Get this guy a helmet and some pads

Gable dominates the #2 ranked wrestler in the world 8-0 to advance to the semi finals. Taha Akgul stood no chance.

Future gopher football player Gable Steveson advances to the finals with a 5-0 win. He will the face three time defending world champion @ ~5am Friday.

Gable is Golden in an incredible finish!

Last edited:

Congrats to him! He was already great, but he has taken it to a new level clearly. Like, before he was just one of the top 3 in the NCAA perhaps, but no where near the top of the world.

Congrats to him! He was already great, but he has taken it to a new level clearly. Like, before he was just one of the top 3 in the NCAA perhaps, but no where near the top of the world.
What? He gave up one takedown his entire collegiate season and absolutely dominated the us qualifiers.

He was definitely thought of as a medal contender coming into the Olympics.

6'1" 260lb linebacker? would that be better than the WWE?

Now that he has an olympic gold, he could probably do pretty well with the NIL. Might as well give college football a go. WWE will be there in a couple years if it doesn't pan out.

Now that he has an olympic gold, he could probably do pretty well with the NIL. Might as well give college football a go. WWE will be there in a couple years if it doesn't pan out.

Watching him out there, he's basically Aaron Donald, physically. He could be really good.

But no chance of him playing football now. He's likely done wrestling for the Gophers too. Maybe even Olympic wrestling, though he's quite young to hang that up. But he might. He's been flirting with the WWE for years and the last 3 days have turned that nuclear.

And that's great for the U, and great for Gable. He's going to be a big star, either in the WWE and/or UFC, and be a household name making many millions. Gopher sports haven't had many icons in recent years, and it's time for Gable to carry the torch.

If I would have seen the video first this morning prior to hearing that he won. I would have bet the house that he is lost going all the way to about 2 seconds left or so. What a match, and yes what a heart breaker for the Georgian opponent and coach. I'm sure his opponent will do it differently next time if he ever gets a chance.

He did make $250,000 for winning gold, which is nice.

He was born to wrestle, his name is Gable Dan Steveson. Named after one of the greatest wrestlers ever. Its like a fairy tale.

Where does he get that from? USA gold medalists get $37,500 from the USOC.
USA Wrestling has a Living the Dream Fund

World Championships
Gold - $50,000
Silver - $25,000
Bronze - $15,000

Olympic Games
Gold - $250,000
Silver - $50,000
Bronze - $25,000

What? He gave up one takedown his entire collegiate season and absolutely dominated the us qualifiers.

He was definitely thought of as a medal contender coming into the Olympics.
No no, I'm talking about 2019. He lost twice to Penn State's HW (Anthony Cassar), once in the BT championship and once in the NCAA championship. And that same year he lost twice to Nick Gwiazdowski at the 2019 Worlds team qualifiers, by scores of 12-5 and 12-4. Then later that summer he lost to Khasanboy Rakhimov (who since has been disqualified from competition for PEDs) by a score of 14-6. I'm sure that guy was great, but was he even at the level of Akgül and Petriashvili, at that time? Guessing not.

That's what I meant, sorry for confusion. From that time, he has clearly improved a great deal, even though he was very good then still.

Now, he's unquestionably the best freestyler in the world at 125kg.

Cassar, meanwhile, has moved on to MMA

I’d prefer a Saturday afternoon smackdown over Friday Night SmackDown, but that’s just me being selfish.
Probably one thing that would help: if someone were to draw up a nice cartoon rendering of Gable giving a body slam smackdown to Graham Mertz, on the field. But, that's just my opinion!

Get this guy a helmet and some pads and some straight cash with his own NIL!

Attachments

• GGS.jpg
    GGS.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 13

Top Bottom