this thread and the failed past attempts, maybe it's time to drop it. As others have said, unless the shirts are provided it ain't gonna work.

How about this; last game of the year have a 'white out'. When someone starts the 'wave' make sure it goes slowly and call it 'the drift'.:cool02:

Took 176 post and 8 pages but you got it in! :clap:

I have a bunch of maroon tees, I really don't have any gold gopher tees. I do have a gold sweatshirt.....hopefully it will be cool enough for that.

Weather forecast (according to the weather channel) is a high in the low 80's so a sweatshirt might be a little warm.

Top Bottom