Go Get Musselman

Oh I disagree...the team that made the NCAAs the year the scandal broke was pretty dang good (made the NCAAs and almost won despite players sitting) and had pieces for the future.

I was a freshmen that year I loved that team...
Lost to Dan Monson and started Gonzaga's run.

Lost to Dan Monson and started Gonzaga's run.
Don't remind me. Dusty Rychart played well though!

Kevin Clarke was so much fun to watch...that team would have likely lost in Round 2 but they had skill so Sweet Sixteen wasn't out of the question.

I will never forget being in my dorm room reading that story in the paper. If that doesn't happen I likely never get hockey tickets the next season (would have gotten basketball) and my whole life is different.

Oh I disagree...the team that made the NCAAs the year the scandal broke was pretty dang good (made the NCAAs and almost won despite players sitting) and had pieces for the future.

I was a freshmen that year I loved that team...
I'm being a little unfair as they did get the NIT title in 98. I was just disappointed in the quality of the recruits brought in following the success of 97. They went from several Mr. Basketballs to some fairly pedestrian talent other Przybilla. A friend and I had season tickets those years. I remember a great back and forth game with a highly ranked Cincinnati team coached by Bob Huggins. I think Sanden, of all people, hit a tying shot but we lost late.

People are telling Payne's people that they can get him entry level NBA money ($1.1m). Let's see if that happens. But you can see how that would influence a 20-year-old
1.1 mil!?!?!?

Did a player even make that this year??

I think muss would be the easiest get of most coaches of his caliber... I still think the play is medved...

I think muss would be the easiest get of most coaches of his caliber... I still think the play is medved...
Sorry... Neither of these 2 are bringing any NIL bobos with them. Papa Muss coached here at the 'U' 50 years ago and Eric joined him with the T-wolves in year 2 (1990-91). Any serious local excitement in the Muss name has long since passed.

Why are some so into Musselman? No go for me.

Here is and has always been the real problem with MN basketball. They fired Clem. And let themselves get hammered into oblivion. Flat out that was the day it was over and has never recovered.
Had they stood behind him like Kansas, etc has done, he would have gone on to build(or continue) to be a consistent winner. Instead they showed everyone that this University does not care about sports or their coaches and it has been all downhill ever since.

They get LUCKY to land PJ Fleck.
❤️❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🔥❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🔥❤️❤️❤️❤️

Payne was told by agents/other schools that he could get entry-level NBA money elsewhere. That's what he is chasing.
Of course he is. Everyone in the college game that has ability is.
He also was a malcontent in the locker room along with Carrington and JOJ.
A malcontent in the locker room? I doubt it. Did he think he had more NIL coming then we were offering- it appears so.

Of course he is. Everyone in the college game that has ability is.

A malcontent in the locker room? I doubt it. Did he think he had more NIL coming then we were offering- it appears so.

It's noted that he was upset with Ben and thought he should have been starting more. He, Carrington and JOJ all joined forces to become a locker room issue.

Medved is an alum, by all accounts a great guy, and has now shown that can not only elevate a program but sustain and regenerate one in the portal era. He would be successful here.

I was not on board with that last round...now I think it might be the smart hire which is both interesting and sad. It is me basically admitting we have a ceiling and I hate that.

Payne was told by agents/other schools that he could get entry-level NBA money elsewhere. That's what he is chasing. He also was a malcontent in the locker room along with Carrington and JOJ.
Yeah....ima need to see something other than your wild-ass claims to even give them a second thought.

Payne ain't getting $1.1m. And the rest is just as unlikely.

He didn't say Payne would get it, just that someone told him that is what he could get. I would not doubt someone is filling his head with delusions of grandeur...I mean christ Carrington thinks he deserves money and more minutes.

Payne was told by agents/other schools that he could get entry-level NBA money elsewhere. That's what he is chasing. He also was a malcontent in the locker room along with Carrington and JOJ.

I’m going to ask one more time in a different way.

What is your specific source for your above information? How do you know it’s factual? I’m m sure you’re aware thst one of the most common things people lie about is money because of how it impresses people.

If you don’t reply, then why should anyone believe the veracity of your posts?

I’m going to ask one more time in a different way.

What is your specific source for your above information? How do you know it’s factual? I’m m sure you’re aware thst one of the most common things people lie about is money because of how it impresses people.

If you don’t reply, then why should anyone believe the veracity of your posts?

Not sure if you know who Ryan James is but he has direct sources in the program.

Not sure if you know who Ryan James is but he has direct sources in the program.

YesI do, thank you- I was on that site before I became thrifty.

I’m watching Clemson and AZ - Go Tigers!

All three of their bigs have made a 3, I’d pay 1.1M for them 😀

Last edited:

I was not on board with that last round...now I think it might be the smart hire which is both interesting and sad. It is me basically admitting we have a ceiling and I hate that.
Last round, I was with you in that I thought Medved was worst case. He's definitely proven better with 2 NCAA tournament berths since then at CSU. He'd be a solid hire IMO.

It's almost like Craig Smith and Medved have switched spots for me this time around. I'd still take Smith, but I think he's your fallback / last resort type at this point.

Sorry... Neither of these 2 are bringing any NIL bobos with them. Papa Muss coached here at the 'U' 50 years ago and Eric joined him with the T-wolves in year 2 (1990-91). Any serious local excitement in the Muss name has long since passed.
First, the older season ticket holders are the ones with the $$. And second, local ties aside, he's a year removed from three straight Elite 8/Sweet 16 appearances and has taken multiple programs to the Sweet 16. At worst, he's the basketball version of Fleck.

It's noted that he was upset with Ben and thought he should have been starting more. He, Carrington and JOJ all joined forces to become a locker room issue.
Well, he was right about that. He should have started all season. One of the stubbornest coaching things I have seen. Remember who was starting in front of him?

Well, he was right about that. He should have started all season. One of the stubbornest coaching things I have seen. Remember who was starting in front of him?
Managed to piss off both Payne and then JOJ by stubbornly insisting on starting him over Payne and then burying him on the bench.

Top Bottom